OLAPLEX: Hair Game Changer?

abcd09

I wouldn't mix this with anything. I did and feel like I wasted it. I'm only using it as directed from now in. Only thing I do differently is leaving it on for longer than recommended. And don't forget to condition after using it!
how long do you leave it on for?

anyone can answer here :)

abcd09

So are the ones on amazon genuine? I'm wondering if it makes sense to buy the kit, or if I should just go with #3 alone or #1 and #2 alone...
id din't like the reviews i was reading on amazon. i bought mine from a "trusted" beauty vendor on ebay. hopefully its the real deal :pray::pray::pray:

imaginary

id din't like the reviews i was reading on amazon. i bought mine from a "trusted" beauty vendor on ebay. hopefully its the real deal :pray::pray::pray:

I hoping for you too :pray:.

I'm not sure, but I didn't want to take any chances.

Same. I'm really leery about buying it from amazon. Are the prices that different as compared to a licenced dealer?

I'd feel better about asking a cosmetologist to get it for me than chancing it on amazon.

deborah11

I got someone with a license to purchase mine. For some reason, I don't trust the authenticity of Amazon for this. I hope to try it soon

Kindheart

I haven't read everything but I m relaxed and bleached so looks like I need this in my life . Is this the same brand that makes the hair dye stripper?

abcd09

mine came in the mail today. it looks legit. i will try it tomorrow.

so you damp your hair, put #1 on, then after a few mins apply #2? then do your normal haircare routine: shampoo, protein, dc? the directions don't mention how to use the standalone

abcd09

My hair is relaxed. I have fine strands with medium density. I have some thinning in my crown that has been an annoyance for years.

At the beginning of this year I cut back on shampoo a bit, opting for cowashes. I also finally embraced oil prepoo. I saw less shed hair by doing that.

Olaplex helps me with shedding as well as breakage. It also helps with breakage when I do semi perm color (black).

I do the treatment myself. The packaging comes with easy instructions and the website has great Q & A. I just did my 4th treatment yesterday.

The price point seems high, but I'll get a solid 10-12 uses out of the one travel kit.
can you inform how you do your standalone? . I'm hearing that some people do this" damp hair. apply #1, let it sit. apply #2 over it and let that sit. wash out with shampoo then dc.

InBloom

In my new-growth
can you inform how you do your standalone? . I'm hearing that some people do this" damp hair. apply #1, let it sit. apply #2 over it and let that sit. wash out with shampoo then dc.

I read on how Olaplex should be used on hair that isn't coated, so I will shampoo product out first. Then I will towel dry my hair a bit so it's not soaking wet when I apply step 1. I use an applicator bottle and saturate my hair. I let step 1 sit for 10 minutes. Then apply step 2 on top of the step 1. I work that in, let it sit for 20 minutes or so.

After that, I cowash my hair, followed by a deep conditioning for 30 + minutes. Once that's all done, I add leave-ins and style.

Hope that's helpful

Edit to add....

If I need protein, I do it after cowashing, then proceed to a moisturizing DC

abcd09

I read on how Olaplex should be used on hair that isn't coated, so I will shampoo product out first. Then I will towel dry my hair a bit so it's not soaking wet when I apply step 1. I use an applicator bottle and saturate my hair. I let step 1 sit for 10 minutes. Then apply step 2 on top of the step 1. I work that in, let it sit for 20 minutes or so.

After that, I cowash my hair, followed by a deep conditioning for 30 + minutes. Once that's all done, I add leave-ins and style.

Hope that's helpful

Edit to add....

If I need protein, I do it after cowashing, then proceed to a moisturizing DC
thank you! that makes sense. i will try that tomorrow.

this is going to add another 1.5 hours to my already loooong wash day. I'm not looking forward to that! hopefully it turns out well and i reduce or eliminate my heat damage (and will continue to be able to use heat weekly)

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I bought the single use kit and the NO. 3 perfector this week. I color my hair every 3 months. Hopefully this will help minimize the damage and help my retention.
Please let us know how this works for you. I really, really want to straighten my hair occasionally but I don't want any heat damage. If this product keeps hair in tiptop shape then I'm in!

abcd09

update: i have the olaplex on my hair right now. i wonder if this is pretty close to a protein? i have about 4 inches of 4bc hair and then 7 inches of straight relaxed hair- on one chunk my relaxed hair is tangling, like interlocking like velcro similar to when i had protein overload but I think it's too early to blame the olaplex. I'm going to rinse this out in 40 mins. if it's tangly i may skip the protein treatment.

Last edited:

InBloom

In my new-growth
update: i have the olaplex on my hair right now. i wonder if this is pretty close to a protein? i have about 4 inches of 4bc hair and then 7 inches of straight relaxed hair- on one chunk my relaxed hair is tangling, like interlocking like velcro similar to when i had protein overload but I think it's too early to blame the olaplex. I'm going to rinse this out in 40 mins. if it's tangly i may skip the protein treatment.

Olaplex is not a protein treatment

abcd09

Olaplex is not a protein treatment
I understand, it's weird because my hair is reacting to it like it did Aphogee 2 step.

I went ahead and did a protein, mainly because my hair is snapping like crazy. i can't blame it on olaplex because i am nearly 1 year post my last relaxer, but I didn't get that silky feeling when I washed it out as others say that felt. The only thing i can compare it to is like washing out a hard protein.

Maybe i did it wrong- applied too much step 1.

disclaimer- i wouldn't discourage anyone from this, but if you are tangle prone and are transitioning or stretching, be careful.

abcd09

Final result:

I believe olaplex made my natural roots curl to their natural state, which probably means it helped the bonds. The problem I had was with my contrasting textures, and the fact that my ends are very tangle prone no matter what, so being this far along adds the tangles. Im unsure if olaplex contributed to it, but my guess would be not that much. If you have fine hair that tangles and are stretching your relaxer, do so with caution.

I did wind up doing protein (Komaza protein strengthener). I love that product because it's like it helps get rid of tangles. i left my protein on for 20 mins, no heat.

After my dc routine, my hair was soft. It came out feeling soft and somewhat stronger. I can see with repeated use that it can help with the strength of my hair. if you don't use direct heat, i think you'd see more gradual benefits than I will. I kind of want to try olaplex on top of my prepoo instead of on shampooed hair.

I would recommend.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Ok @faithVA, et.al. since I am PJ Extraordinare I had to have some of this magic...NOW! I got my hands on some #3 via a licensed Cosmotologist. I had to use it...tonight. I don't color so I don't think I need 1 or 2. I'm steaming now with some NG HB following #3 for 30 minutes. I'll be back with final results but my first I pression is positive. I was able to comb the product through my fine 4abc hair and maybe found 10 hairs or pieces of hair in the comb which is amazing. My hair didn't feel tangly even after the shampoo. I plan on straightening and trimming for my starting lengthcheck for 2016 so I'm hoping to stave off any damage that might happen as a result of that process. I plan on a once weekly regimen.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Ok @faithVA, et.al. since I am PJ Extraordinare I had to have some of this magic...NOW! I got my hands on some #3 via a licensed Cosmotologist. I had to use it...tonight. I don't color so I don't think I need 1 or 2. I'm steaming now with some NG HB following #3 for 30 minutes. I'll be back with final results but my first I pression is positive. I was able to comb the product through my fine 4abc hair and maybe found 10 hairs or pieces of hair in the comb which is amazing. My hair didn't feel tangly even after the shampoo. I plan on straightening and trimming for my starting lengthcheck for 2016 so I'm hoping to stave off any damage that might happen as a result of that process. I plan on a once weekly regimen.
Update: This is my comb after rinsing my DC and detangling to air dry...no additional product!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    804.5 KB · Views: 83