OMG! MS JADU YOUR HAIR!....

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Hi Ms. Jadu! :wave:

You are an inspiration to many. Thank you for being so willing to share your beauty and haircare secrets so freely and warmly. You're the sweetest! :kiss:

BTW, the broccoli seed and red raspberry seed oils are FABULOUS!!! :dance7: I also started on the Cellfood Silica and Cellfood Oxygen formulas. I'm also taking Cellfood Weight Loss (because I've gained some pounds ;)). And the biotin is fantastic. I'm using Puritan Pride's Super Biotin. I had just plucked hairs from my chin two weeks ago and they're back in full force!:lachen:

Thanks so much again!

Ms Jadu, you are beautiful inside and out! Remeber you are my Nikko's cousin from like 2005:lol:

Most definitely a long deserved shout out!

envybeauty

I am so glad someone started this thread. I have been admiring since the pics of the Florida meetup.

Just GAW-JUS! Loving your hair Missy!

dreamer26

When I saw her in person, I wanted to go and the the comb and brush and play in it but of course I restrained.

She has beautiful hair. Oh I long to have hair like Ms Jadu and so many more of you on this board.

GoldenBreeze

Ms Jadu, your hair is absolutely beautiful! What an inspiration for those of us who are natural.:) I'm am very much looking forward to viewing your fotki.

Do you care for the different textures with the same products, or use different products on the varying textures? I'm not having any problems with my hair at the moment, but if there is a better way to handle these different textures I would love to learn about it.

CurleeDST

Oh my goodness Ms Jadu. I didn't realize your hair was natural. It is beautiful!!!!!!

ms jadu said:
Thanks Ella. I am Natural 6 years and counting. I get my hair blown out by the Dominicans on "special" occasions.

That last perm from 2001 pretty much scared me away from relaxers permanently. I had a similar experience with getting my eye brows waxed, which has led me to natural ways of grooming.lol

CHECKMATE!

ms jadu said:
Thanks for the Shout out Patience :)

My hair was shoulder length when I started my journey back in 2001. My hair was about BSL before and I would relax about 2-3 a year. Around the time of my senior prom, I had received a perm from a very unexperienced stylist who washed the perm out with astringent before water. She also Straighten my hair with a curling iron while wet. So she basically tore my hair up and it completely stopped growing. It had fell to SL and bits and pieces of the middle crown area were very short.

I started looking on the internet for hair growth remedies when a came across some hair boards. I think it was longhaircommunity.com that I had found first. There was a woman named Jade21 who had all the answers as far as making your hair grow long without all the gimmicks.

For the first two years I had consistently taken multi vits and minerals, B- vitamins, MSM, Chlorophyll, Alfafa,Silica, Omega Oils, you name it. I had completely switched to organic shampoos and conditioners, and stopped using heat. I also used a hair filter and CO washed at least 2x a week.That regimen had given my hair a complete and total boost.

However, for the last couple of years, I have focused more on retaining it. I have not taken vits in a year or so. I am waiting to do a colonic before I start a vitamin reg again. I Haven't used the filter and I use condition wash every 2-3 days. I have no set regimen now.

Some of the things that has helped my keep my length are: Eqyss Meg- Tek ( as a leave-in), Protein treatments (no particular brand), keeping my hair oiled, and using a denman brush. I think I probably had my hair trimmed a year or so ago. My hair is very uneven to be honest with you. I am hoping to start getting more routined with my haircare because my hair is long, but too darn thin :(

Here are some things that helped trigger my growth-

Biotin -www.freedavitamins.com
Silica Cell Food- Lumina Helath
MSM- www.almsm.com
Chlorophyll- Brand Nature's Sunshine
EFAs- Health By the Sun/ Barlean's Brand
B-5 Panthenol- NOW foods
Lecithin- NOW Foods

Oh, I am working on a fotki account.

Thanks again for the compliment. Sorry in Advance about my typos :)

You deserve the shoutout :)...anyone able to grow their hair this long w/o a relaxer,deserves a spotlight...u r an inspiration 2 me and others :)...*can anyone say FEATURE OF THE MONTH?*...so shine on! ;)...thanks 4 the info,very informative...so how do u keep your hair @ night?

Last edited:

XXXtacy

ms jadu said:
Thanks for the Shout out Patience :)

For the first two years I had consistently taken multi vits and minerals, B- vitamins, MSM, Chlorophyll, Alfafa,Silica, Omega Oils, you name it. I had completely switched to organic shampoos and conditioners, and stopped using heat. I also used a hair filter and CO washed at least 2x a week.That regimen had given my hair a complete and total boost.

Some of the things that has helped my keep my length are: Eqyss Meg- Tek ( as a leave-in), Protein treatments (no particular brand), keeping my hair oiled, and using a denman brush. I think I probably had my hair trimmed a year or so ago. My hair is very uneven to be honest with you. I am hoping to start getting more routined with my haircare because my hair is long, but too darn thin :(

MSM- www.almsm.com
B-5 Panthenol- NOW foods
Lecithin- NOW Foods

Oh, I am working on a fotki account.

Thanks again for the compliment. Sorry in Advance about my typos :)

:FlahsssssGawJus hair!! Truly inspiring!

I have a few questions. What is a hair filter? How did you style your hair when you were growing your hair from SL to BSL? Do you henna? How often did you use protein treatment? You mentioned brocolli & rasperry butters in a previous threads, which butters or oil do you have in your arsenal? I

Whew...I had a lot more questions than I thought. :look:

ms jadu

GoldenBreeze said:
Ms Jadu, your hair is absolutely beautiful! What an inspiration for those of us who are natural.:) I'm am very much looking forward to viewing your fotki.

Do you care for the different textures with the same products, or use different products on the varying textures? I'm not having any problems with my hair at the moment, but if there is a better way to handle these different textures I would love to learn about it.

Awww, thank you all for the compliments.

GB, I use pretty much the same product. for my whole head. However I still have shorter, coarser strands in the middle which I load globs of oil or conditioner on. I could use little product on the rest of my head, but have to go heavy with that middle area. I don't know if that makes much sense.

ms jadu

patiencevirtue said:
You deserve the shoutout :)...anyone able to grow their hair this long w/o a relaxer,deserves a spotlight...u r an inspiration 2 me and others :)...*can anyone say FEATURE OF THE MONTH?*...so shine on! ;)...thanks 4 the info,very informative...so how do u keep your hair @ night?

Thanks Patient Virtue :)

I just wear my hair in a ponytail slick back at night. I have really sensitive skin so I have to wear my hair back.

ms jadu

XXXtacy said:
:FlahsssssGawJus hair!! Truly inspiring!

I have a few questions. What is a hair filter? How did you style your hair when you were growing your hair from SL to BSL? Do you henna? How often did you use protein treatment? You mentioned brocolli & rasperry butters in a previous threads, which butters or oil do you have in your arsenal? I

Whew...I had a lot more questions than I thought. :look:

Hi XXXtacy

Oopsy, I meant to say the shower filter instead of a hair filter.lol.

I live in Florida and our water is really hard and very brownish. The shower filter works wonder to help make your hair softer and easier to detangle. Plus my hair stayed moisturized longer when I used one. The only con though is not being able to take hot showers. That is a killer around winter time. You can't heat the water past "lukewarm." That is the only reason why I haven't used the filter for the last couple of years.

http://www.aquasana.com/shower_filters.cfm

I do a protein treatment every two weeks to a month with Elucence, Nexxus, or use Nexxus Cysteine treatment.

As far as the oils/butters, I used broccoli and raspberries oils for shine and UV protection when I wear my hair in straighter styles. Both beats buying those serums that you have to constantly apply. I only used samples that my friend had given me. I will reorder these from FNWL soon though. Otherwise, I use Giovanni's hair serum.

I currently have no oils in my arsenal because I am relocated to another side of town. Other than that, I occasionally make my own combinations of butters. This gets really expensive for me since I am so heavy on product and family members constantly use my haircare prods. :(

Energist

What an informative thread. I have definitely taken notes that will be helpful. You have very lovely and very healthy looking hair Ms Jadu :)

ms jadu

Tenny said:
Just to clarify, you didn't use any gimmicks correct? No monkey ball sweat, no MTG, BT, overloads of vitamins, Lenzi's request, Surge, etc et al?

How long did take you to get to your length now? Six years total or 3 years and you've been maintaining it?

Sorry for all the questions but I thought you were relaxed!!!!

I did use vitamins, but I never considered them to be gimmicks or taken solely for my hair. I had stopped eating red meat and wanted to make sure my diet was balanced. I also had horrible acne in which the vitamins helped to alleviate.

At first, I was on heavy vitamin load which gave me no results believe it or not. I believe I over consumed vits which did more harm than good. I was taking any and everything mentioned on the board. I have since "fine-tuned" what really works for me.

Also, some Vits gave me Ashanti side burns and hairy toes. Warning to all****

I did try surge when it first came out. It made my hair too nappy. It was too much of a strain to comb my hair because the surge made it too matted. I had tried MTG when it first came out, but that stuff made me stink all the time. And I also tried BT, I probably used this about three times (Mixed this with Eqyss Avo) just to keep my hair moisturized. I didn't use consistently to see results.

Overall, just keeping my hair well moisturized, keeping hydrated, and eating a proper balance diet has worked wonders.My hair grew from SL to BSL in about 1.5 to 2 years. The funny thing is that nobody thought I could do it. They all laughed when I bought vitamins or spent tons of money on product. I now know what works for me and I am happy to know that I if I were to cut my hair (and hated it), I know I can get it back.

GoldenBreeze

ms jadu said:
Awww, thank you all for the compliments.

GB, I use pretty much the same product. for my whole head. However I still have shorter, coarser strands in the middle which I load globs of oil or conditioner on. I could use little product on the rest of my head, but have to go heavy with that middle area. I don't know if that makes much sense.

Thanks a lot for your reply ms jadu. I was hoping there might be an easier way. Yup, what you said makes perfect sense. That's what I find myself doing. I use globs on the 4b, less on the 4a, and even less on the 3c. It's crazy, but we do what we have to. :)

I'll be glad when someone comes out with conditioners, leave-ins, and moisturizers that have some kind of markers or targeting enzymes, so that we can apply it evenly all over and it will treat the different textures based on their individual needs. I know I'm dreaming, but is that so bad? :lol:

Tenny said:
Just to clarify, you didn't use any gimmicks correct? No monkey ball sweat, no MTG, BT, overloads of vitamins, Lenzi's request, Surge, etc et al?

How long did take you to get to your length now? Six years total or 3 years and you've been maintaining it?

Sorry for all the questions but I thought you were relaxed!!!!

:lachen::lachen::lachen: I was over here crackin' up!!!! You got me over here waking folks up and everything!!! TOO FUNNY!!!!

thiccknlong

ella said:
Yes I fawn over your avatar everytime I see it.:)
Beautiful hair!
Are you texlaxed or relaxed straight?

me to ! I was scrambling lkg for her fotki and was saddened she didnt have one yet

tnorenberg

ms jadu said:

MSM- www.almsm.com
B-5 Panthenol- NOW foods
Lecithin- NOW Foods

What type of chlorophyll di you take? Liquid or caps? What does Lecithin do?