OMG- A Steam Cap that makes ANY rollers work like Carusos!

Synthia

This steam cap actually releases steam that can set dry hair in 3 minutes.

Although, I'd use it for steam conditioning as well. It's $50. :eek:

I think I'll be a guinea pig and try it. Now I don't have to save for a steam dryer for steam treatments!!

Here's an article about it. Just think of the possibilities, we can sleep on silk cases then get up, roll, microwave cap, put it on for 3 mintues and dash! :).

I could see myself loving this even more than Caruso.
I was googling to find heat cap info for another thread and discovered this! :http://www.heatcap.com/

Article: http://magazines.ivillage.com/goodhousekeeping/hb/health/articles/0,12873,284598_424874,00.html

A New, Healthier Way to Curl Hair
Want a headful of locks without split ends? Do you spend restless nights sleeping on rollers? The new Microwaves Heat Cap may be your salvation.

Here's how it works: Just set your dry hair in rollers, heat the cap in the microwave for a minute or two and slip it over the rollers for about three minutes. "Special hygroscopic material inside the cap releases moisture, so there's less damage to your hair than most hot rollers and curling irons," says the Good Housekeeping Institute chemistry director John Calindas, who tested the reusable product on five staffers. To find out if the Heat Cap is easier to use than a curling iron or hot rollers, women with various types of hair tried each product for two days. The result: More than half picked the Microwaves Heat Cap for comfort. "I'd use the cap over hot rollers any day," reported one tester. "With the curling iron, I have to cook my hair to achieve similar curls," said another. "And the cap is soft," replied a third. In another GHI test, hair swatches were curled using the same three devices, and then the ends were examined under a microscope for splitting. Our chemists found damaged ends on swatches curled with the iron and the rollers, but not with the Heat Cap. Added benefit: You may be able to catch up on some beauty sleep. One panelist with long hair preferred the cap to an iron because it cut her hairdo time in half! Healthy curled hair comes at a cost, however: $49.95, plus shipping and handling, at www.heatcap.com. Rollers are not included.

GlamourGirl

Wow Synthia..thanks for finding that. That's really cool. Now you've got me wanting one and Lord knows I don't need to buy anything else!!:grin: I might have to add this to my Christmas list though.

jrae

Ooh... sounds good. I never could get the Caruso's right. I always ended up with frizz. If you try them, please report back. ;)

nadine1977canada

Now the minute i saw this i thought of DLewis. Im sure she would like that.

I'm curious, how do you use it for deep conditionning?. you just put it on or put a towel and put that on?

thesweetone

Oh Cheese an' Bread!!! Why won't the PJ die already? The next two items on my list are the Jane Carter Solution Nourish and Shine, and her Scalp Renew treatment so this will have to wait until I've tried those two items. If any of you ladies purchases it before I do, PLEASE post your results.

TIA!

Synthia

nadine1977canada said:
Now the minute i saw this i thought of DLewis. Im sure she would like that.

I'm curious, how do you use it for deep conditionning?. you just put it on or put a towel and put that on?

I would just slather conditioner on and then put the heated cap on top. I'm pretty sure it can be washed since it's reusuable. That way the steam interacts directly with the hair and conditioner.

But who knows how reliable this company or product is. I'm going to order it this weekend and let you guys know what's up.

Keen said:
Wow, I ws just getting ready to buy a caruso... Now I'm torn.

I think I'd go with the Carusos until this product is proven. I mean it's nice and all that Good Housekeeping tested it with their staff but we need some girls testing it here.

So, I'll just act like I'm throwing $50 away on an autosurf :lol: and hope this works out. It seems promising.

I like my Caruso, I'm more interested in using this as a true steam cap.
But I would buy some giant rollers and use this cap for a really loose, straight-bodied set...

JazzyDez

sounds real interesting....so it works when you set your dry hair in rollers just before putting the cap on? if thats the case it will be a real time saver too.

jamaicanadian

I'm really interested in this product, but I hold off on bying till I see some reviews first...thanks for being our guinea pig Synthia ;)

sassygurl

I bought this Steam Cap about 10 months ago and i love it. I'm wearing more fall wigs so I haven't used it in a while but when I did use the Stam Cap the curls came out perfect. I use mainly for conditioning purposes now. HTH

dlewis

sassygurl said:
I bought this Steam Cap about 10 months ago and i love it. I'm wearing more fall wigs so I haven't used it in a while but when I did use the Stam Cap the curls came out perfect. I use mainly for conditioning purposes now. HTH

Is it worth the $50?

Naijaqueen

Ok ladies mine came in within 3days, I'll be using it tonight. Need a quick fixer upper to get my hair in ok shape for a wedding 2morrow! I'll let u ladies know ho it goes.

yodie

I second the request for updates on this steam cap. I just brought the Caruso from Sally's. If this works great, then I just might get this and take Caruso back.

WOW!! I can't wait to try this!! Sounds very interesting. Can you imagine doing a quick spiral set with this using flexi rods????

I am going to buy this now!! I will post an update as soon as I get it! I love my carusos and dont think I would give them up but this does give a nice variation to healthy curling.

Thanks for posting! Awesome find Synthia!!

yodie

Any of the ladies that requested this steam cap hear from Synthia or actually get it? Any feedback?

SerenityBreeze, did you order it today?

Nella

I sure would like to know how it works as this would be really good for me. Sometimes I just dont like drying overnight and I haven't found a hooded dryer nor one of the old fashioned 1960 GE Dryers.