OLAPLEX: Hair Game Changer?

miss_a

LADIES of LHCF:

Stumbled upon this stylist's IG page, http://instagram.com/p/x-jTo5mADy/?modal=true , and she posted that Olaplex is a game changer for hair.

Did some quick research http://www.olaplex.com/ , and this product is claiming that you can color and I'm assuming relax, without damaging the integrity of the hair.

Ladies, this board is always on that new-new, has anyone tried this product? I am thinking someone on the West Coast may be familiar....

~A.

tomnikids3

My interest is peaked. Would be interested in seeing how it works on AA hair.

I see its $65 for the travel kit which contains 1 Olaplex Bond Multiplier 100ml an
2 Olaplex Bond Perfectors 100ml good for at least 15 applications. I need to do a little more research but so far read some good reviews.

Last edited:

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Of course my pj self has this lol. I bought the Hair Perfector though. I bought it sometime last year but I've never used it. I'm relaxed and before I purchased it I sent an email asking if it was good for African American hair, particularly relaxed hair and I was informed that it's good at preventing damage.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos

miss_a

Ladies, I adore you...! I am trying to figure out if this can be added to relaxers...? Used before relaxers or after relaxers....?

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Hmmm good question. I know the Hair Perfector is a pre-treatment so if anything perhaps it can be used before a relaxer. When I get around to using it I'll give a review. I have soooooo many products at this point that I have to use up lol.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos

southerncitygirl

when i was relaxed affirm fiberguard gave me what i needed and i had multidimensional color with highlights plus a relaxer with no damage (or should i say breakage because chemical processes and even excessive heat can break/arrange the bonds in hair and one could technically call that damage/damaging).... a pretreatment is interesting though. if i color i will look into this since I'm natural and its for a variety of hair types and chemical services.

Last edited:

InBloom

In my new-growth
i just bought No.3 from cosmoprof for $15. They had the 3 step kit for $65. My hair has been shedding badly lately and I've done various protein treatments but i think my hair needs something else. Hopefully this will strengthen my hair.

How did the Olaplex work out for you?

I just purchased the travel kit, steps 1 & 2. I plan to use as a stand alone treatment and see how that goes.

VinDieselsWifey

How did the Olaplex work out for you?

I just purchased the travel kit, steps 1 & 2. I plan to use as a stand alone treatment and see how that goes.

After washing the product out my hair felt like silk. I don't know if my hair has ever felt that soft after using a shampoo. Then I deep conditioned with AO Honeysuckle Rose but it didn't feel that great after. I normally doctor that conditioner up with aloe Vera juice, honey, & oils but I was tired and just used it straight.

I will try again using a different deep conditioner. I think my hair needs multiple treatments to get better results. I'm gonna buy step 1 & try that since it's probably stronger than step 3.

JerriBlank

I got mine from a salon in texas, I think. Bought it off Bonanza. $24, and they were all sealed. It is on my hair right now. I bought it because half of my head has heat damage, and I read that Olaplex can help to restructure the bonds, or create a fake bond that makes the hair appear to be healed. Not sure to the science behind it. I will say that the heat damaged side shrunk back up like the normal side after step 1 was applied.
Also, Steps 2 & 3 have the exact same ingredient list on mine. I was on Makeup Alley, and also saw a stylist review that stated that Step 3 was just Step 2 to take home.
I'll post another update after I rinse and let it dry, but I think that this is something that I want to use for a few months to see the full effects. It's definitely not a deep conditioner, so I don't want to treat it like one.

JerriBlank

Ohhh my gawwddd, yall, I'm buying the big bottles! !! My hair felt like freshly bc'd hair! It feels soo healthy again, like hair that I can grow! I could count the shed hairs in my hands, and that says a lot as I just took braids down two days ago. They were in for 6 weeks.
My hair felt soft and strong, but those ends, omgggg!!! They are smooth,and they curl up like healthy hair, no poof! It makes me feel like I can make progress with this hair.
Remember, it is not a dc. I did not want to shampoo, but I wanted to follow directions, so I did. Applied my dc, and it went on smoothly, and my ends have no tangles!!! Yall don't understand what I've been dealing with! Lol. I have brassy blonde on the lower half of my hair, and it just feels so good!
I want to do biweekly treatments for 6 months, at least, so I'm buying the bigger sizes. I hope that I can get even better results with consistent use.

VinDieselsWifey

Do you know if I can buy it as a Cosmo student?

If you take a signed letter with the letterhead from your school to Cosmoprof showing that you're a Cosmo student you can get a student card from them. I think it depends on how many hours you have completed on what you can buy but that might just be for certain chemicals. I think you can buy just about anything in there though.

Last edited:

InBloom

In my new-growth
I've used Olaplex 3 times so far. I've cut the Step 1 in half because it seemed I was wasting product by not doing so. I'm noticing much less shed, and minimal breakage. It's going to be in my regimen for as long as I'm able to purchase. I plan to do steps 1 & 2 weekly for about 2 months, then drop to biweekly for a few rotations. I plan to eventually use just once per month. I'm so pleased.

VinDieselsWifey

I used steps 1 & 2 last week when I took out my braids. The recommend 3 oz of water & 15 mL of step 1 was enough for my whole head. I let it sit for about 15 mins then put step 2 over it & let that sit about 30-45 mins then washed my hair.

My hair felt stronger & I didn't lose as much hair when I detangled. I have been losing a ton of hair on wash day. I deep conditioned & rollerset & flat ironed. My hair felt awesome & so soft.

I will be doing a keratin treatment next week. I'm trying to grow out my relaxer & switch to keratin treatments. I have 6 months of new growth and I dread wash day. Hopefully the keratin treatment will ease the line of demarcation because I plan to transition for about 2-3 years then big chop.

I saw a video on the Olaplex channel where they used steps 1 & 2 before the keratin treatment and the hair turned out great. That's what I plan to do also

Tchanelle

I've used this in conjunction with the Great Hair reconstructing foam...I'm a fine 4a natural. With the 1st treatment my hair was smoother & did not puff up as much in humidity. After the 3rd treatment with both...you would think I have a relaxer when I get my hair silkened out. It blow dries easily which I love since I'm very tender headed...my hair is also stronger. I also got my stylist (Sharon-Salon Balisi) to put Olaplex on a u part wig she highlighted for me...the hair is strong and the blond highlights did not damage the hair.

ETA: My hair is highlighted with several different shades of blonde