One Year-Progress Pics!!

ebonyhair

I joined LHCF this time last year with absoloutely no idea how to take care of my damaged shoulder length hair. I was not familiar with (co-washing, moisturizing-sealing, stretching, etc). I used too much heat (with no HP:nono:, relaxed too often, used the wrong products and my hair remained at SL for years!!! Thank you so much for the abundant amount of info regarding healthy hair care!! You guys rock!!:thumbsup:

This was my length February 2009

This is my length now -February 2010 (These pics were taken today)

Im 12 weeks post in these pics and my next relaxer will be March 10th. Im hoping to be beyond full APL by then.

My regimen
Wash 1x per week with cheapie conditioner mixed with baking soda or CON red label
Followed by a DC (Miss Keyes 10 en 1 mixed with oils and garlic)
AirDry in a bun- flat iron roots when its completely dry then silk wrap-Moisturize 1x per day w/ Wave Noveau and seal with coconut oil
Apply MN mixed with MT and EVOO every other night
Planning to Relax 3-4 X's per year

Last edited:

shopgalore

Quick question how are you applying the MN, do you part your hair completely in rows and apply or do you apply in squares?

Globeleza

I got a question about your regimen!! You said that you flat iron your roots and then you silk wrap right? What do you mean? Do you wrap and then use saran wrap and going under the dryer?

HairVixen

Looking good girl! I am currently using MT and am getting some good results under my sew in. Hope to post pics soon!

ebonyhair

I got a question about your regimen!! You said that you flat iron your roots and then you silk wrap right? What do you mean? Do you wrap and then use saran wrap and going under the dryer?

Girl this is a 3-day process! lol!! I wash and DC EVERY Thursday night using the scarf method/bun. I wear a bun on Friday which allows my hair to airday 80%. Friday evening I roller set my 80% dry hair which allows my ends to dry smoothly. Saturday Morning I flat iron the roots only using Fantasia IC hair protector (in the pink bottle) and wrap. I wrap my hair and apply a tiny amount of shea butter and saran wrap the wraped hair very tight and go under the dryer for 15 minutes. My hair comes out very silky! (I only flat iron after 8-12 weeks post.) I usually follow the same routine without flat ironing 1-8 weeks post. HTH!!

Last edited:

beans4reezy

Nice progress! Look at you girl! Oh and I also appreciate that you placed your reggie in the original post without us having to hound you for it!

Globeleza

Girl this is a 3-day process! lol!! I wash and DC EVERY Thursday night using the scarf method/bun. I wear a bun on Friday which allows my hair to airday 80%. Friday evening I roller set my 80% dry hair which allows my ends to dry smoothly. Saturday Morning I flat iron the roots only using Fantasia IC hair protector (in the pink bottle) and wrap. I wrap my hair and apply a tiny amount of shea butter and saran wrap the wraped hair very tight and go under the dryer for 15 minutes. My hair comes out very silky! (I only flat iron after 8-12 weeks post.) I usually follow the same routine without flat ironing 1-8 weeks post. HTH!!

Wow girl thanks for the detailed response!!! I am definitely gonna try this technique !!! Especially since I have an 8 month old, I can't do the whole process in one sitting :yep: Just curious why do you bun to 80% before you rollerset? Does it help get the roots straighter? or does it help avoid breakage?