On pre-poo, clarify, neutralizer

LaBelleLL

Forgive me for my ignorance, but here it goes:

So i'm pretty heavy handed with my products and it's about time that I clarify. Since i'm new to all of this and nervous about using baking soda/powder, i've decided to clarify with Qhemet's Egyptian Wheatgress Cleansing Tea (so far, so good, right? lol). My question is - can I still pre-poo beforehand? I know that I want to cleanse my hair, so by pre-pooing first, am I making the clarifying process more difficult, etc.?

A few months ago, when I first joined LHCF, I somehow ended up buying Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Creamy Aloe Shampoo. I just learned last week that this is a neutralizing shampoo. I don't have a relaxer or anything, but is it still OK to use if I ever decide to shampoo? I'll probably stick with Qhemet but your answers will help me determine what i'll do with it....

thanks in advance!!

Pandora1975

That shampoo stripped my hair raw- just a heads up. I'll let other, more knowlegebal answer though. I'm still workin it out myself.

LaBelleLL

That shampoo stripped my hair raw- just a heads up. I'll let other, more knowlegebal answer though. I'm still workin it out myself.

Oh no! Is that bad? :perplexed I'm thinking that the hair would be ready for a good DC afterwards......a fresh new start.....

unalteredone

I wouldn't pre-poo my hair before clarifying, except maybe the ends of my hair to keep them from getting totally dried out. I agree that it would kind of keep the clarifying poo from doing what it is supposed to do. On clarifying days, i just make sure to give my hair a little more DC time to put that moisture back.