Old Skool Hot Oil Treatments...

LocksOfLuV

I am not talking about oils either. I am talking about hot oil treatments such as Queen Helene, V05, TCB, Pink Oil etc, that usually don't have a drop of oils in them. :lol: Such as these:

When I was young my mom used to use those.:lol: That's why I called them "old skool." Plus I hardly see them mentioned here.

I found a box of V05 hot oil treatments at the dollar store and it worked like no one's business. I used it before shampooing. Right now I am using TCB's and it is decent.

What are your favorite, hot oil treatments (no oils, I am talking about treatments that are marketed as hot oil treatments)? How do you use yours?

gymfreak336

I would use the pink oil self heating one or queen helene hot oil treatment on wet hair. I would leave it on for about 15-20minutes, rinse, shampoo and condition. I think some one here mixes the queen helene hot oil into the cholesterol for a deep conditioning treatment.

ravenmerlita

Real old skool! I remember using the V05 one way way back. And I think it worked pretty well too. Thanks for the reminder.

LocksOfLuV

gymfreak336 said:
I would use the pink oil self heating one or queen helene hot oil treatment on wet hair. I would leave it on for about 15-20minutes, rinse, shampoo and condition. I think some one here mixes the queen helene hot oil into the cholesterol for a deep conditioning treatment.

I was thinking of doing that too, only as a prepoo. I need to use up what I have first.:look:

LocksOfLuV

ravenmerlita said:
Real old skool! I remember using the V05 one way way back. And I think it worked pretty well too. Thanks for the reminder.

V05 (the moisturizing one) works VERY good on my hair. And I found a box of 3 tubes at the dollar store. Good stuff :yep:.

HoneyDew

I recently tried the v05 one. I read about it in a magazine. I have never been into hot oil treatments and I am not sure what it did for me, but I liked that it had protein in it. I needed some protein badly and thought that would be a nice start. Two of them were in the pack and I look forward to using the next one.

Last edited:

LocksOfLuV

HoneyDew said:
I recently tried the v05 one. I read about it in a magazine. I have never been into hot oil treatments and I am not sure what it did for me, but I liked that it had protein in it. I needed some protein badly and thought that would be a nice start. Two of them were in the pack and I look forward to using the next one.

Let us know how it goes. I really enjoyed the V05.

krissyprissy

I have some Queen Helen under the sink. I use to use it all the time before LHCF. Now I only use it sometimes.

LocksOfLuV

krissyprissy said:
I have some Queen Helen under the sink. I use to use it all the time before LHCF. Now I only use it sometimes.

Your hair is growing girl! I love the new pic.

You got me about to pick up some Queen Helenes!

Dare~to~Dream

I used the TCB hot oil treatment back in the day (in the little small tube) and I remember it worked pretty well on my hair too. I used it after washing and conditioning then I rinsed the oil off (basically I followed the instructions on the back of the label). I only discovered "hot oil treatments" being done before shampooing after joining hair message boards...hmm this thread is bringing back nostalgia and I may revisit the TCB hot oil that I loved to use. :scratchch

I use the new era hot oil treatment, and I love it! It heats up when it comes in contact with water and feels really good on my hair. I use it ever other wash, I apply it over my conditioner! It leaves my hair so soft.

Last edited:

Proudpiscean

Lanelle said:
I used the TCB hot oil treatment back in the day (in the little small tube) and I remember it worked pretty well on my hair too. I used it after washing and conditioning then I rinsed the oil off (basically I followed the instructions on the back of the label). I only discovered "hot oil treatments" being done before shampooing after joining hair message boards...hmm this thread is bringing back nostalgia and I may revisit the TCB hot oil that I loved to use. :scratchch

I used it this way too and my hair didn't like it.....it dried my hair out over time. :nono:

It may be great as a pre-poo though :scratchch

LocksOfLuV

amr501 said:
I used it this way too and my hair didn't like it.....it dried my hair out over time. :nono:

The TCB treatment isn't all of that for my hair either. It's too watery and it doesn't make a difference. I am just trying to use it up.

Dare~to~Dream

amr501 said:

Hmm...the picture of the box looks different...maybe the formula changed? I used that stuff YEARS ago (only once a month though)...I remember using the ones in the small tube but this looks like a bigger bottle. It probably no longer works for my hair either. I'll tell you what I didn't like: Aphogee's hot oil treatment. It was the only *prepared* hot oil treatment I used *after* finding the message boards. For some reason, I thought I would try it out. It kind of lathered in my hair like a mild soap or shampoo and my hair felt a little "hard" after rinsing it out.

Last edited:

winterinatl

All natural!
I enjoy Queen Helen's Jojoba hot oil treatment. I like it a lot, but never use it because i have so many other conditioners.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
What is it with these treatments not having any oil in it? What a crock. I used a Suave one back in the day and my hair was like straw. My hair has never been that dry in my life! I cant believe they still sell that crud.

LocksOfLuV

Pokahontas said:
What is it with these treatments not having any oil in it? What a crock. I used a Suave one back in the day and my hair was like straw. My hair has never been that dry in my life! I cant believe they still sell that crud.

I didn't know Suave has a hot oil treatment?

I find that even tho these treatments don't have oil in them, they have good ingredients and are very effective and doesn't leave the hair greasy. Off to check out Suave's....

bLackButtaFly

I used to love the V05, and queen Helene's. I used one as a prepoo b4 putting my hair in twists, and I fell back in love.

LocksOfLuV

bLackButtaFly said:
I used to love the V05, and queen Helene's. I used one as a prepoo b4 putting my hair in twists, and I fell back in love.

Aww I am getting excited to try the Queen Helene's.:D

imstush

I use Queen Helene, my mom used to use it when I was younger. I put it on after I shampoo, plastic cap, towel and let it sit for 15-20 minutes then I rinse it off with cold water.

miracle

I think my mother used to use VO5 Hot Oil on my hair "back in the day". :lol: :lol: Currently, I'm using Black n' Sassy Self Heating Hot Oil. Not a drop of oil that I can see in the ingredient list. It does have Vitamin E, though. Does that count? :D :lol:

tia123

VO5 is really good!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to buy it year agoe. I think the old ones are not used as much because everyone is busy experimenting with natural oils such as Olive Oil, Coconut Oil etc.

BklynHeart

My mom used to use VO5 on my hair, wasn't too bad. Then she switched to L'Oreal Oleocap. It was the best!

Much2much41

I still use the LeKair Self Heating oil. I ran out a little while ago, but I plan on using it again. It worked well for me