Only Mature Responses Please.

Lilydrake

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Carolyns hair looks thin and scragly, while Cathy looks, fuller and healthly. This is not an insult in anyway, I'm just wondering if it's
Hair Type or Regime Method that makes the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]Carolyn washes every week and wraps with no dryer at all. Her type is about 3B or C, medium and dry.

Cathy washes every week and dry little with a dryer. She won't trim at all. Her type is about 3C or 4A, coarse and dry.

hada

I think I like Carolyn's hair but.....when you are taking a shot of your hair, atleast comb it straight so it looks neat and we can tell what we are looking at.
Look at the girls heads on Long Hair Lovers (Jennifer's hair).

hada

G

Hi, Lily

I think she washes every 3 days (twice a wk), not sure about the hair type, but definitely not coarse and dry. And she does trim.

She did'nt when she was researching her book but she does, now..

G

Uhhh, Hada,

You could have posted a link *geesh*, lol I was all over the net looking for LHL,
but it says you have to be member to view and I did'nt want to join.

Can you post a link to the pic, PRETTY PLEASE

Lilydrake

Hello, MindyM. You mean, she does?

I thought I did read carefully what Cathy said. Maybe I did read an old website.

I thank you.

hada

Oops I'm sorry LOL

http://www.longhairlovers.com Yes you have to be a member and it has been a couples of years since I have read in there. I used to go the forum back when it first started in '99 I think. But I heard about her charging for membership now.

hada

G

Hey Lily

Yeah she does. She says in her book that she did that during the research for her book to prove that trimming had nothing to do with growth.

Now she trims for eveness.

Nova

I've bought &amp; read both books. I've tried Carolyn Gray's regime to the letter. My hair grew while I followed the six-week regime. When I got lazy &amp; quit. My hair took a nose dive.

I met Cahty Howse last year at the "Today's Black Women Expo" held in Chicago, at the McCormick Place. She was very friendly, and her hair looked thick but not as long as it appears to be in the book. Her hair appears to be 4a/4b, but I could be wrong. Cathy hair &amp; ends looked very healthy - the ends looked thick.

I told her I've read her book but I have trouble washing my hair every three days. She then told me our hair needs to be moisturized, every day! Per Cathy, the 1st ingredient should be water in a moisturizer. She stated she rubs her Dew Moisturizer on her hair daily &amp; rub a little bit on the ends of her hair to keep it strong.

Overall, she was quite pleasant &amp; took her time to talk to me &amp; my friend. We both bought a bottle of her Dew Moisturizer. My friend loves the moisturizer. I would have to use it constantly to see if there is any difference than what I use now.

I think my hair would grow faster if I followed Cathy's regime, but I'm just too lazy to wash every 3 days.

I received a sample of Carolyn Gray's Hair Oil. I like the smell &amp; how light it is.

G

WOW That's interesting. I would like to meet her, hope she comes to NY area.

Since the pictures were taken a while ago, I'd also like to see what it's like now, seeing how our hair goes through so many changes

Thanks for posting that it's good to here that it's still healthly...