OLAPLEX: Hair Game Changer?

faithVA

I got my standalone treatment over the weekend. I want to do it but I have to make sure I pick a day that gives me enough time.

I'm concerned that with step 1 that there is no way that 3 oz of water is going to saturate my hair. I don't think 3 oz of water will saturate the front.

Maybe I will do no. 3 this week and save steps 1 and 2 for later.

abcd09

I got my standalone treatment over the weekend. I want to do it but I have to make sure I pick a day that gives me enough time.

I'm concerned that with step 1 that there is no way that 3 oz of water is going to saturate my hair. I don't think 3 oz of water will saturate the front.

Maybe I will do no. 3 this week and save steps 1 and 2 for later.
I didn't mix my step one with water!!! Maybe that's why I had the issues I had. I used too much and didn't mix with water. Dang.

Can you do #3 without doing 1 and 2 frist? I thought #3 compliments what #1 and #2 do?

abcd09

my kit did not come with #3, I wish it did. I wonder if it is gentler than 1 and 2. I'll order #3 next payday, my plans for next time are to damp my hair, apply diluted one and two, then shampoo. no shampooing before application. I want to leave 1 and 2 on overnight, then do a long protein tx in the morning after rinsing.

eta: no overnight txs for me. maybe just an hour.

Last edited:

VinDieselsWifey

I didn't mix my step one with water!!! Maybe that's why I had the issues I had. I used too much and didn't mix with water. Dang.

Can you do #3 without doing 1 and 2 frist? I thought #3 compliments what #1 and #2 do?

Yeah you're supposed to mix 15 mL of step 1 with 3 oz of water
I used step 3 before I bought steps 1 & 2 to see if the product would even work for me.

faithVA

I've decided to do 1 and 2 on Wednesday. I will shampoo after and do a protein treatment. I will follow that with an overnight carmeltini treatment.

Maybe I can get some cooking down in the middle of all of that.

Cattypus1

All loced up...

I only have #3. I think I read up-thread that each step contains the same active ingredient just at a lesser percentage.

Atthatday

Every knee shall bow...
I've decided to do 1 and 2 on Wednesday. I will shampoo after and do a protein treatment. I will follow that with an overnight carmeltini treatment.

Maybe I can get some cooking down in the middle of all of that.

May I ask what is your "carmeltini treatment"?

faithVA

May I ask what is your "carmeltini treatment"?
The. Carmeltini treatment is a product I purchased from terraveda organix. It's a mix of banana puree, honey, olive oil and other moisturizing natural products. Just started using it but its in my regimen this month.

luckiestdestiny

Hello Ladies:

Olaplex is the BEST! I purchased the kit and #3, from a recognized beauty supplier, so it should be legit. I used #1 & #2 as a Stand Alone treatment on week 1, & used #3 on week 2. I didn't use it on week 3. It stopped major breaking and shedding!! My hair is still VERY dry. My regimen is constantly a WIP, as I wait on my Black Friday/Cyber Monday hair purchases, namely Qhemet Biologics.

If it was invented earlier, maybe it could have saved us from a many of headaches. I will continue to use this for EVERY chemical service, and use #3 at least once a month.

Side note: a stylist bleached my relaxed hair and my over processed hair has always/is dry.
Who is the recognized beauty supplier. SPILL it!

faithVA

I did 1 & 2 tonight. I probably had #2 in for 2 hours while talking on the phone. I have Terraveda Organix Carmeltini in now doing and overnight conditioning. I will see if I notice any difference tomorrow. I didn't notice any difference when I rinsed. Even if I don't notice any difference, I will use up all of my #3 before deciding whether to repurchase. I know permanent color is impacting my hair so it is definitely worth pursuing to see if I can get healthier hair.