Olaplex Users

gemruby41

Does anyone use Olaplex No 3 weekly? I was wondering if it’s too much to use it once a week. I’ve heard that it can make your dry. My hair is relaxed, and I use direct heat once a week.

demlew

Does anyone use Olaplex No 3 weekly? I was wondering if it’s too much to use it once a week. I’ve heard that it can make your dry. My hair is relaxed, and I use direct heat once a week.
I agree with @Plushottie . For me, once or twice a month is enough because I’m also relaxed so technically it’s “damaged” due to broken bonds, etc. However, my hair is fairly healthy so it doesn’t need frequent restorative/repair-type treatments. Just maintenance.

Ayesha81

I tried the shampoo and conditioner for the first time yesterday after a relaxer. Other than that my hair is normal healthy and anything "restorative and strenghtening" does the opposite and breaks my hair.

demlew

*Will be watching this thread*:detective:

Question: Are you all using 0 & 3 together or just #3? @demlew @Plushottie @gemruby41

I was going to use them together.

I use #0/#3 to coat my hair on relaxer day and then again during my first post-relaxer wash day. Otherwise, I use only #3 for a standard wash day or if I've neglected my hair during the week (it's my boo lol).

demlew

I tried the shampoo and conditioner for the first time yesterday after a relaxer. Other than that my hair is normal healthy and anything "restorative and strenghtening" does the opposite and breaks my hair.
I love the shampoo. I'm meh on the #5 conditioner, but I really like #8.

I wonder if your hair is protein/keratin-sensitive like mine. I have to space out my usage on those and I stay away from hard proteins like Aphogee Reconstructor. My hair turns brittle - even after a moisturizing conditioner follow-up.

GGsKin

I picked up #8 (will try it tomorrow) and I also got #5 to try *cough* :nono:

@Aggie @Bette Davis Eyes Please give me your Updates/Opinions:look:
@IDareT'sHair I've used the No. 5 conditioner, but I don't use it often because it's just ok, to me. I feel like there are less expensive conditioners that work just as well, or even better.

ETA: the product i was talking about, duh lol

Last edited:

DVAntDany

I tried doing it weekly. I was going through too much of the product. I never noticed any dryness but I'm not chemically treated. It only repairs disulfide sulfur bonds. Only damaged hair needs to use it often. You and a stylist are the only ones who can determine your level of damage.

I've switched to using it on my ends and a little bit of the midshaft every month or two months. I'm doing it strictly for insurance. I'm pretty sure I can get away with not using it at all.

I would suggest to use it once. Afterwards, observe your hair. Look for improvements. Then see how many washes it takes for the improvements to fade. This way you can customize your schedule for you.

Aggie

I picked up #8 (will try it tomorrow) and I also got #5 to try *cough* :nono:

@Aggie @Bette Davis Eyes Please give me your Updates/Opinions:look:
I don't have the retail #8 but I do have the 4 in 1 which is the same product. I absolutely love this mask. It is truly amazing and offers a very nice slip as well.

The #5 however is simply a rinse out conditioner that I believe is a balancing conditioner. It is certainly not very moisturizing, nor does it offer any slip whatsoever.

It does however, do exactly what it is supposed to do and that is to mildly soften my hair after shampooing. Do not expect to be able to detangle your hair using #5. You can detangle with the #8 though if you wish.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
The #5 however is simply a rinse out conditioner that I believe is a balancing conditioner. It is certainly not very moisturizing, nor does it offer any slip whatsoever.

It does however, do exactly what it is supposed to do and that is to mildly soften my hair after shampooing. Do not expect to be able to detangle your hair using #5. You can detangle with the #8 though if you wish
@Aggie
Gurl....I wish I wouldn't have purchased 5:ohwell:....:perplexed:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I understand how you feel although I don't hate #5. I believe it helps with bonding any stressed areas of my hair.
@Aggie
Didn't end up using it today, but may use it next week as a R/O. Thank you for this answer. :up:

So, maybe it will help with this area as well.

I did reup on #8 though:love: And I want #9 (Serum). You know we love our Serums!:drool: (and Drops)

demlew

@Aggie
Didn't end up using it today, but may use it next week as a R/O. Thank you for this answer. :up:

So, maybe it will help with this area as well.

I did reup on #8 though:love: And I want #9 (Serum). You know we love our Serums!:drool: (and Drops)
ITA with Aggie. The 4n1 is repurchase, but not #5. Now that I think about it, I think #5 is the only one that I wouldn’t buy again. Well…it’s not looking good for #9 lol. But I need to use it a few more times.

demlew

@demlew
Don't tell me that about #9. :nono: What didn't you like about it Sis?
It might be just me. I have relaxed hair that I don’t air dry, but reading the bottle, I probably expected too much from it lol. It says you can blow-dry with it, but the results were meh compared to #7 (a definite rebuy). So it’s not that it’s bad, they just have another product that’s better for how I’d use it.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
It might be just me. I have relaxed hair that I don’t air dry, but reading the bottle, I probably expected too much from it lol. It says you can blow-dry with it, but the results were meh compared to #7 (a definite rebuy). So it’s not that it’s bad, they just have another product that’s better for how I’d use it.
@demlew
Thank you for your review. :goodpost:

Lemme look at #7 and see what it does.

ETA: Oh, the "Bonding Oil" I looked at this before. How long have you had the 1 oz. And how many drops do you use?

Aggie

@IDareT'sHair

I am natural and I love both #7 Bonding Oil (which I have used after applying my styling products for added shine) and #9, the Nourishing Serum. The serum softens my hair for air drying - I have not used any of them for straightening.

demlew

@demlew
Thank you for your review. :goodpost:

Lemme look at #7 and see what it does.

ETA: Oh, the "Bonding Oil" I looked at this before. How long have you had the 1 oz. And how many drops do you use?
Like Aggie said, you only need a few drops, so one bottle lasts for a while. I’m not sure how long I’ve had it, but I also add several drops to my homemade leave-in spray. I also use #7 when I flat iron. It’s awesome for that.