OMG! MY hair swangs!!!! Album PROGRESS update!!

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
Summa Bliss said:
:D Congrats Nubian!!!!!

MsPortugal: W.O.W!! :eek: Your hair also inspires me. And your daughter has lovely hair too. Thank God she has a mum who knows about proper hair care.
QUOTE]

thanks i am working on updating my daughters album she is all but .5in natural and the hair is past the shoulders I IMAGINE SHE, NUBIANQUEEN, & I WILL ALL BE AT BRASTRAP (or imaginary brastrap for my daughter) NEXT YEAR!!!

Lioness

msportugal said:
Summa Bliss said:
:D Congrats Nubian!!!!!

MsPortugal: W.O.W!! :eek: Your hair also inspires me. And your daughter has lovely hair too. Thank God she has a mum who knows about proper hair care.
QUOTE]

thanks i am working on updating my daughters album she is all but .5in natural and the hair is past the shoulders I IMAGINE SHE, NUBIANQUEEN, & I WILL ALL BE AT BRASTRAP (or imaginary brastrap for my daughter) NEXT YEAR!!!
Looks like you'll be BSL in no time.

BSL by next year is also my goal. I am near (about 1.5" from) armpit length, so I hope to reach my first goal by June 2006. I'M SOOOOO EXCITED!!! I'll be posting pix by then hopefully.

Are you on a vitamin regimen and has the MTG actually given you faster growth? (I'm trying to fend off all the 'buy MTG' thoughts!!!....Its the PJ in me...

secretdiamond

:eek: If that's not MTG "proof" I dunno what is!!! NubianQueen your hair looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!! :clapping: Everyone works sooo hard on this board for healthier, longer hair and you are a testament to our beliefs that (in my "ghetto voice") we ain't crazy in what we doing here guurl! (*finger snap*) LOL. :lol:

ETA: Oh..and MsPortugal, you are the ISH!!!

NYCQT16

Natural Again
CONGRATS!!! I def. can understand where you are coming from. I felt the same way..seeing how other people turned their hair around in weeks or only a few months of being here and my hair seemed like it was doing nothing special. I know how good it feels to finally see some progress :)

Your hair looks great :yep:

NubianQueen

Aww, you all are sooo sweet!! I do give all praises to God for all of the gifts he has bestowed upon me, including this wonderful community of ladies!!

Hey Brandy, :wave:

How's my hair buddy doing?! I still have a TON of that virgin hair fertilizer. :eek::p I think I need to sell it on the swap board! :grin: Thanks so much for the congrats! How is your journey coming along?!

Hi Lanelle,

Scalp peels are the same as a microdermabrasion treatment for your face. It helps clear the layers of buildup off of your scalp. Hopefully, it will make my hair grow faster. I order the kit from Biokorium; talk to Vivian if you want to actually receive the products in a timely fashion. I was told it took three applications to see a difference in growth. I have been doing so much that I just do not know what is working at this point! :look:

:Blush2: Me an inspiration! Adrienne, DSD, Peachtree, Beverly, etc. the list goes on and on for my inspirations. I am glad that I did make such a huge turn around and shared the process so that it can keep people who are where I was motivated to achieve their goals. If my hair can make such a remarkable improvement, than anyone's can, believe me!!:lol:

Thanks again for all of the compliments, I truly appreciate each and every one of you looking at my album and posting! :D

oglorious1

Mixologist
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: Okay, I'm doing a little dance for you, that is some great progress there girlie, How dare you hide that secret from me, you know you should have given up the goods a long time ago...go head and get that swang on:grin: :grin:

Lioness

[QUOTE=secretdiamond (in my "ghetto voice") we ain't crazy in what we doing here guurl! (*finger snap*) LOL. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

brandy

QUOTE:

Hey Brandy,

How's my hair buddy doing?! I still have a TON of that virgin hair fertilizer. I think I need to sell it on the swap board! Thanks so much for the congrats! How is your journey coming along?!

Hi Nubianqueen!

Your hair buddy is doing ok except for some set backs (read my post "jealous hair dressers"). I am really happy for your hair progress and you are very lucky to have a friend that could really treat your hair nicely! I guess the virgin hair fertilizer did not work for you; never mind.

ShortyDooWhop

Congrats on the great progress. Also, continue to shake the haters off, b/c there's always someone who's dissatisfied with their hair who wants to make you unhappy about yours.
Had to check someone in the braid shop the other day over her, "you need to perm your hair or it's gonna fall out," comments. No thank you baldilocks, my and mine are ok. You stay in your chair, and I'll stay in mine.

Keep up the progress.

secretdiamond

ShortyDooWhop said:
Congrats on the great progress. Also, continue to shake the haters off, b/c there's always someone who's dissatisfied with their hair who wants to make you unhappy about yours.
Had to check someone in the braid shop the other day over her, "you need to perm your hair or it's gonna fall out," comments. No thank you baldilocks, my and mine are ok. You stay in your chair, and I'll stay in mine.

Keep up the progress.

HA!!!!!!!!haha!!! :lachen: :lol: That was funny!... too funny!

Nenah

Shake the haters off I wouldn't have even dignified it with a response in my update just let them hate.

NubianQueen

Hey Oglorious1,

You're too funny! I wasn't hiding anything from you!! Actually, my hair is about to be longer than this half wig and I'm STILL going to rock it!! Boy will people be shocked :eek: at work the day MsPortugal does another one of her Portugese Blowouts on me and I go to work shaking all of that hair!! :grin: However, I will only let it hang for a while as I do not want my hair snagging on my clothes. Maybe I will do one row in the back of blonde (nah, probably the same color of the highlights in my wig) to set it off!! Weaveitup gave me that idea a while ago of putting one track in the back to keep your hair protected when you are not wearing silk clothes so your hair won't get damaged from wearing it down.

Oh yes, I am shaking the haters off and I just wanted to encourage anyone else that in the event something similar happened to them, they too would recover!!! :D

I :love: looking at my album. It inspires ME!! I need to stay the course in order to keep what I have and gain even more. When I FINALLY hit bra strap my album will be even more exciting for me to gawk at daily!! :lachen:

NubianQueen

Many thanks!

LOL, a Portugese Blowout is the technique perfected by the lovely MsPortugal :grin:!! She called it that because she's from Portugal!! :) At any rate, she does a fantastic job and the next time I swear I will bring my digital camera so we are assured of clearer pictures! She can even show me how to upload them as she is the administrator for my album. Without her I would not even have one!! She truly is a beautiful person inside and out. :D I want to master her skills so when she wants her gorgeous locks straightened, she doesn't have to go to the salon. I did pay attention to what she was doing and she even showed me the specifics. I already learned how to do cornrows, so this will be splendid if I can possibly return the favor and be her hairstylist! She's right about her daughter, herself and I being bra strap by next year. We will have plenty of pics to share! :lol: