OMG- A Steam Cap that makes ANY rollers work like Carusos!

tuffCOOKiE

RAESHAN,

I dont understand how you used them can you explain a little further?

You put on the small roller or the flexi's and then the steam cap?

yodie

tuffCOOKiE said:
RAESHAN,

I dont understand how you used them can you explain a little further?

You put on the small roller or the flexi's and then the steam cap?

Sure, no problem. I actually did it the way Serenity Breeze posted and I had a friend nearby just in case I came across difficulities. This was my very first time using flexirods. My hair was already dry.

1. I parted my head in the middle from back to front.

2. I then parted one of those halves, into a half. (When done, I'd have
four parts going from back to front).

3. Started at the bottom and took an inch section of my hair. Pulled the
hair straight out (this helps the rod get closer to the root), carefully
twisted the ends onto the rod and then begin to roll my hair onto the
rod as if it were a candy cane.

4. Continued this until I worked my way up to the front of my hair.

5. A finished product gave me four rows from back to front, with about 6
rods in each row.

6. I used ORS olive oil in the bottle to put on my ends.

7. Popped my steam cap in the microwave for 2 minutes. Let it sit on my
head for 3 minutes and I had a nice head of flexirods.

8. It's a quick fix and I decided to keep my cap.

I thought my curls were so cute that I decided to wear my curls instead of my wig last night.

Hopefully this helps. Sorry it's sooo long.

AudraChanell

Has anyone with hair that reverts easily tried this? I'm tempted to purchase, but my hair turns into a frizz ball with the slightest hint of moisture :(

AudraChanell

Has anyone with hair that reverts easily tried this? I'm tempted to purchase, but my hair turns into a frizz ball with the slightest hint of moisture :(

AudraChanell

JazzyDez

Hey I was wondering if anyone has done a simple wrap with hair that was slightly "bent" from a ponytail or something. Would the steam cap quickly give you a nice straight wrap?

anatomicallycorrect said:
I love y'all :D
Serenitybreeze, do9 the end papers on the end of your hair help the flexirod from unraveling? Is that the purpose of having them there?

Yes, I start the spiral with the end paper - like two turns of end paper only. On the third turn, my hair begins to twist. Then, I bend the top of the rod in the opposite direction the rod wants to unravel.

I also use end papers to avoid a frizzy end considering that it is steam that my hair is setting with. I do the same with Caruso steam rollers.

StLucianSweetie

So if I'm reading correctly, this seems to be a steam cap that great with setting flexi-rod curls rather than traditional roller sets?