Opening Our Eyes To the Enemy

SummerSolstice

Christ created us all equal, but people are not aware of the fact that as a race we are still being attacked.

People of color in every nation are still experiencing discrimination.
Ladies lets post some articles to keep us aware of our enemy (Satan).

WOMEN! The media sends mixed messages about sexuality, our roles, etc.

We need to be aware of his TRICKS against us as members of many different social groups.

He attacks us as women. He attacks us as blacks. He attacks us as minorities. He attacks us through our professions... He attacks us using music. He attacks our insecurities. He attacks EVERYTHING!

This thread is for those who want to keep their eyes open. You can only stand against your enemy if you know who he is.

To God be the GLORY!

loolalooh

Source (2006): http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=2346857&page=1#.T1D81RxgPtk

Another bi-product of fornication is HIV/AIDs. Again, blacks are the most affected by it. We are allowing the enemy to cripple us as a race.

[As of 2006]...almost 70 percent of all newly diagnosed HIV-positive women in the United States are black women. Black women are 23 times more likely to be diagnosed with AIDS than white women

Imagine the statistics now.

loolalooh

The enemy attacking the minds of youth (all races) and leading them into suicide and violence:

Suicide:
In 2007, suicide was the third leading cause of death for young people ages 15 to 24
Source: http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/suicide-in-the-us-statistics-and-prevention/index.shtml

Teen Violence:
[In 2004?] Homicide is the second leading cause of death among young people ages 10 to 24 overall.
Source: http://www.familyfirstaid.org/youth-violence.html

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
SummerSolstice...

This is a good thread and I know it's coming from a humble heart. 'We' need to be aware of satan's devices. There are so many deceptions out there. Our biggest enemy is the government and those who are in it.

They have so many 'covers' to hide what they are placing into legislation.

God's Word says, "My people perish for lack of knowledge...". God wasn't joking when He said that, neither was He speaking randomly. There is so much going on that we do not know, until the consequences of it hit the news or into one's personal life.

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

I'm sitting here at my desk and I had to place my head in my hands thinking about what's going on in the government and how it affects the innocent lives of so many.

I'm pausing for now. I just wanted to thank you for creating this thread. There is so much we need to educate ourselves on and then become active in both prayer and in action.

One thing is certain, there is absolutely no way that anyone can survive without Jesus. Those who oppose will later realize they have made a bad judgement in their life.

Blessings... :Rose:

SummerSolstice

This is a link to an article on my website about deception in the food industry...

I basically did a bunch of research on the milling industry.

When they make our flour, they take out all the nutritional components. If you want flour or products with flour that still has high amounts of nutrients... they label it whole wheat, put it in fancy packaging, and then charge you extra... just to leave out a step of their milling process.
They also enrich processed flour with SMALL AMOUNTS of synthetic versions of the naturally existing vitamins and nutrients that are already in these grains when they are harvested.
Then they have the nerve to tell us we're eating healthy by buying whole wheat products when they really have the same amount of sugar as their white counterparts.
Please read the article I researched for 2 days straight on milling companies and they take advantage of us as consumers. It is very upsetting. They post the information right on their websites and nobody gets upset because they don't understand.

And then in the black community we call it "soul food" when really the recipes are what I call "status food"... reminiscent of a time when Blacks and other poor minorities did not deserve fruits, vegetables, and good cuts of meat :nono:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
This is a link to an article on my website about deception in the food industry...

I basically did a bunch of research on the milling industry.

When they make our flour, they take out all the nutritional components. If you want flour or products with flour that still has high amounts of nutrients... they label it whole wheat, put it in fancy packaging, and then charge you extra... just to leave out a step of their milling process.
They also enrich processed flour with SMALL AMOUNTS of synthetic versions of the naturally existing vitamins and nutrients that are already in these grains when they are harvested.
Then they have the nerve to tell us we're eating healthy by buying whole wheat products when they really have the same amount of sugar as their white counterparts.
Please read the article I researched for 2 days straight on milling companies and they take advantage of us as consumers. It is very upsetting. They post the information right on their websites and nobody gets upset because they don't understand.

And then in the black community we call it "soul food" when really the recipes are what I call "status food"... reminiscent of a time when Blacks and other poor minorities did not deserve fruits, vegetables, and good cuts of meat :nono:

Good information... :up:

I often wonder what the Milling Industries and their families are eating? The same that they are feeding others?

Shimmie

Staff member
Christ created us all equal, but people are not aware of the fact that as a race we are still being attacked.

People of color in every nation are still experiencing discrimination.
Ladies lets post some articles to keep us aware of our enemy (Satan).

WOMEN! The media sends mixed messages about sexuality, our roles, etc.

We need to be aware of his TRICKS against us as members of many different social groups.

He attacks us as women. He attacks us as blacks. He attacks us as minorities. He attacks us through our professions... He attacks us using music. He attacks our insecurities. He attacks EVERYTHING!

This thread is for those who want to keep their eyes open. You can only stand against your enemy if you know who he is.

To God be the GLORY!

I wasn't able to read the article... it's too eery.

it's things like this that make me realize all the more, how much God has protected / saved us from. God's mercies endureth forever and ever.

Summer there is so much going on, that it is nothing short of a miracle that God has 'spared' us from so much that's out there.

Surely He has delivered us from the 'snare' of the fowler and from the noisesome pestilence.... the snake and the adder... (Psalm 91)

GodivaChocolate

Here's a link to an article that all Christians should be concerned about. Our government is passing legislation that may one day be used against us for our beliefs here's the article and the second link is the guy on YouTube talking about it.

http://www.aclu.org/blog/national-security/first-ever-hearing-ndaa-indefinite-military-detention

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcdeTu6HziY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eluNgE3-0A8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The last link is about Benazir Bhutto stating that Bin Laden was killed many years ago, less then a few weeks, maybe days after she was assassinated. The lies that we are being fed. It is so important to draw near to God during these last days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDTEEXG3ge8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Shimmie

Staff member
Here's a link to an article that all Christians should be concerned about. Our government is passing legislation that may one day be used against us for our beliefs here's the article and the second link is the guy on YouTube talking about it.

http://www.aclu.org/blog/national-security/first-ever-hearing-ndaa-indefinite-military-detention

The last link is about Benazir Bhutto stating that Bin Laden was killed many years ago, less then a few weeks, maybe days after she was assassinated. The lies that we are being fed. It is so important to draw near to God during these last days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDTEEXG3ge8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I had to thank you for posting the ACLU website. We need to be informed.

What they have is an 'alliance' where gays can file complaints; from there the ACLU sets forth their 'attack'.

The attacks most definitely includes organizations, businesses, schools, who have opposed the gay lifestyle.

Christians need to have an 'alliance' as well. There are gay groups who purposely 'single' out those who do not support them and file complaints and charges.

I will never forget the charges against the online dating sight which is Christian owned, eHarmony and the charges against Chick Fila who is also Christian based.

How is it that gays can support their cause and others cannot? If eHarmony chooses not to support gay relationships, then so be it. If Chick Fila chooses to cater to a marriage seminar which supports a man and a woman 'only', then so be it. This life is not about appeasing gays and their sinful lifestyle, of choice. :yep:

The irony that the laws of reciprosity are working against them; they will reap what they sow. They cannot take away the true Rights that come to us from God. The only equality for anyone in humanity is to become one with God. Sadly gays are alienated of their own doing and the government is legalizing their alienation. :nono:

The YouTube about bin laden is quite sobering ... :nono: My prayer is God, please show us the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.

My prayer is that none of us are deceived, even from reading or coming across, articles, youtubes, news reports of any nature. That we each are lead by the Holy Spirit of God with all truth and discernment as to what is real and to what is not.

Father God, I pray that 'sensationalism' will not get the heart of us, only the truth. For many reports are just that, 'sensationalism'. We all know that the enemy is behind all lies and all evil, yet Lord please lead us not into the temptation to be deceived or to believe what justifies our anger and disappointments.... Only the Truth, and nothing but the Truth... in Jesus' Holy and Precious and Powerful Name......... Again, Amen and Amen.

Mark 4:22 ... For there is nothing hid which shall not be manifested, neither is there anything kept secret but that it should come abroad.... In the Name of Jesus! Who shall reign True forever and ever... Amen.

Last edited:

4bslbound

Very excellent article summersoltice. We need to take our health, in the form of honoring our bodies SERIOUSLY! I've come across so many ppl (even on this forum) that are so defensive about holding onto past traditions of poor eating or other practices and do not want to let go of something even if there is proof that it is bad for you. Other races generally are less likely to react the way we do.

I try my best to expose my kids to healthy foods without additives, colors, hormones, etc. I feel this is part of my personal ministry; to educate about health.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
^^ great point, @4bslbound, when it comes to health we can be our own worst enemy. We're all living in a toxic culture, and quite frankly even the "health foods" are not as healthy. :( But it doesn't hurt to try

btw, if anyone wants to ease up or quit coffee Teecino or any herbal coffee is a great substitute. :yep:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
What are anyone's thoughts on this?

31 December 2012
Africa: Where black is not really beautiful
By Pumza Fihlani

BBC News, Johannesburg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-20444798

South Africa is marketed to the world as Mandela's rainbow nation, where everyone is proud of their race and heritage. But for some black South Africans there is such a thing as being too black.

A recent study by the University of Cape Town suggests that one woman in three in South Africa bleaches her skin. The reasons for this are as varied as the cultures in this country but most people say they use skin-lighteners because they want "white skin".

Local musician Nomasonto "Mshoza" Mnisi, now several shades lighter, says her new skin makes her feel more beautiful and confident. She has been widely criticised in the local media and social networking sites for her appearance but the 30-year-old says skin-bleaching is a personal choice, no different from breast implants or a having nose job

"I've been black and dark-skinned for many years, I wanted to see the other side. I wanted to see what it would be like to be white and I'm happy," she says candidly.

Over the past couple of years Ms Mnisi has had several treatments. Each session can cost around 5,000 rand (£360; $590), she tells the BBC.

Unlike many in the country, she uses high-end products which are believed to be safer than the creams sold on the black market but they are by no means risk-free, doctors say.

Costly beauty
Ms Mnisi says she does not understand the criticism about her new appearance.

"Yes, part of it is a self-esteem issue and I have addressed that and I am happy now. I'm not white inside, I'm not really fluent in English, I have black kids. I'm a township girl, I've just changed the way I look on the outside," she says.

The dangers associated with the use of some of these creams include blood cancers such as leukaemia and cancers of the liver and kidneys, as well as a severe skin condition called ochronosis, a form of hyper-pigmentation which causes the skin to turn a dark purple shade, according to senior researcher at the University of Cape Town, Dr Lester Davids.

"Very few people in South Africa and Africa know the concentration of the toxic compounds that are contained in the products on the black market and that is concerning. We need to do more to educate people about these dangerous products," says Dr Davids.

He says over the past six years there has been a significant increase in the number of skin lighteners flooding local markets, some of them legal and some illegal. This is what prompted their research.

Local dermatologists say they are seeing more and more patients whose skin has been damaged by years of bleaching - most of the time irreversibly.

"I'm getting patients from all over Africa needing help with treating their ochronosis. There is very little we can do to reverse the damage and yet people are still in denial about the side-effects of these products," says Dr Noora Moti-Joosub.

In many parts of Africa and Asia, lighter-skinned woman are considered more beautiful, are believed to be more successful and more likely to find marriage.

The origin of this belief in Africa is not clear, but researchers have linked it to Africa's colonial history where white skin was the epitome of beauty.

Some have also suggested that people from "brown nations" around the world tended to look down upon dark-skinned people.

'I don't like black skin'
The World Health Organization has reported that Nigerians are the highest users of such products: 77% of Nigerian women use the products on a regular basis. They are followed by Togo with 59%; South Africa with 35%; and Mali at 25%.

South Africa banned products containing more than 2% of hydroquinone - the most common active ingredient in in the 1980s. But it is easy to see creams and lotions containing the chemical on the stalls here. Some creams contain harmful steroids and others mercury.

While skin-lightening creams have been used by some South Africans for many years, they have become more common recently with the influx of people from countries such as Nigeria and Democratic Republic of Congo, where they are even more widespread.

In a bustling African market in the centre of Yeoville in Johannesburg, it is skin lighteners galore.

Walking through this community is like walking through a mini-Africa: you can find someone from any part of the continent here.

I notice that many of the women have uncharacteristically light skin faces while the rest of their bodies are darker.

Some even have scabby burns on their cheeks from the harmful chemicals used to strip the skin of pigmentation.

They don't want to speak openly about why they bleach their skin, or even have their pictures taken.

Psychologists say there are also underlying reasons why people bleach their skin - but low self-esteem and, to some degree self-hate, are a common thread.

But skin-lightening is not just a fascination and obsession of women. Congolese hair stylist Jackson Marcelle says he has been using special injections to bleach his skin for the past 10 years. Each injection lasts for six months.

"I pray every day and I ask God, 'God why did you make me black?' I don't like being black. I don't like black skin," he tells me.

Mr Marcelle - known in this busy community as Africa's Michael Jackson - says his mother used to apply creams on him when he was young in order to make him appear "less black".

"I like white people. Black people are seen as dangerous; that's why I don't like being black. People treat me better now because I look like I'm white," he adds.

Entrenched in the minds of many Africans from a young age is the adage "if it's white, it's all right", a belief that has chipped away at the self-esteem of millions.

Until this changes, no amount of official bans or public information campaigns will stop people risking serious damage to their health in the pursuit of what they think is beauty.