Olaplex 0123456789 What's Your Numba?

Theresamonet

Used No2 and the 4n1 today. Olaplex has really been helping my hair. This may have been the problem with my hair before, as I only used it a few times since being relaxed again. Won't ever stop using it again. Definitely a staple.

Been wondering about No9. Have seen many reviews online and YT that it's supposed to be great? Like for blow drying, but I also just read someone getting great results with just air drying with it. I'm wondering if it would be a good replacement for NTM Leave In?

ETA: Looks like @LushLox also had great results air drying with No9! Guess I've found my next Olaplex buy!

I got a sample tube of No9, and will try air drying with it tonight. I’m trying to figure out how to incorporate it though. I normally use just 6 & 7 as leave-ins. So maybe I’ll add it between the two… or after 7… or in place of 6. Ionno…

ETA: I found the answer. The order to apply is 9,6,7.

Last edited:

secretdiamond

I got a sample tube of No9, and will try air drying with it tonight. I’m trying to figure out how to incorporate it though. I normally use just 6 & 7 as leave-ins. So maybe I’ll add it between the two… or after 7… or in place of 6. Ionno…

ETA: I found the answer. The order to apply is 9,6,7.

Thanks! This is great info! I also have 6, and was considering 7. Good to know how to use them. Can’t wait to hear how 9 works for your hair.

Theresamonet

Thanks! This is great info! I also have 6, and was considering 7. Good to know how to use them. Can’t wait to hear how 9 works for your hair.

I didn’t notice anything special about No9. I don’t have anything to say about it, it’s like nothing. My hair feels the same as when I just use 6&7.

I normally apply Aveda Nutriplenish leave-in spray, and then 6&7. I omitted the Aveda and just used 9,6&7. my hair feels a lot less hydrated today.

I’m going to use it in a few other ways before I completely call it a waste. I want to use it with heat, and with no other products.

secretdiamond

I didn’t notice anything special about No9. I don’t have anything to say about it, it’s like nothing. My hair feels the same as when I just use 6&7.

I normally apply Aveda Nutriplenish leave-in spray, and then 6&7. I omitted the Aveda and just used 9,6&7. my hair feels a lot less hydrated today.

I’m going to use it in a few other ways before I completely call it a waste. I want to use it with heat, and with no other products.
Thanks for that update. Looking into that Aveda spray now. Looks like I'm late on this one, based on the reviews online.

Theresamonet

Thanks for that update. Looking into that Aveda spray now. Looks like I'm late on this one, based on the reviews online.

I’ve become an Aveda junkie. I love the Nutriplenish leave-in spray and moisturizing cream. I really hate to feel greasiness in my hair, I just want it to feel soft and hydrated. These products do that for me. I did an experiment with the Nutriplenish cream on half my head, and As I Am Double Butter on one side. Both sides were equally moisturized for 2 days, but you could feel the product on the As I Am side; the Nutriplenish side just felt like soft hair.

Last edited:

LushLox

I’ve become an Aveda junkie. I love the Nutriplenish leave-in spray and moisturizing cream. I really hate to feel greasiness in my hair, I just want it to feel soft and hydrated. These products do that for me. I did an experiment with the Nutriplenish cream on half my head, and As I Am Double Butter on one side. Both sides were equally moisturized for 2 days, but you could feel the product on the As I Am side; the Nutriplenish side just felt like soft hair.

Nutriplenish is beautiful. I have their whole range including the new treatment styling foam

LushLox

Used No2 and the 4n1 today. Olaplex has really been helping my hair. This may have been the problem with my hair before, as I only used it a few times since being relaxed again. Won't ever stop using it again. Definitely a staple.

Been wondering about No9. Have seen many reviews online and YT that it's supposed to be great? Like for blow drying, but I also just read someone getting great results with just air drying with it. I'm wondering if it would be a good replacement for NTM Leave In?

ETA: Looks like @LushLox also had great results air drying with No9! Guess I've found my next Olaplex buy!

No 9 is lovely to air dry with. I don't tend to use it when I use heat because I only use dedicated heat protection products when I heat style. But when I air dry it's *chefs kiss.*

My hair dries so smooth, don't even need to comb it really lol

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I'm enjoying everything so much, :infatuated: I "may" break down and get the 4n1 as a BF treat (My list is very slim - this year)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Was thinking about just reupping on a few Olaplex products for BF.

Unfortunately, right now, that's all I've been using and I really need to get back to my Stash.:drowning:

Aggie

This morning I used #4 and 5 in the shower and they are still awesome on my hair. I wanted tovadd a little strengthening but not too much and the #5 Conditioner was perfect for that.

Aggie

Thinking of reserving #4 (the regular one) more as a clarifying shampoo.
The #4 shampoo is definitely not for clarifying. In fact, it leaves the hair a little heavy because of how moisturizing it is. Olaplex has it's own clarifying shampoo and it's called Olaplex #4C. I have it and it is definitely clarifying. The#4 is not. A little goes a long way with both. FYI

secretdiamond

The #4 shampoo is definitely not for clarifying. In fact, it leaves the hair a little heavy because of how moisturizing it is. Olaplex has it's own clarifying shampoo and it's called Olaplex #4C. I have it and it is definitely clarifying. The#4 is not. A little goes a long way with both. FYI
Oh yes, I know. But for me, it actually leaves my hair feeling a little stripped. So, I rarely use it, for that reason.
I wouldn't mind using it for those days I want to cleanse a bit more than my current poos do.

Theresamonet

I really like #5 too! But I wasn’t sure if I wanted to repurchase, because I don’t always know how to fit rinse out conditioners into my routine. I deep condition every wash and I don’t really co-wash (unless im deep into a relaxer stretch).

So how do you all incorporate #5?

I didn’t really like #9 for air drying, but I loved it for my blowout.