OLAPLEX: Hair Game Changer?

GGsKin

Used 1 + 2 for the first time yesterday. I can't really say much because my hair was braided away for 7 weeks before that. But I think I notice my hair is more springy than usual, and it also seemed to shed/ break less after the treatment. Wearing in a wash and go today.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Used 1 + 2 for the first time yesterday. I can't really say much because my hair was braided away for 7 weeks before that. But I think I notice my hair is more springy than usual, and it also seemed to shed/ break less after the treatment. Wearing in a wash and go today.
Girl, you got some pictures? I love your hair!!!

lorr1e1

4C (natural) currently relaxed (Mizani)
I may try this brand there are several products which did you use?

GGsKin

I may try this brand there are several products which did you use?
To date, I've used 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. I like no.3 but since this is designed for at home maintenance, I've always wanted to get the professional treatment (1+2). 0; I like that it helps no.3 become more effective. I love the shampoo (no.4), not fussed on no.5. Love no.6.

ETA: my review of 0- I forgot this existed for a moment.

Last edited:

Chicoro

@Chicoro Just snapped one for you. Can you see a little of my heat damage at the front? Annoyingly I did this to myself earlier in the year, but thankfully not too noticable.

Nope. I don't see any heat damage. I just see thick, full, lovely curls! Squirms with excitement. Thank you for posting a photo for me! Your hair is so pretty.

TLC1020

I have 3,4,5 & 6 in my Sephora cart but I haven't hit the checkout yet. I have some damage from color I was using for the last 2 years and was wondering if it will help my hair.

abioni

To date, I've used 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. I like no.3 but since this is designed for at home maintenance, I've always wanted to get the professional treatment (1+2). I love the shampoo (no.4), not fussed on no.5. Love no.6.

Where did you get 1 and 2?

Royalq

I bought # 3, 5 and 6 today. I have a feeling I am going to grow me some inches in 2022.
me too! Ive always either focused on length or gave up. For 2022 I want to focus on health and strength. I plan to use rice water, continue with my vitamins, Use No, 1&2 and Aphogee two step monthly.
Use No. 4 & 5 to clean weekly
Aphogee 2 minute weekly
Joico mositure balm for DC
No. 6 & 7 for leave ins

im hoping to thicken up and have healthier bra strap length hair since my hair seems to be forever perched there. Might as well make it the best darn bra strap length ever

Chicoro

me too! Ive always either focused on length or gave up. For 2022 I want to focus on health and strength. I plan to use rice water, continue with my vitamins, Use No, 1&2 and Aphogee two step monthly.
Use No. 4 & 5 to clean weekly
Aphogee 2 minute weekly
Joico mositure balm for DC
No. 6 & 7 for leave ins

im hoping to thicken up and have healthier bra strap length hair since my hair seems to be forever perched there. Might as well make it the best darn bra strap length ever
The only thing I would suggest is to use Aphogee 2 Step no more than every 2 months, not every month. Otherwise, your routine looks great!

Last edited:

naturalyogini

I used 0, 3,4,5,6,7 on my hair this evening. My hair was rough and hard after rinsing out #3. #5 didn't make it feel much better. Do you guys use a moisturizing conditioner after doing 0 and 3. Not feeling Olaplex . My hair is still Shedd. Rats, happens every time I color my hair.

demlew

I used 0, 3,4,5,6,7 on my hair this evening. My hair was rough and hard after rinsing out #3. #5 didn't make it feel much better. Do you guys use a moisturizing conditioner after doing 0 and 3. Not feeling Olaplex . My hair is still Shedd. Rats, happens every time I color my hair.

I love 0, 3, 4, and 7. I own the whole set, but those are my only re-buys. The conditioner is my least favorite. I usually use my regular moisturizing DC.

Chicoro

In a surprise twist of faith, my sister got me no 3, 4,5 and 7 for my birthday! I ordered 1, 2, 6, and the DC, so I now have the full set :clap:I hadn’t even told her I ordered any lol. We bouta grow some olaplex inches in 2022 baybeeee
Oh! Lucky you! How perfect is that!

Chicoro

Did you color first, days or weeks before using Olaplex? Or did you color the same day you used Olaplex? I felt 5 and 6 did nothing for me.

Chicoro

I used permanent color and a toner 2 weeks prior to Olaplex.
Thanks for replying.

I believe that Olaplex is designed to work in conjunction with you coloring process, to be done at the same time. How, I am not sure as I do not color my hair. I do believe it is intended to be a preventative measure to help limit some of the damage the hair may sustain during the dyeing process. I would suggest that you consider to give Olaplex No. 0 and No. 3 one more try. The next time you dye your hair pull out your Olaplex 0 and 3! Adding them on he same day you dye your hair might extend your process time, but perhaps using it in conjunction with the dye may bring about a more beneficial, noticeable change that you can see and feel. What are your thoughts?

Theresamonet

When you say it still sheds, are you referring to breakage? If it’s actual shedding from the follicle, Olaplex isn’t going to do anything for that, and doesn’t purport to.