Oprah's Last Show

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I'm not the one accusing her of not believing it appears to be a lot of people that call themselves Christian's that are, and as a Christian we are not supposed to judge others but we do. We are all human. :nono: Get over it.

Oprah has 'judged' herself. Her views are open and plain as day and in total opposition to the Word of God.

The Bible was given to us for a reason; for the Truth, not the foolishness and ideals of man's own mind.

As for being human, please. That's a cop out for one to remain in sin and rebellion against the Will of God and His order.

BlackHairDiva

The Bible says not to judge others for doing something that we ourselves do. That's the judgment it is talking about. It does not say we should not judge at all. However, people are basing their views on Oprah based on her own words from her episode; it's not like anyone made them up. She herself said that she believes there is more than one way to God, but the Bible says Jesus is the only way. Are we to believe a Christian would believe what Scripture is against? Again, we do not know if Oprah is saved right at this moment. People are basing this from what she has previously said.

Matthew 7:1-2: Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

John 7:24: Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.

I don't know if I made myself clear but for myself, when that episode back in 90s when she claimed god is not the only way is when I Felt uncomfortable watching the show. I'm not pointing fingers but I simply don't feel comfortable. That is just me and my comfort zone. Its just like Lady gaga, everyone likes her. I dont watch her videos at all. again not comfortable. Its a personal thing.

loulou7

I really despise the notion that all who go "super hard" for their faith are the biggest sinners. In fact, Scripture calls us to go hard for Christ. Everything we do must be for His glory, even if it means denouncing what the world calls good. Just because YOU may have met people who have hidden behind their 'faith' only to be the worst of all, does not mean everyone who goes hard for their faith should be labeled the same. There are some of us who actually do so because we are continuously trying to remain faithful to our Lord.

Save for a few of the responses, no one is saying anything that is not already written in Scripture. Oprah is well-known for not believing what Christians believe. Why then should we be happy she said "To God be the Glory?" The Bible says even the devil believes in God. If she is now saved, then indeed, to God be the glory. But unless she is a new Christian, I do not see why not. We do not know whom she considers her God. Nevertheless, Oprah has made it pretty clear that she does not believe what the Gospel preaches.

As for your sexual orientation, no one said you were going to hell. We as simple men and women do not know this, only God does. But, Scripture is very clear on its stance against homosexuality. You cannot pick and choose which verses to abide by.

Preach on sister! You hit the nail right on the head.

It’s going to be G-d's way, so you might as well buckle down. The Bible is like a two-edge sword, it cuts across the grain of what we want to do.

So far as Oprah, we just need to continue to pray for her. She a good friend of one of the Pastors' in my church, so hopefully he will be a good spiritual influence on her and her lifestyle.

It saddens me when she told Barbara Walters, she didn't want to get married, but rather just live with Stedman. When you say you are a believer you cannot afford to half-step.

Also with Oprah being so influential, you know that her decision has affected other people's choices. I remember soon as she made the statement about not marrying, (I happened to be on the computer...) I was seeing in real time, how a young lady was saying that she was planning on getting married to her boyfriend, but now Oprah is making me think twice.

Anyway, we just need to pray.

Rainbow Dash

Cry aloud! Don't hold back! Raise your voice like a ram's horn. Tell my people about their rebellion and the descendants of Jacob about their sins. Isaiah 58:1

In those days John the Baptist came preaching in the wilderness of Judea, and saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Matthew 3

The Lord is not slack concerning His promises, He does not want any of us to perish but all to come to repentance.

We are not to justify our sin but turn away from it!!

God did not leave us hopeless!! There is love, forgiveness, healing, deliverance, and safety in Christ Jesus!!

Shimmie

Staff member
Cry aloud! Don't hold back! Raise your voice like a ram's horn. Tell my people about their rebellion and the descendants of Jacob about their sins. Isaiah 58:1

In those days John the Baptist came preaching in the wilderness of Judea, and saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Matthew 3

The Lord is not slack concerning His promises, He does not want any of us to perish but all to come to repentance.

We are not to justify our sin but turn away from it!!

God did not leave us hopeless!! There is love, forgiveness, healing, deliverance, and safety in Christ Jesus!!

AMEN !!!

I don't know where I would be, had someone not 'told me'. Even worse, had I not taken heed and chose to 'follow Jesus'.

Shimmie

Staff member
Preach on sister! You hit the nail right on the head.

It’s going to be G-d's way, so you might as well buckle down. The Bible is like a two-edge sword, it cuts across the grain of what we want to do.

So far as Oprah, we just need to continue to pray for her. She a good friend of one of the Pastors' in my church, so hopefully he will be a good spiritual influence on her and her lifestyle.

It saddens me when she told Barbara Walters, she didn't want to get married, but rather just live with Stedman. When you say you are a believer you cannot afford to half-step.

Also with Oprah being so influential, you know that her decision has affected other people's choices. I remember soon as she made the statement about not marrying, (I happened to be on the computer...) I was seeing in real time, how a young lady was saying that she was planning on getting married to her boyfriend, but now Oprah is making me think twice.

Anyway, we just need to pray.

Your post is so true. There are millions of people who see Oprah as their 'life' mentor. They look at her world success and are drawn to her theology.

Oprah hasn't stopped with her 'mentoring'. Her TV station OWN is a platform to continue her 'mentorship' even more. But it doesn't line up with God's Word nor His order. More and more people are being mislead or confirmed in their sin.

Guitarhero

The Bible says not to judge others for doing something that we ourselves do. That's the judgment it is talking about. It does not say we should not judge at all. However, people are basing their views on Oprah based on her own words from her episode; it's not like anyone made them up. She herself said that she believes there is more than one way to God, but the Bible says Jesus is the only way. Are we to believe a Christian would believe what Scripture is against? Again, we do not know if Oprah is saved right at this moment. People are basing this from what she has previously said.

Matthew 7:1-2: Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

John 7:24: Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.

I agree with this and if we are not getting our spiritual food from just any voice out there, then we should not be that troubled by her beliefs. They are all around us and we don't react so vehemently against those. In other words, give the lady a break. She is not responsible for our spiritual edification. And if she is and can make and break us, then we are looking in the wrong place...believers and unbelievers. Incidentally, the only difference between believers and unbelievers is....belief. We're all the same and she's no different from other celebrities, christian or not. Just because she is Black American does not make it required that she be a christian by every other Black American.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
I agree with this and if we are not getting our spiritual food from just any voice out there, then we should not be that troubled by her beliefs. They are all around us and we don't react so vehemently against those.

In other words, give the lady a break.

She is not responsible for our spiritual edification.

And if she is and can make and break us, then we are looking in the wrong place...believers and unbelievers. Incidentally, the only difference between believers and unbelievers is....belief.

We're all the same and she's no different from other celebrities, christian or not. Just because she is Black American does not make it required that she be a christian by every other Black American.

We are NOT all the same dear one. If you want to place yourself in that category, then by all means do so. However, I am not and neither are others who have a solid understanding of what God's order is and what it is not.

Do not defend what is obviously in opposition to God's rule. satan did not raise Oprah up for nothing. She's solidly giving his agenda a platform and is teaching, pushing and standing firm upon it. Don't be fooled.

As for giving 'the lady a break'. God has crystalilzed His Word; He has made it perfectly clear:

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Again...

Brothers and sisters, I urge you to watch out for those people who create divisions and who make others fall away [from the Christian faith] by teaching doctrine that is not the same as you have learned. Stay away from them.

Romans 16:17

God Word says to 'mark them' ... identify them... Call them out; those who are teaching false doctrines in opposition to the True Word of God.

And that's exactly what I and many others are doing.

You either get it or you don't.

LatterGlory

@makeupgirl

Thank you.

Oprah has been 'misleading' with her faith all along. I not saying this judgmentally nor with contention neither am I condemning her. It's just that, out of one side of her beliefs, she says 'Glory to God', yet she promotes, encourages, PROTECTS, professes, the very opposite of what God's truth is.

This is horribly misleading to those who 'speak' Jesus, say they are Christians, and yet they have not nor do they intend to make the changes in their lives and beliefs which God has called us to, as His followers.

Oprah strenuously supports gay marriage, the gay lifestyle, the laws of attraction, she's still shacking up with her boyfriend. She aggressively challenges anyone who opposes her false beliefs, and will not 'hear' nor accept God's Word which speaks the truth on it. She has strongly used her show and other venues as her platform to support her beliefs contrary to God's Word.

I give her credit for giving God glory for indeed were it not for His grace where would she be as with any of us, where would any of us be were it not for the grace of God. God's grace was and is upon her, in spite of the fact that satan has used her more to his glory than God's.

Too many people fall for 'Spotlight' Hosannahs and Halleluiahs. Number the preachers who shout God, Bless God, Glory to God all day long and yet under their platforms sin abounds.

Oprah is a tool of misleading what God's Word is. Her gospel is Burger King, redefine God's order and have it your way.

I'm watching people in the spotlight more than ever before. I'm watching and praying, for God says to believe not every spirit, to test the spirits and see if they be of God. I'm seeing too many spotlighters so called praising God with one face and suddenly with another face, change the Truth of God into 'their' truth; becoming accepting and justifying lifestyles which God has clearly said we are not to be a part of.

Right here in this forum, I've never in my life seen so many behaviours which are suddenly now okay........ :huh:

Well since when and exactly when did God ever say He changed His Word?

I've had my fill of this mess and I refuse to sit back and float with it or go with the flow. No matter where I am, when I see it, I'm calling it out with God's Word to back it up and I dare anyone to challenge me, or better yet, what saith the Lord.

:bud::knight:

1Ti 4:1-2
(1)
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
(2) Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Last edited:

Vintageglam

Please be careful. This issue is not a joke. I"ll ask God to prove it to you. And He will.

Shimmie, are you threatening me? bc I am sure you know that is not very Christian Like. :nono: My God is not a vengeful God. He see's what's in my heart and it's love for all his creation.

I answer to him only. Just making sure we are both ><

Thanks

One of God's people. Neither chosen and special or ordained in anyway to pass judgement on others.

fifi134

Shimmie, are you threatening me? bc I am sure you know that is not very Christian Like. :nono: My God is not a vengeful God. He see's what's in my heart and it's love for all his creation.

Thanks

One of God's people. Neither chosen and special or ordained in anyway to pass judgement on others.

Mine is. Romans 12:19: Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.

No one is saying we should not love Oprah, we are called to love our neighbors. But the Bible does make it absolutely clear that we are to call out those who preach a gospel different than the one of Christ Jesus. The only way we can do so is by judging her actions, which is what people are doing.

Guitarhero

Go Shimmie!:bud::knight:

(1)
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

I believe that applies to a church preaching wrong doctrines. Oprah is not preaching and she's not spouting off "doctrine," just opinion. There's a big difference there. What a sad case if people are taking her viewpoint on her personal spirituality as truth and are following it. Preachers misleading versus opinionated laypersons...that's a big difference and so would be the repercussions. But I'm wondering if Sally Jesse Rafael, Donohue, Povich et al are equally being roasted lol! If Oprah doesn't believe in the gospel.....so? :look: I don't get it. There are millions of them in the world. shrugs. How is she any different from authors of books at a public library, another television show promoting fornication, drugs, violence etc., the columns of anti- or a-religious information at Borders or Barnes and Nobles or, G-d forbid, the people we encounter in daily life who are of no or other religions :eek2:? You simply pick and choose what you will follow. Seriously, I'm trying to feel why so many are so disturbed by this.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member

Thanks

Vintageglam...

Loved one, you are absolutely right. God indeed see's what's in your heart; Especially the very 'intent' of your heart when you came into this thread and wrote this comment 'camophlaged' in white colored text...

Vintageglam said:
EXACTLY !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only thing Christian about this thread is probably the pearl clutching and the way the contributors are dressed !!!

Loved one, you were not 'answering' to God when you said this. But you were answering to yourself and also the spirit behind it which is surely not of God and therefore not 'Christian'.

As for me threatening you? How can you get a threat out of a prayer?

I will say that by what you said, that you have placed 'judgement' upon yourself. What you said about the women in this thread was unmerited and most definitely not from the Holy Spirit of God. You literally called them un-Christian. And yet, with every word, they've shared it has been not only with love and compassion, but with the heart of God.

If you disagreed with the comments, then that was all you needed to say and then pray and keep it moving. Each of the women whom you have spoken ill of have not only shared a loving heart in this thread, but they have also been in prayer, for 'evil' has not triumphed in their hearts or views about this topic.

As a Christian, you owe an apology to the women in this thread whom you've have unjustly addressed as Pearl Clutchers and Contributors. A prayerful apology and nothing short of it.

If not, than you are not telling the truth when you say you love all people; for your words surely speak otherwise. From the abundance of your heart, you spoke what you felt, which was not loving and indeed God saw 'your' heart.

If you feel it was not wrong, then you place yourself in the position for God to deal with you and He will. For He surely chastises those whom He loves and I know without a doubt that God does indeed love you.

This is a very serious matter spoken of in this thread. The souls of too many people are at stake and it is my prayer unto God that you will not only see this, but will also have a repentent heart that truly yields to the will of God for protecting and rescuing the lost souls that are upon this earth.

I pray that God will not leave you nor forsake you and as promised in His Word, He will not; and it is because of His undying love for you that He is not going to let you go, until you 'see' it, for if not, your soul will be lost in the midst of the enemy's deception.

As a Christian, you cannot play both sides. It's called 'lukewarm'. A lesson we all have to learn.

Last edited:

Rainbow Dash

I don't understand why people who claim to know Christ come up against His Word and side with sin and the world system. Always twisting God's Word to make sin okay. Ignorance is not bliss, and we will be held accountable for knowing and doing what God has commanded in His Word.

Sometimes this is a bold, outright denial of the truth of God’s Word.​

Just like the Serpeant told Adam and Eve that they would not die if they disobeyed what God commanded them in the Garden, when God gave them His instructions. He made His instructions clear.

This is done by setting certain Scriptures aside either denying their truth, and/or by denying their application to us.

I pray that our hearts will remain and/or be turned to the Lord and His word, His ways, and not our own way.

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof [are] the ways of death. Prov14:12

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Go Shimmie!:bud::knight:

(1)

I need to bring my daughter on this forum. The devil has to wear Depends undergarments around her. When he sees my babygirl, it's like this:

:peek: :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
I don't understand why people who claim to know Christ come up against His Word and side with sin and the world system. Always twisting God's Word to make sin okay. Ignorance is not bliss, and we will be held accountable for knowing and doing what God has commanded in His Word.

Sometimes this is a bold, outright denial of the truth of God’s Word.​

Just like the Serpeant told Adam and Eve that they would not die if they disobeyed what God commanded them in the Garden, when God gave them His instructions. He made His instructions clear.

This is done by setting certain Scriptures aside either denying their truth, and/or by denying their application to us.

I pray that our hearts will remain and/or be turned to the Lord and His word, His ways, and not our own way.

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof [are] the ways of death. Prov14:12

Oh what a Word... "His ways are not our ways..."

:amen: :clapping: :amen:

I'm sorry [for the thunder of my applause] but you have spoken a word into my heart which says it all...

...which is what it's all about. HIS Way, not ours.

And the 'Garden' with Adam and Eve; satan tried the very same thing with Jesus when He came fresh from the wilderness after fasting 40 days / 40 nights. Jesus gave us the perfect example on how to succeed where Adam and Eve failed when satan comes to deceive us.

Which is by : "It is Written!" Get thee behind me, satan! It is Written!

anartist4u2001

Oh what a Word... "His ways are not our ways..."

:amen: :clapping: :amen:

I'm sorry [for the thunder of my applause] but you have spoken a word into my heart which says it all...

...which is what it's all about. HIS Way, not ours.

And the 'Garden' with Adam and Eve; satan tried the very same thing with Jesus when He came fresh from the wilderness after fasting 40 days / 40 nights. Jesus gave us the perfect example on how to succeed where Adam and Eve failed when satan comes to deceive us.

Which is by : "It is Written!" Get thee behind me, satan! It is Written!

wow, that's so true! Jesus showed us how to succeed when tempted!!!!!!!! :grin:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Oprah is not just some "black chick".... There's more to Oprah than this, and it's more so what she represents.

Oprah has a TV channel called Oxygen and a magazine called "O".

Scientifically, oxygen is the element with atomic number 8 and represented by the symbol "O".

The element's name derives from the Greek roots (oxys) ("acid", literally "sharp", referring to the sour taste of acids) and (-genēs) ("producer", literally "begetter"). At standard temperature it's a very pale blue, odorless, tasteless diatomic gas with the formula O2, and it's the most abundant chemical element - by mass - in our biosphere.[Wikipedia]

So what does this all mean?

Let's look at the significance of the number 8 in the Bible:

In the Bible, 8 has referenced new beginnings.

Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. 1 Peter 3:20

Circumcision, the sign of belonging to the covenant people, was to be performed on the eighth day.

And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed. Genesis 17:12

The story of Ruth, Orpah (Oprah) and Naomi bears witness to choosing whom to serve. When Orpah's husband (Naomi's son) died, she had the choice of going back to her people and her gods or serving God and going with Ruth and Naomi to serve God. She chose to go back and I believe Ruth and Naomi respected her choice. It WAS her choice, but whatever befell her was the judgment of HER CHOICE. Ruth and Naomi moved on to serve the true living God. We are at this place today.

A brief look at her "OXYGEN" channel shows programming that glorify sin/lust:

The World according to Paris (Hilton) - she represents all the carnality and inherent "wealth" to be desired of this world

BAD GIRLS - need I say more?

Snapped - about who-dunnits on female murderers

America's Next Top Model Obsessed - all about vanity

Dance Your A** off - a show that emphasizes losing weight, being transformed, to "fit in" to the "norm/standard"...

Love Games (Bad girls need love too) - huh?

Not many other people on the planet has the type of influence Oprah has on the innocents. Her influence reaches way beyond the United States, beyond North America... it's WORLDwide.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Oprah is not just some "black chick".... There's more to Oprah than this, and it's more so what she represents.

Scientifically, oxygen is the element with atomic number 8 and represented by the symbol "O".

The element's name derives from the Greek roots (oxys) ("acid", literally "sharp", referring to the sour taste of acids) and (-genēs) ("producer", literally "begetter"). At standard temperature it's a very pale blue, odorless, tasteless diatomic gas with the formula O2, and it's the most abundant chemical element - by mass - in our biosphere.[Wikipedia]

Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. 1 Peter 3:20

Circumcision, the sign of belonging to the covenant people, was to be performed on the eighth day.

And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed. Genesis 17:12

The story of Ruth, Orpah (Oprah) and Naomi bears witness to choosing whom to serve. When Orpah's husband (Naomi's son) died, she had the choice of going back to her people and her gods or serving God and going with Ruth and Naomi to serve God. She chose to go back and I believe Ruth and Naomi respected her choice. It WAS her choice, but whatever befell her was the judgment of HER CHOICE. Ruth and Naomi moved on to serve the true living God. We are at this place today.

The World according to Paris (Hilton) - she represents all the carnality and inherent "wealth" to be desired of this world

Dance Your A** off - a show that emphasizes losing weight, being transformed, to "fit in" to the "norm/standard"...

Not many other people on the planet has the type of influence Oprah has on the innocents. Her influence reaches way beyond the United States, beyond North America... it's WORLDwide.

:thud:

My Lord....

What a Word fitly spoken. .. Amein and Amein

:amen:

mrselle

This is good. It's going to take me a minute to fully understand everything you said, but it's good.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
There are believers who have not made Jesus their Lord yet or nailed all of self on the cross. They are still of the world, have trust in this system, and may not see the danger in listening to those who refuse to have the Lord be their Lord and Savior. Every system of man is tainted, religious or not, so we must question and critique everything.

If people value truth, then my next statement will not offend. If the Body of Christ was actually operated by Him, Oprah would not even be an issue. Keep in mind one important fact:

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Never, for a moment, think that this could not happen here. In fact, one could say it is already happening.