OLAPLEX: Hair Game Changer?

Atthatday

Every knee shall bow...
I was using #1 & #2 for a month with great results. I used it in highlights. Now, I'm using #2, since I have an abundance of it. It's my third week using Neutral Protein Filler. IMO, the NPF enhanced the Olaplex. Great results with both!

faithVA

I have some more 1 & 2 left. I'm going to use that next time instead of the #3. I usually do it before my protein treatment but I think I will do my best t treatment at the end of the month. I want to see if it helps my porous colored ends

Daina

I've been using steps 1 & 2 faithfully for almost 3 months. It helped to stop the shedding and breakage and together with regular protein usage my hair is much stronger. My heat damaged areas are behaving much better and I have been able to do WnG's without looking crazy because of heat damage. Now that my hair is better I am going to move to maintenance mode with step 3 and use once a month. For me it has been a game changer for sure!

deborah11

I've been using steps 1 & 2 faithfully for almost 3 months. It helped to stop the shedding and breakage and together with regular protein usage my hair is much stronger. My heat damaged areas are behaving much better and I have been able to do WnG's without looking crazy because of heat damage. Now that my hair is better I am going to move to maintenance mode with step 3 and use once a month. For me it has been a game changer for sure!
How do you use 1 & 2? How long do you leave it on? How often do you use? Do you follow up with shampoo after rinsing it out?

Daina

How do you use 1 & 2? How long do you leave it on? How often do you use? Do you follow up with shampoo after rinsing it out?

@deborah11, I follow the instructions provided which are super easy I know on You Tube some have deviated but the plan they provide works for me. Basically depending on how much build-up I have from the week sometimes I will lightly shampoo or water rinse first then do step 1. I leave step 1 on for 15 minutes then cover with step 2 for 30 minutes. I shampoo or co-wash after rinsing then treat with protein and DC. I used it every week for a month when I first got it. Then went to every 2 weeks for the last 2 months. HTH

deborah11

Last week I used 1 & 2 followed by shampoo, komaza protein, and moisturizing conditioner. The protein really made a Hugh difference. This is only my 2nd time using 1&2. The first time I used it in January 2016, I did not follow up with protein and my results were ok but not so amazing that I felt the need to put it in my regular rotation. I was really impressed this time and will do it again in 2 weeks, for a total of 4 treatments and then I will use no. 3 for maintenance. Will see how it goes. I am hopeful that with extended use this system may be helpful to my heat damaged hair ( stupid me, damaged from high heat in dry sauna with non-protected hair)

Britt

I am still using this but just started back using it faithfully bc I have my hair colored now and in the process of going lighter. My hair doesn't quite feel the same when it's wet bc of the coloring so I'm hoping the Olaplex will help that some. The Olaplex makes my hair really springy when I use it. It goes on smoothly and my hair feels so good when I wash it out. Kinda hairs to describe bc it doesn't feel like a protein treatment for me. It's a staple in my regimen.

Britt

I've been using the home version no.3. I get mine from EBay. I would always have a jar on hand, it makes my hair feel so good when I have it in... Differently than a regular conditioner but also complimentary to a conditioner bc my hair feels really nice when I conditioner afterwards.

MilkChocolateOne

I've been using the home version no.3. I get mine from EBay. I would always have a jar on hand, it makes my hair feel so good when I have it in... Differently than a regular conditioner but also complimentary to a conditioner bc my hair feels really nice when I conditioner afterwards.

What seller do you purchase it from?

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
Really? How do you think that happened? Maybe by drying your hair out? I'm curious because I use the sauna at my gym, and I'm not sure if it's considered a wet or dry sauna. The only "wet" about it is the pouring of water on the heating element thing. But it evaporates so fast, like instantly, that I don't know if it's really considered a wet sauna.

How would you protect your hair in the sauna?
Will see how it goes. I am hopeful that with extended use this system may be helpful to my heat damaged hair ( stupid me, damaged from high heat in dry sauna with non-protected hair)

gvin89

My stylist used this product on me back in May to combat dryness and excessive shedding. My natural hair is soooooo much better now and I do not use No. 3 at home. She said we would do a round every quarter.

deborah11

Really? How do you think that happened? Maybe by drying your hair out? I'm curious because I use the sauna at my gym, and I'm not sure if it's considered a wet or dry sauna. The only "wet" about it is the pouring of water on the heating element thing. But it evaporates so fast, like instantly, that I don't know if it's really considered a wet sauna.

How would you protect your hair in the sauna?

Water on the heating element means it is moist heat; dry heat involves no water/moisture at alL. I think dry heat is probably the same as exposing your hair to hot flat iron heat for extended period and the hair is destroyed and fried. This is what happened to me. In the future if I ever get up the nerve to use a sauna again, I would put a moisturizing conditioner on my hair, cover with plastic shower cap and wrap in a towel. Please protect your hair and be careful. I would not want you to go through what I am currently undergoing. It has been awful, truly awful.

deborah11

Water on the heating element means it is moist heat; dry heat involves no water/moisture at alL. I think dry heat is probably the same as exposing your hair to hot flat iron heat for extended period and the hair is destroyed and fried. This is what happened to me. In the future if I ever get up the nerve to use a sauna again, I would put a moisturizing conditioner on my hair, cover with plastic shower cap and wrap in a towel. Please protect your hair and be careful. I would not want you to go through what I am currently undergoing. It has been awful, truly awful.
Oh and yes, my hair was as dry as the desert and would not hold a curl or even a slight bend for months. 16 months later, my hair is just now starting to hold a little curl, but nowhere near hair it used to be!

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
I appreciate the heads up. Sorry you've experienced that. :bighug:

VimiJn

Let the truth set you free!
My stylist used this on me this weekend and I love how my hair feels! I will monitor to see how it responds to shedding and breakage.

I'm relaxed.
I was wondering at which step in the process did she use it and which one ?

imaginary

They've recently started selling the number 3 on their site, I guess to cut down on the amazon/ebay peeps (Link). I still want the number 1 and 2 for myself though.

Tootuff

I must be doing something wrong because with these little bottles I can barely get two application out of 2 & 3. Any suggestions?