OMG Becky Look @ her BUN!!

AuNaturalMaMa

Will a bun like this work on relaxed hair.

I only did a few buns while I was relaxed with tracked hair. Hopefully ladies who do buns with extensions will chime in and comment. I think it would depend on how you felt about the hair matching your hair.

sunnieb

Oh yeah, I love the title! I said it just like the beginning of the song:

Oh. My. God. Becky, look at her bun.
It is so big. *scoff* She looks like,
one of those rap guys' girlfriends.
But, you know, who understands those rap guys? *scoff*
They only talk to her, because,
she looks like a total prostitute, 'kay?
I mean, her bun, is just so big.
I can't believe it's just so round, it's like,
out there, I mean - gross. Look!
She's just so ... black!

I like big buns and I cannot lie.
You other brothers can't deny......

Ya'll know the rest....

LifeafterLHCF

Well OP you just did my hair for the next week.Im letting my hair dry since I did mine right after a wash.I know it will look better than my already made phony bun..so pretty like,

karezone

I am currently relaxed. I just made one using a yaki textured kanekelon bulk or braiding hair. It works like a dream. I am going to wear it to work tomorrow and hopefully the rest of the week.

kupenda

Ooo...I just got out of school. Looks like I've found something to do this week! So so pretty! I live buns! Especially biguns like that one :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

GraceV

I tried this "OMG-Becky" :giggle: bun today. It was so pretty. I used one pack of Expressions hair (bought it back home, usually one pack is enough for a whole lead of micros. It's straight and dense). It ended up being too heavy. I bought one pack of Kanekelon hair today-- much lighter and fluffier and twisted it up. It's ready for tomorrow's bun. Thanks OP!

GraceV

Will a bun like this work on relaxed hair.
Yep, if you can find bulk braiding hair that's straightish. Someone mentioned yaki-textured braiding hair. I used Expressions (I'm not sure if this is an American brand but many African braiders have this). It's pretty close to relaxed hair texture (a little too straight for my texlaxed hair). If you decide on this, you might want to try using half the pack. I used one pack and I could feel the weight tugging on my hair. Ended up with a headache.:spinning:

karezone

thanks I am the one that mentioned the yaki braiding hair and my bun looks beautiful. I used two packs of freetress

Last edited:

AuNaturalMaMa

Thanks for all the compliments ladies. I am loving this bun so much! I've worn it 3 times to date and everytime it looks a little different and looks great! I'm so glad it helped some of you guys!! Its really helping me with protecting my ends. Today, I did the baggy method under the bun. : D

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
that is soo cute!!
could I get some step by step instructions if you dont mind?? I hate watching videos for too long lol.

AuNaturalMaMa

^^Thanks!!
@AuNaturalMaMa, i got it. I just needed to understand how to attach the hair.

Fold the hair in half
Attach a band around the middle. You're going to loop it though (not like you would do a ponytail). Put the hair in the middle pull the band through itself.??
Then you will attach the loop around your bun/pony like you would regularly do a pony tail.

:ohwell::perplexed I tried.

GraceV

I'm rocking the OMG-Becky :giggle: bun and it's just beautiful. You're right about it looking different every time. I have one I tiwsted and another I braided. It's such an easy style, and it's appropriate for almost any setting. I like that I look like I spend a bit of time on my hair when I only spend a few minutes... and I look 'styled' LOL! My ends are going to love this!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Yep. I've been rocking my Becky Buns too. I made 3 (1 twisted, 1 mixed twist and a braid) too. So easy and elegant and STILL coming up with new looks.

Thanks SO much for this!

AuNaturalMaMa

Yall ladies needa post some pics if you can. Please. Especially if you've made other variations. I'd really love to see. Thanks!

GraceV

AuNaturalMaMa OK here's a quick pic taken during a break. This is my 3rd time trying the bun. I did this with a braid rather than a twist.

Attachments

• DSC00084.jpg
    DSC00084.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited: