OLAPLEX: Hair Game Changer?

Luxlii

The bottle showed in the picture is a dupe for step 1. It is a liquid just like the Olaplex. Each bottle contains 2 uses. The instructions are indeed similar:

Directions
Salon Directions: Mix lightener or hair color thoroughly, before adding ion Color Brilliance Absolute Perfection Booster.

Hair Color: Mix ½ a vial (1/8 oz or 3.75 ml) into 4 oz of color, no developer adjustments are necessary.

Lightener: Mix 1 vial ( ¼ oz or 7.5 ml) into 2 oz of bleach mixture. Due to the intense conditioning actives, increase the level of developer.

About the Product
  • Absolute Perfection + Absolute Color Sealer = Enhanced results
  • Repairs and helps to generate new bonds for stronger hair
  • Reduces dryness during chemical services
  • Restores moisture and reduces breakage

A step 2 is also offered. I didnt use it because it is a color sealer and I dont use color. On 2nd thought I should have grabbed 1 or 2 just tot try since they are a set. It was only like 1-2 bucks.

Aggie

The bottle showed in the picture is a dupe for step 1. It is a liquid just like the Olaplex. Each bottle contains 2 uses. The instructions are indeed similar:

Directions
Salon Directions: Mix lightener or hair color thoroughly, before adding ion Color Brilliance Absolute Perfection Booster.

Hair Color: Mix ½ a vial (1/8 oz or 3.75 ml) into 4 oz of color, no developer adjustments are necessary.

Lightener: Mix 1 vial ( ¼ oz or 7.5 ml) into 2 oz of bleach mixture. Due to the intense conditioning actives, increase the level of developer.

About the Product
  • Absolute Perfection + Absolute Color Sealer = Enhanced results
  • Repairs and helps to generate new bonds for stronger hair
  • Reduces dryness during chemical services
  • Restores moisture and reduces breakage

A step 2 is also offered. I didnt use it because it is a color sealer and I dont use color. On 2nd thought I should have grabbed 1 or 2 just tot try since they are a set. It was only like 1-2 bucks.
I bought the Pro Kit last week. Thanks for sharing this with us. I may still at some point get the Olaplex to compare them.

Honey Bee

Ok, I'm convinced. I'll buy the stand alone step. I'm natural and plan to color at some point in the future. What color, I do not know, but I'm getting some. :lol:

hothair

I love this and this is a permanent part of my reggie. I am multi highlighted, with a slight texlax on the last 2" and olaplex 1,2 during the highlight &3 about 2 weeks after. DH has been commenting on my hair. I will do a full 1 &2 every 3 months and number 3 monthly. I think it'll help me back on track.

My hair is thicker, the colour took better and when I straightened hair looked like a wig. My hair loves protein and this is a full dose

Thought I should update. Olaplex acted as a fancy proteinish treatment for me. Doing the egg oil thing weekly gives a similar effect. Please don't do that if your hair is protein sensitive without a serious moisturizing dc.

My hair is still lightened at the end but no more relax plus I'm about to refresh my highlights

Kitamita

Thought I should update. Olaplex acted as a fancy proteinish treatment for me. Doing the egg oil thing weekly gives a similar effect. Please don't do that if your hair is protein sensitive without a serious moisturizing dc.

My hair is still lightened at the end but no more relax plus I'm about to refresh my highlights

What is egg oil???

hothair

What is egg oil???

There's a thread here somewhere with an egg + evoo combo used weekly to boost hair growth. My hair loves it, longer easier to manage and I've been extremely low maintenance bordering on neglectful to my hair.

How I do:

Add egg and two tablespoons of evoo in a bowl and whisk, apply to hair for 15-30mins (I think original info says overnight but aint nobody got time for that). I use Matrix biolage to dc afterwards. Soft fuller and a bit longer hair. HTH

Hello everyone! I usually go to the salon to have my treatments done so I've never done it at home. Can anyone who has purchased the product recently without a license tell me where they got it?

Blue_Berry

Hello everyone! I usually go to the salon to have my treatments done so I've never done it at home. Can anyone who has purchased the product recently without a license tell me where they got it?

I probably might get hate for this and it's probably an unpopular opinion, but it could be my OCD. I'm picky where I get my stuff and what goes on my body. I know you can purchase the 3 at a salon that's 100% authentic. I haven't tried the 1 or 2 on my hair, but the 3 has done wonderful things to my hair. Go by your on gut if you want to get it off Amazon. I heard to many counterfeit and fake stories on there. Read both negative and positive reviews. Third party distributors is common on Amazon. I read reviews on a Joico product ruin someones hair, but every other people were saying it was a fake. A YouTuber said they found pee in their skincare product. Also, someone found mildew on expired vitamins they received. I buy from Amazon, but I will not buy anything that I will put in my hair, skin, and mouth. Go by your own risk, you don't know what they mix in it.

Last edited:
I am probably might get hate for this and it's probably an unpopular opinion, but it could be my OCD. I'm picky where I get my stuff and what goes on my body. I know you can purchase the 3 at a salon that's 100% authentic. I haven't tried the 1 or 2 on my hair, but the 3 has done wonderful things to my hair. Go by your on gut if you want to get it off Amazon. I heard to many counterfeit and fake stories on there. Read both negative and positive reviews. Third party distributors is common on Amazon. I read reviews on a Joico product ruin someones hair, but every other people were saying it was a fake. A YouTuber said they found pee in their skincare product. Also, someone found mildew on expired vitamins they received. I buy from Amazon, but I will not buy anything that I will put in my hair, skin, and mouth. Go by your own risk, you don't know what they mix it.

Thank you. It makes me nervous. I think that I'll try to find it at a salon. The one that I go to get the treatment did not carry the at home version. I prefer picking a product up my self to buying it online.

nymane

Thank you. It makes me nervous. I think that I'll try to find it at a salon. The one that I go to get the treatment did not carry the at home version. I prefer picking a product up my self to buying it online.

Items "shipped and sold" by Amazon are guaranteed to be authentic.

However, hair products sold by a third party and "fulfilled" by Amazon can be tricky, unless the third party is credible (i.e. Sleekhair.com)

Blue_Berry

Items "shipped and sold" by Amazon are guaranteed to be authentic.

However, hair products sold by a third party and "fulfilled" by Amazon can be tricky, unless the third party is credible (i.e. Sleekhair.com)

Nearly $400 for their full set and $130 for the small set. Jeez! o_O I will try it cheaper at a salon first and see how it goes before I splurge that big. That kind of money can pay some bills. I'm happy with the #3 I get for $24 at my local salon.

scoobygirl

I have been convinced. I suffered a major setback due to a lot of breakage since going natural. I just find a local salon 10 minutes from my house that is selling #3 for $30

gvin89

Nearly $400 for their full set and $130 for the small set. Jeez! o_O I will try it cheaper at a salon first and see how it goes before I splurge that big. That kind of money can pay some bills. I'm happy with the #3 I get for $24 at my local salon.

That's robbery.... trial size is $65 and full is $198 on Olaplex site .