*•••2012 Ceramides Challenge Part II•••*

Status
Not open for further replies.

tishsander

I started using Aubrey White Camellia Shampoo and Conditioner for the first time at the end of March 2012.My hair was 5 inches in April. I will take another measurement in June.

I have had my hair braided and with a weave and plan on continuing this for at least another 1 1/2 years. I texlax for 9-10 min every 6 months (next time will be June). I take 1000 to 2000 mg of Biolin and 1-2 iron pills every day (I'm anemic) daily.

aa9746

Oils/extracts containing ceramides:

Eucalyptus extract
Hemp seed oil
Kukui Nut oil
Sunflower oil
Rice Bran oil
Walnut oil
Wheat Germ oil

Which of the above have the most ceramides? tia

claud-uk

Oils/extracts containing ceramides:

Eucalyptus extract
Hemp seed oil
Kukui Nut oil
Sunflower oil
Rice Bran oil
Walnut oil
Wheat Germ oil

Which of the above have the most ceramides? tia

Safflower oil 78%
Grape seed oil 73%
Poppyseed oil 70%
Sunflower oil 68%
Hemp oil 60%
Corn oil 59%
Wheat germ oil 55%
Cottonseed oil 54%
Soybean oil 51%
Walnut oil 51%
Sesame oil 45%
Rice bran oil 39%
Pistachio oil 32.7%
Peanut oil 32% [17]
Canola oil 21%
Egg yolk 16%
Linseed oil 15%
Lard 10%
Olive oil 10%
Palm oil 10%
Cocoa butter 3%
Macadamia oil 2%
Butter 2%
Coconut oil 2%

I got the above info from http://www.tressbuzz.com/6/post/2011/8/ceramides.html

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
@ZebraPrintLover... so sorry to hear that, ceramides are so important, ditch the WGO and try Sunflower oil, which has a higher level of ceramides anyway and costs like a buck and makes hair sooo easy to detangle and is nice and light and won't make this challenge such a chore! Pretty please!

claud-uk, your such a sweetheart I swear. I will do this just because you asked and you threw pretty please on the end!

ZebraPrintLover, why is the challenge no longer fun to you? I like it because I get to mix up small batches of healthy stuff to add to my reggi. I'm also learning a great deal about what my hair likes and don't like. Is there something that you could do to change things up to put the life back into the challenge for you?

naturalfinally, bc sometimes its only me and you that come in and check-in. This 2nd session has died to me compared to the last.

Na there is nothing I personally can do. I have no problem with M&Sing my hair daily its just the checking in part thats sucking. It keeps me accountable but when no one comes in to check in I feel lonely LOL :look:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
You won't be sorry for giving it a try :) it rinses out nicely with warm water too. Please update us all with how it goes, maybe someone else can chime in if it's not for you.

My hair is not really picky so I am pretty sure my hair will like it as long as it is light. I will put it on my buy list so when I go out shopping I can pick up some. In the meantime I will get this WGO out the way, I onl have like an 1oz or so left.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
spritz my hair with my hemp seed/conditioner/distilled oil mix.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Spritz my plaits with my moisturizer that has WGO in it and also used my Mizani H2O Intense Night-Time Treatment that has Sunflower Oil in it.

naturalfinally

Hello All! I've been out of town on business and I did not bring my hemp seed mix!! :-(. I'm back home now and I applied grape seed oil to my hair. Today it just feels crunchy. I'm clarifying and starting over.

Brownie518

I finished my old mix of oils so I made a new one to use for prepoos or to add to DCs:

Hemp seed
Safflower
Rice Bran
Argan
JBCO
Amla
Brahmi

It's basically the same as the old one. I sometimes use it to seal since it makes my hair so smooth and shiny.

Brownie518

I massaged in some Featherweight Trigger, which has grapeseed and safflower oils. It's very light and gives nice shine.

Lita

Friday-pre poo with Njoi green tea cream,washed with Hydroquench moisture poo,Jasmins Hibiscus Dc,Njoi hibiscus cream as leave-in,Njoi coconut/hibiscus pomade on scalp,Hydroquench white tea 5day moisture on tips & Sealed with a little rice bran oil..

Hair is nice & soft/moisturized...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Spritz my edges with my moisturizer that has WGO in it before bunning and gelling it up.

claud-uk

I finished my old mix of oils so I made a new one to use for prepoos or to add to DCs:

Hemp seed
Safflower
Rice Bran
Argan
JBCO
Amla
Brahmi

It's basically the same as the old one. I sometimes use it to seal since it makes my hair so smooth and shiny.

:lick:

Friday-pre poo with Njoi green tea cream,washed with Hydroquench moisture poo,Jasmins Hibiscus Dc,Njoi hibiscus cream as leave-in,Njoi coconut/hibiscus pomade on scalp,Hydroquench white tea 5day moisture on tips & Sealed with a little rice bran oil..

Hair is nice & soft/moisturized...

Happy Hair Growing!

Your hair sounds loved :yep:

Last edited:

My-Foolish-Heart

I've still been using my hemp oil in my DCs and to seal sometimes, but I wonder if I should get a new bottle. I've had this for about 6 months now and I store it in the fridge.

claud-uk

Doing a Sunflower/Soy/EVOO/Carrot Oil pre-poo overnight tonight - luckily I remembered not to apply all the way down to my scalp to avoid the drippies. Put scarf straight onto well-oiled hair, then plastic film over that. Will co-wash in the morning.

I home-made the carrot oil by grating 2x carrots on the parmesan side of the grater. Using a heavy-bottomed pan, pour enough EVOO into the pan to not quite cover the grated carrot (better to use too little EVOO than too much). Simmer on a low heat till the carrot is dissolved and of a sludgy consistency (like pumpkin soup). Halfway through I used a pestle to grind the carrot down and hurry things up. Took about an hour to boil down soft enough to be sieved - the oil should be very orange in colour. Et voila, home made carrot oil for strength!

Last edited:

claud-uk

I've still been using my hemp oil in my DCs and to seal sometimes, but I wonder if I should get a new bottle. I've had this for about 6 months now and I store it in the fridge.

Oils last a good couple of years but if you're worried add a couple of drops of Vitamin E oil as a preservative.

Last edited:

naturalfinally

I added grape seed oil to the length of my hair and I really concentrated on my ends. I'm still losing more hair then I want to when I smooth down products on my strands. It's not she'd hairs but broken pieces.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang

Does it smell rancid My-Foolish-Heart?

I added grape seed oil to the length of my hair and I really concentrated on my ends. I'm still losing more hair then I want to when I smooth down products on my strands. It's not she'd hairs but broken pieces.

naturalfinally
What do you moisturize with? Have you been using your protein?

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Will be washing in a few and I have WGO in my shampoo.

Oh yea and I will apply it after I moisturize....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.