OLAPLEX: Hair Game Changer?

JerriBlank

From the explanation on this website, I wonder if this can actually repair (like for real for real) heat damaged hair. http://www.labmuffin.com/2015/04/how-does-olaplex-hair-treatment-work/

My moderate heat damage hair looks as tightly coiled as the normal part of my hair. It was previously hanging noticeably lower, as the pattern was looser. I have a small patch of severe heat damage in front that I've been slowly trimming. No change there in terms of pattern. However, I will keep doing treatments to see if there is change over time.

sgold04

Olaplex has really reduced my shedding.

This looks promising. Are you natural or relaxed? Is your hair colored? Do you do the treatment yourself, or your salon does it?

I've always been afraid to dye my hair, but this might be a game changer.

InBloom

In my new-growth
This looks promising. Are you natural or relaxed? Is your hair colored? Do you do the treatment yourself, or your salon does it?

I've always been afraid to dye my hair, but this might be a game changer.

My hair is relaxed. I have fine strands with medium density. I have some thinning in my crown that has been an annoyance for years.

At the beginning of this year I cut back on shampoo a bit, opting for cowashes. I also finally embraced oil prepoo. I saw less shed hair by doing that.

Olaplex helps me with shedding as well as breakage. It also helps with breakage when I do semi perm color (black).

I do the treatment myself. The packaging comes with easy instructions and the website has great Q & A. I just did my 4th treatment yesterday.

The price point seems high, but I'll get a solid 10-12 uses out of the one travel kit.

abcd09

Is there any way to buy this without a cosmetologist license? The reviews on amazon all say it's different than the product used in the salon, suggesting the amazon product is fake

I am 10 months post relaxer and I flat iron my new growth. i'd like to restore the bonds in my hair and I am noticing some breakage. I wonder how well this product works for weekly heat styling

VinDieselsWifey

Is there any way to buy this without a cosmetologist license? The reviews on amazon all say it's different than the product used in the salon, suggesting the amazon product is fake

I am 10 months post relaxer and I flat iron my new growth. i'd like to restore the bonds in my hair and I am noticing some breakage. I wonder how well this product works for weekly heat styling

As far as I know you have to have a license to buy it or take your chances on Amazon & eBay.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
My hair is relaxed. I have fine strands with medium density. I have some thinning in my crown that has been an annoyance for years.

At the beginning of this year I cut back on shampoo a bit, opting for cowashes. I also finally embraced oil prepoo. I saw less shed hair by doing that.

Olaplex helps me with shedding as well as breakage. It also helps with breakage when I do semi perm color (black).

I do the treatment myself. The packaging comes with easy instructions and the website has great Q & A. I just did my 4th treatment yesterday.

The price point seems high, but I'll get a solid 10-12 uses out of the one travel kit.
Thanks for these details. How often do the treatments have to be repeated? Every wash day?

InBloom

In my new-growth
did you buy from a vendor or are you a cosmetologist? trying to find a legit vendor

(I'm getting obsessed)

There's a youtuber posted previously that spoke about ordering from Amazon. I got brave and ordered the travel kit from Amazon too. My packaging came inside an Olaplex box with sealed products. I suppose there's always the risk...

I will order from Amazon again because I don't have any hookups.

InBloom

In my new-growth
Thanks for these details. How often do the treatments have to be repeated? Every wash day?

I think it's on an as-needed basis. I relax, use heat and use semi-perm color. I figure I need it often. Olaplex website states it's safe to use weekly since it's not a protein treatment.

Once I feel my hair is improved enough, I plan to cut back. I do it weekly currently.

hothair

I love this and this is a permanent part of my reggie. I am multi highlighted, with a slight texlax on the last 2" and olaplex 1,2 during the highlight &3 about 2 weeks after. DH has been commenting on my hair. I will do a full 1 &2 every 3 months and number 3 monthly. I think it'll help me back on track.

My hair is thicker, the colour took better and when I straightened hair looked like a wig. My hair loves protein and this is a full dose

sgold04

I love this and this is a permanent part of my reggie. I am multi highlighted, with a slight texlax on the last 2" and olaplex 1,2 during the highlight &3 about 2 weeks after. DH has been commenting on my hair. I will do a full 1 &2 every 3 months and number 3 monthly. I think it'll help me back on track.

My hair is thicker, the colour took better and when I straightened hair looked like a wig. My hair loves protein and this is a full dose
Do you get it done at a salon, or do it yourself?

hothair

Do you get it done at a salon, or do it yourself?

Did it myself. It is very uncomplicated watch YouTube how tos. Essentially I used 1. During my highlighting - adjusted ratios of developer. Used 2. During the rinse stage and used 3. 2 weeks after before DC. It really sis a super reconstructor without the dry feel of a lot of protein

abcd09

t.
I have fine hair. have you noticed if it feels like it's making it behave like thick stranded hair? ie can you reach new lengths? less split ends?

InBloom

In my new-growth
I have fine hair. have you noticed if it feels like it's making it behave like thick stranded hair? ie can you reach new lengths? less split ends?

To be honest, if it weren't for the reduced breakage, I wouldn't really notice any difference. I have less shed, and a whole lot less breakage. Olaplex doesn't make my hair feel any differently that I've noticed. I just used it for the 5th consecutive week.