OLAPLEX: Hair Game Changer?

Atthatday

Every knee shall bow...
Hello Ladies:

Olaplex is the BEST! I purchased the kit and #3, from a recognized beauty supplier, so it should be legit. I used #1 & #2 as a Stand Alone treatment on week 1, & used #3 on week 2. I didn't use it on week 3. It stopped major breaking and shedding!! My hair is still VERY dry. My regimen is constantly a WIP, as I wait on my Black Friday/Cyber Monday hair purchases, namely Qhemet Biologics.

If it was invented earlier, maybe it could have saved us from a many of headaches. I will continue to use this for EVERY chemical service, and use #3 at least once a month.

Side note: a stylist bleached my relaxed hair and my over processed hair has always/is dry.

vevster

You'll be pleased! Please keep us posted on your results.

If you are a frugal person, please be careful on the upcharges. As an savings idea, maybe your stylist could take you to the supply house, to buy the kit.
Well, it is like $20 on Amazon, not sure how many uses I get out of that. That is reasonable to me for any intensive conditioner.

InBloom

In my new-growth
Ladies, I got an Olaplex kit today. I'm going to try to get another week out of this silk out. Next week, I'll report back on whether using steps 1 and 2 helps with my heat damage. I'm so excited to try it, based on your reviews!

Excellent.

I just had my 6th weekly treatments (1 & 2) this afternoon. I'm doing two more weeks of treatments, then will scale down to biweekly for a couple of months.

abcd09

Hello Ladies:

Olaplex is the BEST! I purchased the kit and #3, from a recognized beauty supplier, so it should be legit. I used #1 & #2 as a Stand Alone treatment on week 1, & used #3 on week 2. I didn't use it on week 3. It stopped major breaking and shedding!! My hair is still VERY dry. My regimen is constantly a WIP, as I wait on my Black Friday/Cyber Monday hair purchases, namely Qhemet Biologics.

If it was invented earlier, maybe it could have saved us from a many of headaches. I will continue to use this for EVERY chemical service, and use #3 at least once a month.

Side note: a stylist bleached my relaxed hair and my over processed hair has always/is dry.
So are you saying your hair has always been dry, not due to the olaplex?

I've read some freaky reviews about (white) girls who slept in it overnight and wounded up having dry hair, although they admitted to having pravana hair treatments or were platinum blonde.

abcd09

To be honest, if it weren't for the reduced breakage, I wouldn't really notice any difference. I have less shed, and a whole lot less breakage. Olaplex doesn't make my hair feel any differently that I've noticed. I just used it for the 5th consecutive week.
This is worth it to me. I'm already seeing damage from weekly heat use.

Atthatday

Every knee shall bow...
So are you saying your hair has always been dry, not due to the olaplex?

I've read some freaky reviews about (white) girls who slept in it overnight and wounded up having dry hair, although they admitted to having pravana hair treatments or were platinum blonde.

Correct, my hair has ALWAYS been dry, prior to Olaplex. With Olaplex, even my SO can see a difference in my moisture level. One week, I didn't do the Olaplex and we have could tell.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
@faithVA, you will love it! I did my 1st stand alone Olaplex treatment last night.

My strands are in heaven.

I'm #teamolaplex now! In one treatment, I can see with continued use, I'll be able to rescue my remnants of heat damage.

I believe this is a definite stopgap for breakage and excessive shedding. Which will assist us in our retention efforts.

sgold04

Ladies, I got an Olaplex kit today. I'm going to try to get another week out of this silk out. Next week, I'll report back on whether using steps 1 and 2 helps with my heat damage. I'm so excited to try it, based on your reviews!
Where did you purchase from? (I may have asked this already, but I forget).

faithVA

@faithVA, you will love it! I did my 1st stand alone Olaplex treatment last night.

I'm #teamolaplex now! In one treatment, I can see with continued use, I'll be able to rescue my remnants of heat damage.

I believe this is a definite stopgap for breakage and excessive shedding. Which will assist us in our retention efforts.
Fabulous. I could definitely use some help. My hair has improved since last year but I'm always looking to improve what I'm doing. To stop coloring is out of the question so this is just what I was looking forward.

My package shipped today so I will give it a try before the end of the month.

faithVA

How

How often do you plan on doing the treatments.

abcd09

i just ordered some. hopefully it will arrive before i need to wash again.

i straighten my roots with every wash. i haven't had a relaxer since February 2015. i am seeing some breakage from heat and also some breakage at the demarcation line.

my question for you is, are you planning on doing the 1 and 2, or are you just doing #3 alone for your continued use sessions? how much heat damage do you have and what differences have you noticed? did you use heat after your most recent treatment?

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
@abcd09, I'm excited that you ordered!

I wish I would've taken pictures of what that area looks like wet, before and after the treatment, so you can see the difference.

I'll remember to do it next time, because seeing is believing.

Normally, the front and top of my hair is a 3B, the back/nape/sides 3C and the crown is 4A.

Currently, my runway aka the front and top of my hair doesn't look curly towards the ends on the right side due to heat damage. I had a bad visit to myself in March 2014 :nono:

I'll attach a pic of some hair I cut off in Sept and Oct of this year. You'll notice the curl is gone in the pic. I thought I got it all, but I didn't, and I'm not willing to cut anymore at this time.

I plan to do a stand alone treatment of #1 and #2, everytime I cleanse, until I'm happy. At that time, I'll transition to just using the lotion #2 or #3 each wash day. And continue to do the full stand alone treatment quarterly or, as needed.

See how the curl is gone in this pic:

Attachments

• 20151125_134641.jpg
    20151125_134641.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 90

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
@abcd09, I was so excited with the results, I had the delusion of doing a wash and go, last night.

Because I could see where some the curl had came back.

Then I remembered I'm #teamminimizetangles, :look:

abcd09

I'm so glad it is working so well for you! it sounds like your curls are reverting? While that is not the result I want, I hope it can help me reduce my damage because I don't want to give up heat training/straight hair but I don't want to relax for awhile.

Mine is supposed to arrive between the 17th and 21st.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Ladies:

I'm wondering how, and if, Olaplex will work with henna/cassia. Any insight?
I'm a henna head, as well. Do you mean using it following an henna treatment? Or, it being compatible with henna?

Wait are you talking about adding step #1 to your henna mix?

Girl, we need to figure this out, before my next hanna treatment in January. :look:

Atthatday

Every knee shall bow...
I'm a henna head, as well. Do you mean using it following an henna treatment? Or, it being compatible with henna?

Wait are you talking about adding step #1 to your henna mix?

Girl, we need to figure this out, before my next hanna treatment in January. :look:

Yes, Ma'am, adding #1 to the henna/cassia.

imaginary

So are the ones on amazon genuine? I'm wondering if it makes sense to buy the kit, or if I should just go with #3 alone or #1 and #2 alone...