~~OMG! They worked on MY Natural 4B HAIR!!~~

scarcity21

b4 i opened this thread, i knew what it was gonna be all about.GINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNn why did u do it? huh?
Now u gon make me go to Sally's to get these things. i saw all the beautiful ladies results and i was like it aint gonna work on my 4B natural hair....but now u got me conviced...*sighs*
FABULOUS results by the way !!!:yep:

Chromia

Thanks for posting those pictures Gin! I'm definitely going to buy these after seeing the results that you, Pinkskates, and LadyKaypnyc had with these. I'm glad that I still haven't used my Sally's coupon that I've had for almost 3 weeks.

Maynard

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!!!
I saw these at Sallys just this past Thursday and paused because I saw them on pinkskates hair and now your hair is fabulous.
I'm thinking about trying them out now.
How awesome!!!

I was at :drunk:Sally's today - and UM - in California they are 12.99 a pop - so - wow - they are even more expensive - the sad part is that they know that 5 rollers won't do the job.

I gotta get a job - cause I gotta get some of these!!!!

WOW!
12.99?? With only 5 in a pack? :look: This reminds me of the old 'shirley temple' curls...remember them? The only good part is that there's no heat involved.

Actually there are 8 in a pack.

The good part is everythang aint for everybody... :look:

CocoGlow

WOW!! I am shocked!

I did not think they would really work for natural 4B's like me! I am tempted now....

I was going to buy some flexirods next week to experiment with but now I don't know which is better...it seems like the Curlformers may get the hair more of a smooth curl from root to tip...oh I don't know!

Last edited:

Maynard

Again, Thanks for the compliments ladies! :grin:

I am gonna try to pull them apart tonight and get my monies worth outta these things. I am gonna try to put them in once a week.

Lady Esquire

I bought mine in Ohio last week when I went to visit. I could NOT find them in GA....

I need another pack, so I am gonna have my sis send me some in the mail

Gin, first and foremost, your hair is so beautiful. I am even that more convinced seeing it work on a 4b.

I am curious. Do these curls last long? A week maybe? Did you seperate the curls? How do they look with the curls parted, covering the creases?

BTW, a few weeks ago I found them in a Sally's in Roswell on Alpharetta Hwy in between Holcomb Bridge and Mansell Road.

CocoGlow

Thanks for posting your pics Gin..this really gives me hope!

If I buy them, I will not get the kit b/c it only has the Long & Wide and the Short & Wide...

So you used 6 packs of the Short & Narrow ones?

I called Sally's and they said the hook is sold seperately if you don't get the kit.....How much was the hook?

Also, on the Sally's website it says the individual packs have a 10-count...is that true? It seems like some people get 5 in the pack, others get 8...I don't live by Sally's so I would have to travel but I don't understand exactly how many are in those individual packs......

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Wow! Your hair turned out great from the curlformers. I just may have to give them a try one day.

EMJazzy

Happily retired

Maynard

Gin, first and foremost, your hair is so beautiful. I am even that more convinced seeing it work on a 4b.

I am curious. Do these curls last long? A week maybe? Did you seperate the curls? How do they look with the curls parted, covering the creases?

BTW, a few weeks ago I found them in a Sally's in Roswell on Alpharetta Hwy in between Holcomb Bridge and Mansell Road.

@ Bolded: I dont know... I am wearing them currently, so I will wear them as long as the look good. I havent seperated the curls cause I was up at 2am, but I will and I will take pics, tonight. :yep:

Alpharetta Hwy, huh? Man, I must have went on the wrong day! :lachen:

Maynard

Thanks for posting your pics Gin..this really gives me hope!

If I buy them, I will not get the kit b/c it only has the Long & Wide and the Short & Wide...

So you used 6 packs of the Short & Narrow ones?

I called Sally's and they said the hook is sold seperately if you don't get the kit.....How much was the hook?

Also, on the Sally's website it says the individual packs have a 10-count...is that true? It seems like some people get 5 in the pack, others get 8...I don't live by Sally's so I would have to travel but I don't understand exactly how many are in those individual packs......

I didnt buy the kit, at all.

I bought a hook and 6 packs of the long and narrow...I think that's what they are..The green and blue ones

The hook was 3.99

I took my time and didnt make the parts too big. I also made sure my hair was soaking wet, the same way I do when I do my rollersets >> HERE <<

Chinagem

Again, Thanks for the compliments ladies! :grin:

I am gonna try to pull them apart tonight and get my monies worth outta these things. I am gonna try to put them in once a week.

Gin, your hair looks great! Will you post pics after you pull them apart? TIA.

chocolate01

Your hair looks great! I wasn't going to try these because I have a whole bunch of flexirods at home but I think I may buy a pack of these to try out. It seems like curlformers get closer to the root so they come out straighter and drying seems to take less time than with flexirods. Thanks for posting your pics!

Maynard

Gin, your hair looks great! Will you post pics after you pull them apart? TIA.

Yes I will! :yep:

chocolate01 said:
Your hair looks great! I wasn't going to try these because I have a whole bunch of flexirods at home but I think I may buy a pack of these to try out. It seems like curlformers get closer to the root so they come out straighter and drying seems to take less time than with flexirods. Thanks for posting your pics!

I twisted the roots like Lady KPNYC (I know I jacked up her name) did, then attached the curfomer to it. You can prob do the same with the flex-rods...I dont know, I have never used those before.

PinkSkates

Congrats Gin...
I'm telling you natural ladies, we can have straight, bouncy, silky spiral curls with the Curlformers! No chemicals, flat iron or hot comb needed. ...I'm going to make that my new siggy saying!:grin:

anon123

Wow, that's pretty amazing. Did you straighten your hair by blow drying it or something? The part that's not Curlformed, the part that's banded in rubber bands, looks blown out and the ends look straight. How did you do that?

Maynard

Wow, that's pretty amazing. Did you straighten your hair by blow drying it or something? The part that's not Curlformed, the part that's banded in rubber bands, looks blown out and the ends look straight. How did you do that?

No I didnt straighten or blow dry it. I washed and put the curlformers in.

I just banded it and it dried like that after I sat under the dryer.

ETA: I just went back and looked at the pic. I think that front part that looks "straight" is from where I have a lil heat damage. If you look at the wet pic, my hair in that area hangs a lil straighter than the rest.

Damn, I didnt know my ish was gonna be analyzed all like that. :look:

KLB? Miss Scarlett? Where are yall?

Its all good :lachen:

Last edited: