Okra for super fast hair growth???

amwcah

Sounds interesting, but no thank you! I cringe at the idea of having slimy okra touching my head or mouth for that matter.

PureSilver

Thanks for the link on how to use. Okra is something that is eaten at least once a week in my home. I don't think i'll be trying this but it will be interesting to see the results of those who do. So who's gonna be the ginuea piggy:grin:

Krystle~Hime

what ?? gombo in your hair !!!??? i eat this at every dinner, if it will make your hair growth i think people will see benefits from several/daily internal taking? nope?
(in west coast africa we call it gombo and it's eating like every other day)

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
lol I eat a LOT of okra and it doesn't give me super fast hair growth. Never tried it topical, probably never will

Krystle~Hime

i've read the articles.
I don't know, I don't think so.
but you know, people use catnip on hair, cucumbers on hair, lots of fruit, so why not this? it won't hurt, or maybe it will leave hair greasy?(when mom cook it it's a sticky sauce, so use it as a conditioner following eHOW.com, mmmmh nah.

Kash

Oh boy! Here we go. I can see the thread title now...
Okra Vegetable Miracle Hair Growth 2011 Challenge!

My Friend

Great post OP:yep:

Okra is sulphur based:lick: Okra originated in Africa. It's the original and botanical version of MTG :yep: and all the other sulphur based hair products.

It also helps the body to absorb vitamin b. A lot of women on this board take vitamin b and buy sulphur products all the time. Okra also removes excess cholesterol:yep:

Does anyone have a good okra recipe?

BostonMaria

My grandma used to make me eat Okra when I was pregnant with my DD. According to my grandma, God bless her soul, the Okra would help me "slide" the baby right out. Don't ask.

4bslbound

Thanks for the information OP. Most of the oils (or other herbal and natural conditioners or growht aides) that we use come from a vegetable.

Hopefully this helps someone, too. If you use it, keep us posted:)

My Friend

My grandma used to make me eat Okra when I was pregnant with my DD. According to my grandma, God bless her soul, the Okra would help me "slide" the baby right out. Don't ask.

Girl your grandma was right to give you that okra..it's full of folic acid. That ensured your baby didn't have birth defects:yep: sometimes our elders know that we should eat certain things but the reason why gets distorted.

Carisa

Great post OP:yep:

Okra is sulphur based:lick: Okra originated in Africa. It's the original and botanical version of MTG :yep: and all the other sulphur based hair products.

It also helps the body to absorb vitamin b. A lot of women on this board take vitamin b and buy sulphur products all the time. Okra also removes excess cholesterol:yep:

Does anyone have a good okra recipe?

Most foods high in sulfur (eggs, coconut, garlic, onions, avacados, tomatoes) are said to be good for hair and boost growth so okra may work but I'd rather use the powdered sulfur :yep:

My Friend

Most foods high in sulfur (eggs, coconut, garlic, onions, avacados, tomatoes) are said to be good for hair and boost growth so okra may work but I'd rather use the powdered sulfur :

:lachen: some people may want the non chemical version :grin: I wonder how they make the powder?

MissLeo

After finding several more stories in older posts that confirmed the fast growth I decided that I am going to try it, by just boiling the okra and using the insides minus the seeds. I will be washing my hair once a week though. They give an explanation on how to do this on this site for those who want to try. The life of a Mixtress

My Friend

After finding several more stories in older posts that confirmed the fast growth I decided that I am going to try it, by just boiling the okra and using the insides minus the seeds. I will be washing my hair once a week though. They give an explanation on how to do this on this site for those who want to try. The life of a Mixtress

Good luck OP :yep:Please keep us posted. What is your regi along with the okra? What is your starting length?

MissLeo

Good luck OP :yep:Please keep us posted. What is your regi along with the okra? What is your starting length?

Right now I am just taking biotin. I just did a BC (pics coming soon) so I have about 5 inches of hair now. Or for those who don't like unit measurements, my hair goes just pass the base of my neck.

qchelle

yummy!! I love okra. My grandma used to make this soup that was thebomb.com with okra in it.

sensi sweetie

I am skeptical of anything that claims to give "super fast hair growth" :rolleyes:

Okra, however, is delicious. :lick: What is so gag worthy about putting it in your hair? Its just a vegetable y'all :rofl:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I love eating okra, I can't see me putting it on my scalp. I'll stick to using MSM.

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App

MissLeo

Boiled the okra last night and put some of the filtered "slime" on my scalp. It absorbed into my hair really easily and no flaking today. I'm in the one inch a month challenge, lets see if this gets the job done.