OMG!!!! Help! *(kindof long)

G

I finally figured out what my natural hair is like! I usually straighten my hair every three months, Well 5 months ago I went to straighten my hair and couldnt find any new growth?? even through I had colored my hair 2 an a half months before, I could see where the black stopped an the brown began. The only thing was the black was NOT kinky or curly?? It was straight with a lil wave to it. So I figured I'd do some experimenting. It's 5 months later and my "roots" are about 3 and a half inches of straight SLIGHTY wavy hair??? I had never been more confused in my life. So confused I immediatly went on the phone and called my mother to ask her about my childhood hair. Her exact words were :

" oh hun you know you dont have nigg#r hair, you've always had good hair"

I cant beleive she said that /images/graemlins/mad.gif But it hurt me because I guess I've also always thought anyone of black decent couldnt have hair like that unless they had white in them... I;m over that now. Then she went on to say that I was wasting my time trying to persaude her and the rest of the family (relatives) that black hair can grow long because I have asian ancestry and as soon as I mention that my long locks will make sense to them. Unfortunatly I knew she was right about that part. I asked why she even straightened my hair in the first place and she told me it was because that what she was taught to do but that my hair was really striahgt/wavy and didnt need it.

After getting off the phone with my mother I spent hours in the mirror looking at my roots in both shock abd admiration, and puzzled that I've never noticed them before, usually because I straighten my hair at the first site of curl, just out of habit. But now I'm thinking I want to go back to my "roots" which I figure looks like 3B/C but my hair lenght is underarm lenght right now.

So i guess my question is how do I go from relaxed to 3B/C natural with out cutting off all my lenght.

Can I still keep my lenght?? B ecause my natural hair and straightened hair isnt that much different in texture???. Help! I'm so confused right now!! lol

Well this is my opinion, you can just keep up your regime, do some extra deep conditioning, and slowy trimm a little form thebottom of ends on a regular schedule your hair will stay about the same length, but I wouldn't chop it all off right now, just let it grow and see how it works out you may be able to transition that way. Some other people ont he board have transitioned that way with varying types of hair sos it's not impossible to keep your length. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Lucia said:
Well this is my opinion, you can just keep up your regime, do some extra deep conditioning, and slowy trimm a little form thebottom of ends on a regular schedule your hair will stay about the same length, but I wouldn't chop it all off right now, just let it grow and see how it works out you may be able to transition that way. Some other people ont he board have transitioned that way with varying types of hair sos it's not impossible to keep your length. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

true

Hey Emmy, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

You shouldn't have to cut your hair since your natural texture isn't too different from your relaxed hair texture. I'm with Lucia just make sure to condition well and if you want, just cut 1/2 or 1/4 in. a month if your goal is to be totally natural.

Hope That Helps
K

P.S. Tell your mom it's unattractive to use the "N word"! /images/graemlins/naughty.gif I know you can't help how she thinks though.

Back