Only Mature Responses Please.

G

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
churchlady said:
Forget that I even mentioned it .

DONT WANT TO START NOTHING.

[/ QUOTE ] Well I said "Mature" responses, but I forget this is the internet..

Mahalialee4

Chruchlady...Could you please clarify about the Plantains?Are you speaking of diet or recipes or...? curious. Thank You. bonjour.

beana3

churchlady I know you dont want to start a rant.. but wow! I got a little offended at that comment. My cousins are fully black, black american and black jamaican and they ALL have longer hair than me. We are talking 4a/b brastrap and below, no-lye relaxed and scalp greased!!! I have a lot of "mixture" through my father's side and umm my hair is STILL 4a. I'm not saying genetics has nothing to do with hair, but i dont think that's the case with Cathy at all!

G

Trying to figure out whose method will work with your hair is not fool proof. I think you have to find your own method and products

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this is absolutely true. I mean even amongst people here who have the exact same hair type, respond differently to products and regimines.. I guess this is a never ending quest huh.

churchlady

Marabou1

I didnot say Haitians aren't mixed, I know there are vast numbers of mixed haitians, I am friends with a lot of them.
I was only saying that the ones that are not mixed have
strong long hair.

VALLEYGIRL

Cathy is obviously mixed race, therefore her hair would be thicker and most times longer than blacks who are not mixed.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW!!!! this kind of thinking still exists...very sad and unbelievable.

So we cant grow long hair unless we are mixed huh????

G

I'm shocked at that too! Plus does that mean if you not Black as an Ace of Spade then you not Black??

Tonya

Hello all

well I ahve had long hair, short hair, thick hair, thin hair, and I think it is all in how u care for it.
I have used both no lye nad Lye perms...I will be updating my pics soon and I personally get better results with no lye. As someone stated in an earlier post...the outcome depends on the persons hair. I used to think only some "lucky" people have "pretty" hair. but what is "pretty": hair. since joining here I have learned that we alot more control over our hair than we think, your hair is thin, take b-5 and protect your ends. after coloring my hair, it became very thin and scraggly looking but I grew it out with frequent trims and wore protective styles and it grew back even thicker. so I think your hair will do just about anything u want it to you just have to "train" it.

VALLEYGIRL

Mahalialee4 said:
Chruchlady...Could you please clarify about the Plantains?Are you speaking of diet or recipes or...? curious

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO ...
Look at you Mahalialee...always looking for a new natural hair recipe!!!

G

So, Tonya, your saying there hope for me to get my thickness back..??

I've been focusing so much in Length that I forgot how thick my hair used to be.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
My cousins are fully black, black american and black jamaican and they ALL have longer hair than me. We are talking 4a/b brastrap and below, no-lye relaxed and scalp greased!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here! Most have stopped relaxing, but grease rules as far as they are concerned!
They think I am insane with all my natural products and my "no petro/mineral oil" rules. One of them cut me off while I was raving about the Hairobics Scalp Booster. She told to go buy a jar of Liv and sit down somewhere and be quiet!

I used to get my hair pressed with Liv. I can't imagine putting that stuff on my scalp every day...

Crysdon

In reply to: Valleygirl
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trying to figure out whose method will work with your hair is not fool proof. I think you have to find your own method and products

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm shocked at that too! Plus does that mean if you not Black as an Ace of Spade then you not Black??

[/ QUOTE ]

Tonya

Mindymouse said:
So, Tonya, your saying there hope for me to get my thickness back..??

I've been focusing so much in Length that I forgot how thick my hair used to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ofcourse!!!
Awhile back I was posting on my thinning hair. I even had pictures up, I was so depressed but I got it back. SOmeone just told me today that I ahve Marilyn MOnroe hair...whatever that means....but she was liek it is so thick what are u doing. Another asked me was I in a wig.
I simply switched back to my trusty old no lye nad started back up my roller sets. I only use the products that work for me and I stoped trying every single thing that was successful for the next person. I learne the hard way that just because somethign works for one person does nto mean it works for me. I have learned and I am still learning what works for my hair and so far so good. wehen my camera is full I will post before and after pics.
I am tryignt o decide if I want to try b-5...I woudl hate for my hair to be too thick ya know?

G

The word "black" is too vaugue.. as is the word white... black is not a race.

white ppl can be irish, scotish, geman, swedish, english.. but black ppl are just black?????

in the black "race" there are a whole scoop full of diff hair textures, skin colors.etc

My hair is straight wavy.. naturally jet black like asians. my skin is a lite golden brown. am I not black?

My granpapy is chinese, my great granpapy on my mothers mothers side is indian am I still black?

I have "good hair" according to some ignorant ppl am I any less black?

One person.. a middles eastern brother, comes up to me and said,, damn girl you look sexy ,you look white??? is this a compliment? should I be offended??? what does it mean??? When ppl see me, what do they see? Does the chinese dragon I have tattoed on my back trow them off????

I mean really.. don't be so caught up in the black,, or she's not black thing. It's meaningless. Look around you at all the colors of black. Whoes to decide who is and who isnt??? Why does it even matter.

G

I refuse to comment on this subject because, as I was afraid it would, it has deteriorated and turned into the same old good hair/bad hair, mixed/non miixed, black/white nonsense that you would think we would all get tired of and abandon by 2003.

BUT </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Does the chinese dragon I have tattoed on my back trow them off????

[/ QUOTE ] I have a chinese dragon tattoo on my lower back too!!! Cool

G

LOL @ Cyrsdon...

Sorry Crysdon, you read to fast.. I actually misquoted but you got it before I could edit it...

Slow, down partner.. LOL

G

Heyy, water is the first ingredient, that might not be half bad...

SweetNic_JA

I'm Haitian and that is a misconception about Haitians not being mixed. There are so many mixed haitians, you'd be surprised. I don't know what part of Haiti you visited, but Haiti is still a little segregated in some ways. Meaning, there are areas in Haiti where the majority who live there have very light skin.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, my ex is haitian and he looks like he could be middle eastern. His father looks black/white mix and his mother looks like she's black but not mixed.

G

Ok, Ladies back to the subject. How many of us have experienced different results on our own hair by implenting different things.

Are there products you used that make you hair look thin?

Or Thick?

Tonya

my hair looks thick when ever I set it with Paul Mitchell Foamiong Pomade and when I blowdry.

G

It depends how you dry your hair.

I find if I blow dry my hair (no oils) my hair looks thicker (i have fine stranded hair, but alot of strand on my head)

If i wash and go, my hair looks a lil "thiner".

Also oils weigh down the hair and give it a thin apperance like the girl in the pic, I think she has way to much oil up in there.

Tonya

Yeah I am with Emgurl,
I have fond when I use just a little oil I get a fluffier fuller look. But when I weigh my hair down with oil it looks stringy, and when I air dry with no products (wash no go) I get the thinner look. I hate that because I want to wear my hair curly/wavy. Any suggestions?

G

I not sure if everyone can do this with their hair.. but

When I washandgo.. what i do is my reg shampoo/condition and i do not add ANYTHING to my hair. I run a comb trough it a couple of times. and let it airdry.. Once its dry Ill have quater sized curls, and a look lets I've done a braidout... without the hassle of doing up braids!

I do this all the time, its looks great n I dont have to worry about my hair. (no heat, no curlers, no blowdryers etc).

G

That's strange, I noticed that too, you would think that the heat from blow drying would make it straighter/thinner.

I'm washing tonight I have'nt blow dryed in a few weeks, maybe i'll give it whirl.

I have been trying to alternate the UBH and the Keracare my hair is thinner with the keracare and I found that Jojoba is Great on my scalp but on my hair it's yuck. Or maybe I used to much.

G

Man, Emgurl, I wonder what I would look like if I tried that.

No products, nothin?

G

I forgot to add I airdry in a "ponytail like" method finger comb my hair back in the look of a low ponytail,, without the ponytail holder and let it airdry

G

I wanna try that but I scorred..
esp wit this new growth going on right now...