One Tip - No Repeat

On the other hand, sometimes your hair misses you and you might have to do your routine more often. Don't neglect your boo.

Never use products that work just okay on your hair. Every product in your regimen should work GREAT on your hair. I truly notice a difference in my hair when I use products that are mediocre on my hair. It ends up feeling rough and I have to moisturize more. My poo, DC, moisturizer all work great on my hair and I'm able to use less product and moisturize my hair every other day.

I strongly agree with THIS! My staple products are so good that I'm very rarely tempted to experiment with other products.

My tip is not an issue I see on the board but more an issue I notice with women I run into who are interested in going natural but have no clue about the journey:

If you're thinking about going natural or are new in your natural hair journey please understand that "Big chop" and "going natural" does not mean you will automatically have healthy hair. Healthy hair is achieved by consistent hair-care practices that are unique to your own hair needs; and this of course is regardless of whether your hair is chemically processed or not.
I see so many girls who have healthy natural hair and if you saw their hair when it was relaxed, more than half of them had generally healthy relaxed hair as well. So it's important to keep the "Hair Care" mentality at the forefront rather than thinking that Natural hair is the secret to healthy hair.

My tip is not an issue I see on the board but more an issue I notice with women I run into who are interested in going natural but have no clue about the journey:

If you're thinking about going natural or are new in your natural hair journey please understand that "Big chop" and "going natural" does not mean you will automatically have healthy hair. Healthy hair is achieved by consistent hair-care practices that are unique to your own hair needs; and this of course is regardless of whether your hair is chemically processed or not.
I see so many girls who have healthy natural hair and if you saw their hair when it was relaxed, more than half of them had generally healthy relaxed hair as well. So it's important to keep the "Hair Care" mentality at the forefront rather than thinking that Natural hair is the secret to healthy hair.
THIS IS SOOOO TRUE. I have seen more than a few go on the natural journey but don't take time to moisturize and then seal in the moisture. Because the same way you can have damaged relaxed hair you can also have damaged natural hair. I have relaxed hair. I'm not on the natural journey and probably won't ever be--you never know, but for now probably not. However I have learned so much from being on this board this is the longest and healthiest my relaxed hair has ever been. I have been CONSISTENT about co-washing, eating healthy, working out and vitamin supplements. It took me a while, but with trial and error and patience I have learned what products work best for my hair. I have a regimen that works for me and I'm sticking with it. So in addition to all of the things that people recommend, the thing that most people need to have is patience and the willingness to find out what works for you and stick with it.
I will be forever grateful to the dear friend who found this board and shared it with me, and to the ladies on here that I learned so much from.

If considering a hair transplant: look for the most qualified surgeon not the closest one. DON'T BE AFRAID TO TRAVEL to have the procedure.

If considering a hair transplant: have several "free" consultations with different surgeons before making your final selection.

If considering a hair transplant: and you don't have enough money to have the procedure performed by a highly qualified surgeon, WAIT and SAVE until you have enough money. The journey to re-growth is expensive and long - so DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

If considering a hair transplant: and you know your hair loss is permanent/irreversible - DON'T WAIT (unless due to finances). Do it ASAP, so you will have years and years to enjoy your investment.

Never use products that work just okay on your hair. Every product in your regimen should work GREAT on your hair. I truly notice a difference in my hair when I use products that are mediocre on my hair. It ends up feeling rough and I have to moisturize more. My poo, DC, moisturizer all work great on my hair and I'm able to use less product and moisturize my hair every other day.

So true. As much as I hate it, I'm about to throw away these products that don't work or are just okay. You feel a difference in your hair even when you've long rinsed it out. Your hair "behaves" better. Ever since using this MopTop cowash my hair has been in top condition. My hair sitting in a bun after using okay products to cowash, dc, moisturize with,taking it out after a couple days my hair is super dry and sometimes brittle. Taking out my bun after using Moptop and my favorite leave in and gel after a couple days my hair is still soft and feels amazing.

Even right now with my mini braids. I used my favorite/best products to do them and my hair & ends is still super soft. If I used something random I would be moisturizing daily. I probably won't put anything on my hair until the end of the week

Back