~~OMG! They worked on MY Natural 4B HAIR!!~~

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Your curls look fantastic!!!

ETA: I just realized I already posted in this thread... oh well... double compliment! :grin:

Last edited:

Maynard

Where do you purchase curlfoamers from?

Sally's Beauty Supply

Wow! Looks beautiful!

Thanks!

ditto. that is great

Thanks!

You have very pretty hair naturally, and those curlformers made it look awesome! I've always been a fan of those kind of curls. Growing up I used to call them "candy curls". Why, I don't know :grin:. Did you purchase them online or in a store?

I purchased them in the store, Sally's. I think you can purchase them online, however, I preferred to get them from the store, so I could return them if I needed to.

Man, 10.99/pk!!! But those curls are just too pretty to sleep on. I'ma have to work something out.
***Damned! Where's a sugar daddy when you need him?***:wallbash:
:yep:

Wow!!!!! Your are looks amazing!!

Thanks!

Your curls look fantastic!!!

ETA: I just realized I already posted in this thread... oh well... double compliment! :grin:

Double Thanks! :lol:

TexturedTresses

why are you making me want to buy this to use on my little cousin. damn.......... okay, how many packs did you use? also, how did you set it?

crazydaze911

This is why i use attachments instead of embedding the pics in the thread - so years to come they will still be there. I found this out the hard way with my Myspace page lol.

Nonie

very pretty!! hows that hook tho? i dont think it would glide though my hair.

The hook might need to be filed coz it's plastic so has a seam that could rip your hair, but once filed, it's good to go. I just wish they'd make a metal one coz I'd be all over it.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
thanks nonie!

eta: u know whats better then filing..burning. well not burning but melting. to all my combs i melt the tips and it forms smooth round tips. filing still leave that scratchyness, you know what i mean?

Last edited:

Nonie

thanks nonie!

eta: u know whats better then filing..burning. well not burning but melting. to all my combs i melt the tips and it forms smooth round tips. filing still leave that scratchyness, you know what i mean?

I'd be afraid I'd melt the whole thing, with my clumsy hands. :lachen:

It's actually possible to file smooth, just like you do nails. I think a tool like this can work, but I just used an emery board and it worked for me. You just need to keep going to finer one to make the finish smooth, just as you do with nails.

BlackMasterPiece

Hey Nonie, I know you love curl formers, and we have really similar textures can you post some pics of your results? I'm determined to bring the heat use to a minimum this yr and I think this could really help me do that:yep:

QBOE2001

what about using a latch hook? I bought one at jo ann fabrics for 7 bucks. The hook is metal and the base is wood. It's alot more durable. I bought mine after breaking three of the cheapo plastic ones that curlformers make. It takes a little getting used to since its a little bit thicker than the curlformer version but it works well and I haven't had any problems.

Last edited:

Rei

just looked at your fotki, they are gorgeous! I have curlformers as well and 4b hair but I have never gotten results like that. I think its because I have the short and wide and not the long and skinny ones. It straightens my hair but doesn't make it silky.

Nonie

what about using a latch hook? I bought one at jo ann fabrics for 7 bucks. The hook is metal and the base is wood. It's alot more durable. I bought mine after breaking three of the cheapo plastic ones that curlformers make. It takes a little getting used to since its a little bit thicker than the curlformer version but it works well and I haven't had any problems.

Did you get one the size of the Curlformer hook? Can you post a pic with something standard for size reference, like a coin or ruler...or if you still have access to the cheap CF plastic ones, can you post them beside each other? Coz I think you just might've given me an idea. I was hoping a blacksmith might be lurking and might see this HUGE market that could open up if he made a metal CF hook, but so far no one's made an announcement. So it looks like you just might have the winning ticket!

Hey Nonie, I know you love curl formers, and we have really similar textures can you post some pics of your results? I'm determined to bring the heat use to a minimum this yr and I think this could really help me do that:yep:

This was my first attempt on my hair. I used them on wet shrunken 4B hair and air-dried. I hated that I had to wear them to work like that (Couldn't separate them without the hair getting frizzy...and I didn't have time to do anything else so left them as they were... :crazy: ) Please ignore the messy cornrows that could've used a brush--I was running late after trying in vain to figure out what to do to fix my do (That's my excuse):

And this is what happens when I try to separate them--but you must know I don't use any product so perhaps an oil could make them slick and frizz free...or a serum.

So BMP if you do use them, see if you can find a way to separate them without your hair frizzing so you get this look on natural 4B hair. Is that even possible? I haven't use heat, and I haven't used products yet. So I haven't given up on there being a way to get that look. :brainy:

Fhrizzball

I adore curlformers now. I have an album of my first set in my profile. They're not that great though but pretty good for someone inept at rollersetting. Mine only lasted 3 days but halfway through I didn't use setting lotion and the few I did made them too hard. I just have to find a good medium.

They got sorta locy on my hair but that's because I slept on a satin pillow case instead of using a bonnet as I should. it picked out to a nice puff though. Don't know what hairtype I am just positive it's not 4b. My nape is really coarse though and gets cottony and not as defined unlike the rest of my hair.