ON AND CRACKIN! (TAILBONE)

Irresistible

:lachen::lachen:
Crackin' borrowed from the TBL Challenge from Mz.MoMo5235

So I was just doing my hair, got through the bottom part, and decided to do a stretch pic :freakout:I'm shocked! ok so I cant get all my hair in the pic, I do think I am right above crackin, it's hard to even tell in the pic for obvious reasons, but also I can only hold my hair and get it all in the pic by leaning forward, which I tested does actually make it just a lil' shorter on the stretch So when I just hold it straight up and down it is at the beginning of my tail bone, not 'crackin' lol. So anyway, here are some comparison pics

The end of 2008 (This is also about where I cut my hair to the beginning of this year, probably just a lil shorter)

my last length check or pic taken in January of this year(after trimming but before I started really cutting at it) Hiplength

Tonight (11 months later)

showing it's the bottom layer, reaching, the whole crown and top are not in the pic and I don't know (I doubt it) if it would all reach to one length. btw I do have a slightly different texture in my nape than I do my crown(which is also probably another reason I might be so prone to cut when I feel my hair too much)

So I don't know if I am Technical Tailbone, if it is the 'crackin' but I am for sure reaching the bone at least with my bottom layer of hair :woot:

Last edited:

Lita

I say CLAIM it! TBL all the way...Beautiful hair as always...

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

Bumping so all can see your TBL hair & that we can reach our goals...

Happy Hair Growing!

Irresistible

just did my crown, didn't take a pic, cause my Fiance thinks I'm crazy right now for taking pics :lachen:

but my crown stretches to my waist, just the very ends. I had him hold it and hand it to me from the back so I could hold it and see , we won't talk about the look on his face :look:

but nah my hair is not all that length, I truly can't figure out how my hair will ever be one length, without cutting :look: again I think this is a part of my cutting issues (the other part having issues with wanting 'fresh ends') . what's the point in only having super long nape hair? It's crazy, I miss it when I cut, but it drives me crazy like this. so ......I dunno

Irresistible

Bumping so all can see your TBL hair & that we can reach our goals...

Happy Hair Growing!
Thank you girl:flowers:

yes indeed girl, anyone can and I want to also put a big reminder up here for any ladies that don't know this, I been at this 'hair thang' and steadily learning/growing my hair for 16 years now natural, this was not anything quick. and nothing really grew... (sorry to say this to some) until I went strict no heat, but like maybe 1 time a year, not that I can handle straightening anymore anyway:ohwell: which is mostly why I am no heat truth be told (not because of the heat)....but that is when, and I do believe it is why it took off on me these last years. all the years before this it was pretty much staying around the same length or close

Thiends

Your hair is beautiful! How do you usually wear it on a day to day basis?
Thank you girl:flowers:

yes indeed girl, anyone can and I want to also put a big reminder up here for any ladies that don't know this, I been at this 'hair thang' and steadily learning/growing my hair for 16 years now natural, this was not anything quick. and nothing really grew... (sorry to say this to some) until I went strict no heat, but like maybe 1 time a year, not that I can handle straightening anymore anyway:ohwell: which is mostly why I am no heat truth be told (not because of the heat)....but that is when, and I do believe it is why it took off on me these last years. all the years before this it was pretty much staying around the same length or close
It's really helpful of you to share this. :yep:

Platinum

Congratulations, Iris! Your hair is gorgeous!:thud: You're such an inspiration! I can't wait to see me hair at that length. Keep up the good work!:bouncy:

Irresistible

Your hair is beautiful! How do you usually wear it on a day to day basis?It's really helpful of you to share this. :yep:
Thank you girl, I wear it only like this, all day all night, I only wet/oil/condition my front and edges and brush them down, and re-adjust the top scrunchie or just add another one to the top to tighten. I only do my hair from scratch every two weeks. and take it all down and oil it with Coconut oil in between, I can't handle it anymore, my fiance has been doing the detangling with/for me since the end of summer, so I havent really messed with my hair too much lately or even really seen it stretched. But I have already talked to my daughter and she knows she is about to be HIRED.....I took good care of her hair till she was 16 and taught her well. It's only fair :lol: her hair is just like mine. and honestly I'm having issues with pain in my hands, and shoulder doing my hair now

Thiends

Thank you girl, I wear it only like this, all day all night, I only wet/oil/condition my front and edges and brush them down, and re-adjust the top scrunchie or just add another one to the top to tighten. I only do my hair from scratch every two weeks. and take it all down and oil it with Coconut oil in between
Thanks for explaining. Funnily, before I settled on twists, I was wearing my hair in a single braid at the nape of my neck for two weeks in a row at a time, which is really similar to your protective style. Protective styling really does work. Do you comb/brush your hair when you take it down to oil it between redoing the banding?

blackbarbietea

I feel like you're ALMOST there. Call me crazy. But I think you're like, not even a full inch away. You might as well claim it since by january, you will be TBL. Ah what the heck.claim it!

Irresistible

Thanks for explaining. Funnily, before I settled on twists, I was wearing my hair in a single braid at the nape of my neck for two weeks in a row at a time, which is really similar to your protective style. Protective styling really does work. Do you comb/brush your hair when you take it down to oil it between redoing the banding?
if you really want to keep and grow some hair on your head, Protective styling indeed does it:yep:

I do comb through it, only with a K cutter , but it has to be heavily oiled with the coconut oil for it to work. Dry combing is no joke. But I know I have to do it to avoid any hair clumping/joining/matting/knotting/marrying themselves together lol

Irresistible

took a break in the middle of doing my hair, got it all the way to being in the ponytail and had to take a break, put the pony in a folded over up thingie, it was a break long enough for my hair to dry at least on the ends, hey from the front it looks like I have a side puff, oh the work I'm gonna have to do cause of letting it dry, but I like how it looks like I have a side puff. ok I'm done taking pics.....and chillin, on to the work to fiinish.

Ladies :Rose: love you all, missed so many of you while I was gone, glad I got to check in, Thank you to you all :love:

Mz.MoMo5235

*giggles* we're all striving for crackin' *giggles some more*

your hair looks great girl!!! i feel you on wanting all your hair one length. i actually had that going til my summer set back. now i have these stupid layers from the breakage that happened *boo!!!*

once you hit full crackin are you going to keep going or maintain?

Irresistible

*giggles* we're all striving for crackin' *giggles some more*

your hair looks great girl!!! i feel you on wanting all your hair one length. i actually had that going til my summer set back. now i have these stupid layers from the breakage that happened *boo!!!*

once you hit full crackin are you going to keep going or maintain?
girl you are so funny for saying 'Crackin' still cracks me up:lachen:

Thank you girl, I don't think I would keep going, not sure, I'm still kinda getting used to the fact my hair is actually still growing, I still keep figuring it's going to slow down. I don't think I could take no more length and be able to handle it at all. with breaks...lol. we shall see what happens tho

Lita

I must agree (Protective styles & not flat ironing so much) really works..Thats when I notice a difference in my hair too..

I Must confess that I am a protective style JUNKIE...lol (But it works)

Happy Hair Growing!

Mz.MoMo5235

i'm a bun addict... i think that and not using heat is a key factor in reaching longer than normal length. while i did flat iron last week its lasted a WHOLE WEEK! no reversion or any thing so i've worn it down more than usual (which is probably why i want to cut again). i could probably take it a few more days but i need to get my hair out of sight before i chop at it lol. so back to my curls in the morning and once its dried i'll be back in my bun

Irresistible

i'm a bun addict... i think that and not using heat is a key factor in reaching longer than normal length. while i did flat iron last week its lasted a WHOLE WEEK! no reversion or any thing so i've worn it down more than usual (which is probably why i want to cut again). i could probably take it a few more days but i need to get my hair out of sight before i chop at it lol. so back to my curls in the morning and once its dried i'll be back in my bun
well at least I know I'm not alone in those urges to cut when my hair is dry/loose. I so relate! yeah you better put your hair up girl, I know just how that goes :wallbash:

No heat made a major difference for sure :yep:

Janet'

I remember when I first joined the forum, you were one of the many lovely heads of hair that I fell in love with! :congrats: on your progress, that is truly amazing and you have beautiful hair. You do bring up a very real and valid point of being able to "deal" with all of that hair, lol. Many of us just brush it off like, "Oh, to have that problem", but it takes me a couple of hours to wash and detangle as it is and my hair is BSL...More than twice as much hair...um, yeah :look: :look: But, your hair is :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Irresistible

I remember when I first joined the forum, you were one of the many lovely heads of hair that I fell in love with! :congrats: on your progress, that is truly amazing and you have beautiful hair. You do bring up a very real and valid point of being able to "deal" with all of that hair, lol. Many of us just brush it off like, "Oh, to have that problem", but it takes me a couple of hours to wash and detangle as it is and my hair is BSL...More than twice as much hair...um, yeah :look: :look: But, your hair is :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Aww, Thank you Janet :kiss: yeah I know ladies might think 'oh to have that problem' funny thing is they will, just a matter of time:lachen:

Whimsy

You're Crackin Up!!! GO GIRL!!!!
great progress.

I so hope i can be crackin by this time next year.

Pompous Blue

When you started posting recently, I was hoping you would post an update!

And, yeah you are TAILBONE!!! CLAIM IT! CLAIM IT NOW!!!

P.S. Really enjoying the pictures. So don't ever think you take too many of them.