OMG i finally found the hair color i wanted

5thLMNT

I was reading through the keracare post and Eyvonne7131 God bless her posted a site that sold haircare products and i found that Jazzings had a color called bluest black...but from looking at the picture of the bottle i cant see a hair color guide like you would see on a box of color do you just pick these colors from their names? or is there somewhere on the bottle that shows how the color would look on different hair colors. I want to buy it but i want to see how it would look on the different shades of hair. clairol doesnt seem to recognize it as one of their products either lol /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Jaquai

hello i dont think its listed on clairols site because it is considered a professional product. ive used jazzings and it is good but i think that clairols other semipermanent color callled the Beautiful collection is better. it kinda has a nice smell and its not as runny as the jazzing. they have a color called jet black which has a blue/black base which im sure is the same as the jazzings shade. i just used this shade awhile ago i loved it. i just bought a different shade to use called wine brown but i may just stick with the black. i was watching an aaliyah video and looking at all her pretty black, shiny hair. anyways do you have a sally beauty supply near you because they have the hair color swatches there.
also try this website
http://www.store.yahoo.com/texasbeautysupplycom/haircolor.html

BlkMane

Go to Clairol's professional website: www.creativestudio.com.

If you sign up, you'll have access to all types of great info including color swatches of all Clairol haircolor brands (as well as Jazzing, I believe).

I think the site is for professionals, but I signed up and I'm only a kitchen chemist. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

5thLMNT

Hi Jaquai...r u sure lol, the other colors specify whether they have a base or not and the jet black doesnt mention having any kind of base to it. I'll be going to Sallys 2day (Saturday) hopefully i can find it there, the store is so small so i'll be lucky if i can find it *fingers crossed*, Yeah Aaliyah's hair was always banging /images/graemlins/smile.gif

thx Blkmane i signed up, and i found the color swatches and lots of other interesting stuff!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tracy

5thLMNT,

Cuidate mamita...Be careful! This color has a green base. On brown hair that means as it rinses down it has a greenish tint. And because Jazzing doesn't last as long you see it soon after application.

I try to steer people away from this level of black unless they want it for life. I understand the draw, but once you put it in - even as a rinse - it's VERY hard to remove if you desire a change. If you DO want it for life, (or are willing to endure an awkward grow out if you don't) I suggest you go with something a little longer lasting and something that will give you equal color density and shine with less running and without the Shrek effect....LOL!

I rinsed my hair black for years with a color from Bigen called "Oriental Black". Same blue-black effect minus the green base (or at least if it has one it never rinsed out with that green tint like Jazzing and even Sebastian's Orchid - did on my hair) and it lats about 6 weeks. It's a powder color that you mix with water and it should be done about two weeks post touch up if you are relaxed. And condition well. It's tricky to apply, so I suggest bringing it to a hairdresser to apply. I've done it myself, so if you are feeling adventurous you can certainly give it a go - but make sure you have all the right tools. If you're interested let me know and I'll give you a run down. I've gone on - as usual - too long already! LOL! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

5thLMNT

lol Tracy good thing i read this board when i wake up and again before i go to sleep lol...wow i definetely don't want the shrek effect no matter how much i'm looking for a dramatic color change lmao, i've seen the bigen in the store before so sure i'd like to know how to use it /images/graemlins/smile.gif thanks Tracy

Jaquai

hello yes im sure that the clairol beautiful collection shade in jet black has a blue/black base. i dont know about the jazzings shade that tracy was referring to.

5thLMNT

Okay thanks Jaquai i still haven't left for Sallys yet lmao...i'm still compiling my list of things to buy from there so i'll definetely check it out

rayne

5thLMNT, I used the Jazzings in the blue black color you are talking about. My hair is black at the top and med. brown at the bottom (a previous permanent color) and the rinse made it even all over. It was a nice rich black color. However, I would suggest either trying a different color or maybe going with a different brand because the jazzing only lasted for 2 shampoos with me. Actually, when I first applied it, you could still see the brown hairs, it had like a highlighted effect to it so it didn't look so bad. Like I said before, I would suggest going with a different brand or color unless you don't mind applying it frequently.

5thLMNT

Thanks Rayne /images/graemlins/smile.gif ...i bought the Beautiful Collection that Jaquai was recommending which i'll give a try