OLAPLEX: Hair Game Changer?

Aggie

My cousin was just recommending the 4-in-1 today, saying it left her hair feeling very soft. She was annoyed because her stash is getting low and she hasn't been able to find another bottle online for a while, and hoped it wasn't discontinued.
It is not discontinued. I can find it on a professional beauty site but you need a beauty license to get it. I have one so I can get it. Also, here in the Bahamas, we already carry them at our wholesale beauty locations so I can find them here as well.

GGsKin

It is not discontinued. I can find it on a professional beauty site but you need a beauty license to get it. I have one so I can get it. Also, here in the Bahamas, we already carry them at our wholesale beauty locations so I can find them here as well.
Where we are, you didn't need a licence for the 4-in-1. We suspect changes in EU regulations on ingredients could be what have effected availability.

Aggie

Where we are, you didn't need a license for the 4-in-1. We suspect changes in EU regulations on ingredients could be what have effected availability.
Oh dear. So many things are changing with obtaining products even for me as an Esthetician. I am a client of PCASkin, did the course and everything, but they no longer accept international credit cards online. I have to literally call my orders in now which I am not comfortable doing. They are the only ones I've found that has a full line of self-neutralizing peels that I use on my clients and myself. But I love the products so I remain a client of theirs and simply deal with the inconvenience. It's a real drag.

LushLox

Where we are, you didn't need a licence for the 4-in-1. We suspect changes in EU regulations on ingredients could be what have effected availability.

Really? It doesn't seem to be available to buy on UK's Olaplex site or any of the usual online retailers. Where did you see it for sale.

GGsKin

Really? It doesn't seem to be available to buy on UK's Olaplex site or any of the usual online retailers. Where did you see it for sale.
She's picked it up before on Cult, but she hasn't been able to see any for a while. I just broke the news to her why it might no longer be available. She's not happy.

Aggie

They had the 4n1 mask on walmart............:curtain:
I don't shop at Walmart anymore and haven't in over a year now. They've gotten ridiculous with a lot of their prices plus they seem to sell quite a bit of subpar products now as well. Maybe coming in from China I suspect. I prefer American made products - they always have far better quality in my honest opinion based on my shopping experiences.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I tried the 4n1 last night. After rinsing my AG Boost conditioner out, I added it to my hair and finger detangled . It wasnt super amazing going on or anything. I was in the shower and while I washed up I left it in. After around 10 minutes I rinsed it out. My hair felt buttery soft compared to when I was adding it.

The next time I try it, I will steam it in to see if theres a big difference.

Aggie

Olaplex is releasing a clarifying shampoo No.4C soon
Interesting. I might be getting that when it's offered.

Soooo, I caught a sale on Cosmoprofbeauty.com. Buy the small 3 professional trio and get the 4 in 1 Moisture Treatment for free. I bought 2 and got 3 treatments free (I put an extra one in there to pay for it but their system gave me them all free :bdance:). Sale was over 2 days ago.

I also bought both the 8oz and a liter bottle of the number 4 shampoo, 67.9 oz of the number 5 conditioner, and a bottle of the number 7 Bonding Oil. I was about to purchase number 6 but I can get a good price on that one right here locally.

weavepat

Soooo, I caught a sale on Cosmoprofbeauty.com. Buy the small 3 professional trio and get the 4 in 1 Moisture Treatment for free. I bought 2 and got 3 treatments free (I put an extra one in there to pay for it but their system gave me them all free :bdance:). Sale was over 2 days ago.

I also bought both the 8oz and a liter bottle of the number 4 shampoo, 67.9 oz of the number 5 conditioner, and a bottle of the number 7 Bonding Oil. I was about to purchase number 6 but I can get a good price on that one right here locally.
1_Irqbz57ypBnuGTuqmbkBXw.jpeg
Congrats on catching such a great sale!

Aggie

Olaplex #4C Clarifying Shampoo was released today and I bought the liter sized bottle and it will be my back up clarifying poo. I also bought 2 bottles of the #9 Hair Serum. I can't wait to try these 2. You ladies know I had to get that clarifying poo before it all got sold out. I was waiting for the notification and got it this afternoon. :woot: :woot:

demlew

That was a super good sale. I'm hurt I missed it.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
If the 4n1 was around $40-50 I would buy it again.

used it again today but on top of another conditioner. When I added the 4n1 my soft hair laid down even further and felt like butter. Left them both in for 10 minutes and then brushed my hair until I could finger detangle with no hair catching.

Last edited:

demlew

If the 4n1 was around $40-50 I would buy it again.

used it again today but on top of another conditioner. When I added the 4n1 my soft hair laid down even further and felt like butter. Left them both in for 10 minutes and then brushed my hair until I could finger detangle with no hair catching.
I don’t see it for sale or listed on the Olaplex site in the large size. I hope it’s not discontinued.

demlew

I think its a on the professional side @demlew
Thanks, but it’s the craziest thing because I’ve ordered it from CosmoProf. I can see it before I log in, but it disappears once I log into my account - as though it’s not available for my area or something (I’m in Texas). Luckily I have over half a bottle so I won’t need to call or figure this out for awhile.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Has anyone tried Olaplex as a pre poo? I have a huge bottle of No. 2 just sitting there and im too lazy to do a proper dc these days. I cant seem to find a way to add it to my regimen. I prefer Redken's Acidic bonding treatment because its a pre poo.

demlew

Has anyone tried Olaplex as a pre poo? I have a huge bottle of No. 2 just sitting there and im too lazy to do a proper dc these days. I cant seem to find a way to add it to my regimen. I prefer Redken's Acidic bonding treatment because its a pre poo.
#2 is the salon version of #3, so I’ve used it as a pre-poo. I don’t know if there’s a strength difference, so I didn’t leave it overnight like I’ve done with #3.