Organic products????

CarLiTa

Who here uses them?
which kind?
What brand?
What do they do for you and your hair???

i'm thinking about switching to organics when I run out of Nexxus :( either that, or i go with the NTM line :lol:
I love the Giovanni Direct Leave-in though. And I just bought J/A/S/O/N sea kelp conditioner that i'll be using for my co-washes.

I'm interested in knowing which organic products you ladies use, and how they are?
I'd need recommendations for: moisturizing shampoo, clarifying shampoo, moisturizing conditioner, other conditioner, *i'm still gonna use PM The Detangler to detangle* leave-in, maybe even a styling aid, and protein conditioner

Any other ideas? let me know:)

PinkAngel

I use Giovanni 50/50 Shampoo & Conditioner, Smooth as Silk & Direct Leave In. I love the way they moisturize and keep me tangle free.

Aubrey GPB is my light protein w/ great slip.

Haven't tried the J/A/S/O/N Kelp, but have read great things about it.

~msshic~

Sassygoddess

I use them. I use the ORS brand. i use the poo, con, leave in, wrapping lotion, moisturizer, and scalp treatment.

I love them. i use to use them a couple years back and stop. i just recently started to use them again.

but i love it

Divine Inspiration

CarLiTa said:
Who here uses them?
which kind?
What brand?
What do they do for you and your hair???

I'm interested in knowing which organic products you ladies use, and how they are?
I'd need recommendations for: moisturizing shampoo, clarifying shampoo, moisturizing conditioner, other conditioner, *i'm still gonna use PM The Detangler to detangle* leave-in, maybe even a styling aid, and protein conditioner

Any other ideas? let me know:)

I do, I do! Towards the end of the year, I started experimenting w/ natural/organic products, and I've found replacements for almost everything in my regimen. I still have a bunch of Nexxus, but I've also got a ton of organic/natural stuff so I'm just using up the Nexxus so I can get to the good stuff. My goal in using these products is to avoid parabens, sulfates, and DMDM. So far, I've experimented with Aubrey's, J/A/S/O/N, Kiss My Face, and Giovanni.

These are my new staples thus far:
Moisturizing Poo: Giovanni 50/50 or J/A/S/O/N Sea Kelp
Clarifying Poo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Poo
Moisturizing con: J/A/S/O/N Sea Kelp Moisturizing con or Gioavanni Smooth as Silk con
Other conditioner: Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose con or Aubrey's Jojoba and Aloe
Leave-In: Giovanni Vitapro Fusion Leave-In Hair Treatment and Giovanni Direct Leave-In (I like to layer a liquid and a creamy...the Vita is liquid. It's good for detangling, and it replaced Elasta QP's H-Two in my regimen. Direct is creamy, and it replaced Rusk in my regimen. )
Protein conditioner: Aubrey's GPB or Giovanni's Nutrafix Reconstructor
Styling Aids: Giovanni's Shine of the Times (I replaced NTM Healing Shine Serum with this...I like the Giovanni serum better.) Giovanni has a whole gang of other styling aids...a hair stick, thickeners, gel, mousse, etc.

And as far as PM The Detangler, I thought my world would end if I didn't use it, but when I made my conditioner concoction last week, I didn't add it...and my hair was fabulous. J/A/S/O/N's Sea Kelp con did such a great job of detangling my hair and smoothing the cuticle that I didn't even need an additional detangler. I simply applied Giovanni Direct and proceeded to style. The Sea Kelp con is GOOD stuff. :up:

HTH chica...I've got samples of Giovanni stuff if you want it. I think I still have your address somewhere. :look:

{DI}

taraglam2

Giovanni Direct Leave-in - Love it
JASON Biotin Shampoo - This is the king of my shampoo stash !
JASON Sea Kelp Conditioner - This is a great conditioner. I used this a lot in early spring--- need to restock I am currently out of it
Giovanni's Serum - I bought it and used it up but I do not plan to repurchase

Happy Hair Growing ! :)

CarLiTa

i just noticed that people had replied to this thread :lol:

well thanx for all the recommendations!

ok ok i need to make up my mind. You know, organic products WILL be better for me in the long run, but i'm just a little afraid of leaving my beloved leave-ins and detanglers... they're my...babes :look (Rusk Smoother, Nexxus Headress, PM The Detangler) i feel sad about leaving them behind.

So ok, i'm gonna have to set up a new product list made up of organic products then. I should start accumulating them now. ok i'm REALLY sad bout leaving Rusk Smoother behind, maybe if i find it *since i havent been able to in the past month* I will get it and continue using it on the side? :)

My Nexxus Therappe is acting retarded, actually made my hair feel stripped :eek: i so could not understand that.

I"m going to try the Giovanni line, getting them from Whole Foods, and as a protein conditioner I might get both the AO GPB conditioner and NutraFix.

Healthb4Length

I'm in the process of converting all my products to organic and so far I've found that Giovanni Direct Leave-in works great, I also like alot of products from Natures Gate (the conditioners are good), Aubrey Organics is good too and so is Jason's naturals. You just have to experiment with different lines to see what works best for you. I just got my sample of OYIN today and I will be posting reviews on Monday.

morehairplease

Divine Inspiration said:
I do, I do! Towards the end of the year, I started experimenting w/ natural/organic products, and I've found replacements for almost everything in my regimen. I still have a bunch of Nexxus, but I've also got a ton of organic/natural stuff so I'm just using up the Nexxus so I can get to the good stuff. My goal in using these products is to avoid parabens, sulfates, and DMDM. So far, I've experimented with Aubrey's, J/A/S/O/N, Kiss My Face, and Giovanni.

These are my new staples thus far:
Moisturizing Poo: Giovanni 50/50 or J/A/S/O/N Sea Kelp
Clarifying Poo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Poo
Moisturizing con: J/A/S/O/N Sea Kelp Moisturizing con or Gioavanni Smooth as Silk con
Other conditioner: Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose con or Aubrey's Jojoba and Aloe
Leave-In: Giovanni Vitapro Fusion Leave-In Hair Treatment and Giovanni Direct Leave-In (I like to layer a liquid and a creamy...the Vita is liquid. It's good for detangling, and it replaced Elasta QP's H-Two in my regimen. Direct is creamy, and it replaced Rusk in my regimen. )
Protein conditioner: Aubrey's GPB or Giovanni's Nutrafix Reconstructor
Styling Aids: Giovanni's Shine of the Times (I replaced NTM Healing Shine Serum with this...I like the Giovanni serum better.) Giovanni has a whole gang of other styling aids...a hair stick, thickeners, gel, mousse, etc.

And as far as PM The Detangler, I thought my world would end if I didn't use it, but when I made my conditioner concoction last week, I didn't add it...and my hair was fabulous. J/A/S/O/N's Sea Kelp con did such a great job of detangling my hair and smoothing the cuticle that I didn't even need an additional detangler. I simply applied Giovanni Direct and proceeded to style. The Sea Kelp con is GOOD stuff. :up:

HTH chica...I've got samples of Giovanni stuff if you want it. I think I still have your address somewhere. :look:
{DI}

Great list Divine!

PhonyBaloney500

There are some great products out there that I'm using pretty much exclusively now (sigh one day maybe I can switch to organic makeup, skincare, etc.). Even though a brand is supposed to be organic, though, check the ingredients--they might still have allegedly "bad" stuff like silicones, parabens, etc. (I have some J/A/S/O/N product that had something like that).

Anyway I like:
Avalon Organics Lemon Clarifying Conditioner
Avalon Organics Lemon Clarifying Shampoo
Aubrey GPB Protein Conditioner
Kiss My Face
hair gel (forget the exact name)
Not sure that it's organic (probably not...definitely doesn't say that it's
certified anyway) but Oyin is a natural brand without any of the above bad ingredients (doesn't necessarily mean the oils used are organic though). I love the whipped pudding, whipped shea, shine and define sereum, and oil.

meia

hey all! i used natures gate (hair conditioner w. patchouli) and jason (aloe shampoo and conditioner) before and i didnt have good results at all...i noticed the jason products did the same thing to my scalp those other shampoos and conditioners did---made my scalp burn and gave me a headache...it says it doesnt have sulfates or anything but im thinking its the alcohol that gets me every time...the natures gate, on the other hand, the smell was too strong for me...and it didnt moisturize my hair at all and it had similar ingredients to the jason shampoo and conditioner...

my products that are currently my stables? Dr. bronners soap (its organic- i use it in bar or liquid form but i like the liquid form better) seems to add more moisture to my hair and brings out the natural curliness of my new growth instead of crunching it down like other soap (shampoos)...basically it has a similar effect that conditioner has on my hair..

i also now use oyin products regularly..honey hemp conditioner (after using dr. bronners (various smells but can be used all over body as well) it does moreeee conditioning), greg's juice- smells orangey and minty to me (think herb infused leave in) to detangle, and whipped pudding (smells like chocolate and can be used all over body) to add moisture (like a cream moisturizer) and it has WONDERFUL effects on my hair..makes me want to bc so badly because the new growth is so soft and defined versus the crunchy relaxed stuff but it makes both textures soft and supple..and im pretty sure they are all natural...you should try the sample kit...I HOPE THIS HELPS!! :grin: :grin:

taraglam2

taraglam2 said:
Giovanni Direct Leave-in - Love it
JASON Biotin Shampoo - This is the king of my shampoo stash !
JASON Sea Kelp Conditioner - This is a great conditioner. I used this a lot in early spring--- need to restock I am currently out of it
Giovanni's Serum - I bought it and used it up but I do not plan to repurchase

Happy Hair Growing ! :)

I am going back to using more natural / organic products. I had much success when I was using more organic products and I do not know why I stopped using JASON Sea Kelp Condish ? JASON Sea Kelp---you are back in my hairlife. Giovanni products --- my hair missed you ! ;)

BK Bombshell

Poo: Giovanni Triple Treat

Cons: Giovanni 50/50, Aubrey GPB, Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose, J/A/S/O/N Sea Kelp

Deep Con: Aubrey GPB, Giovanni Nutrafix Reconstructor

Leave-in: Giovanni Direct

I'm very happy with all of them. The Aubrey GPB leaves my hair extremely soft and the Giovanni 50/50 and Direct keep my hair moisturized.

Suri

JASON- Biotin Conditioner & Sea Kelp

Aubrey Organics- Island Naturals Replenishing Conditioner (thick)

Nature's Gate**-Hemp Nourishing Conditioner, Jojoba Revitalizing Conditioner & Awapuhi Conditioner. They also have a Jojoba Revitalizing Masque that is great.

Morocco Organics-Instant Diamond Crystal Mist (it's moisturzing) & EURO Organic Oil are also good products.

atlien11

Here are the organic products i use (and i love them!!):

Jane Carter Solution Creme Hairdress
Giovanni Direct
Burts Bees Rosemary Mint Shampoo Bar
JASON Thin-to-thick Conditioner w/ peppermint EO added
JASON Sea Kelp Conditioner
Shea Butter
Aubrey Organics (all of their conditioners, and i do mean all of them)

I didnt have any luck with Natures Gate. It made my hair feel funny :confused:

rosalindb

Pre-poo: Aubrey GBP with Organic Virgin Coconut Oil & Organic Honey
Shampoo: Jason Sea Kelp Moisturising shampoo / Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
Conditioner: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose (also use for co-washes)
Conditioner: Deep condition with Anita Grant Rhassoul Condish (once a month)
Spritz: Water, Glycerine, Organic Essential Oils & Giovanni Direct Leave in
Styling: Anita Grant whipped butter
Other: Shea butter (overnight treatment), Castor Oil (for my ends).

I have just bought Organic Safflower Oil and will try this as a hot oil treatment.

Last edited:

morehairplease

Suri said:
JASON- Biotin Conditioner & Sea Kelp

Aubrey Organics- Island Naturals Replenishing Conditioner (thick)

Nature's Gate**-Hemp Nourishing Conditioner, Jojoba Revitalizing Conditioner & Awapuhi Conditioner. They also have a Jojoba Revitalizing Masque that is great.

Morocco Organics-Instant Diamond Crystal Mist (it's moisturzing) & EURO Organic Oil are also good products.

Hi Suri,

Do you mind telling me where you purchased this?
tia,
tishee

morehairplease

rosalindb said:
Pre-poo: Aubrey GBP with Organic Virgin Coconut Oil & Organic Honey
Shampoo: Jason Sea Kelp Moisturising shampoo / Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
Conditioner: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose (also use for co-washes)
Conditioner: Deep condition with Anita Grant Rhassoul Condish (once a month)
Spritz: Water, Glycerine, Organic Essential Oils & Giovanni Direct Leave in
Styling: Anita Grant whipped butter
Other: Shea butter (overnight treatment), Castor Oil (for my ends).

I have just bought Organic Safflower Oil and will try this as a hot oil treatment.

awesome looking list rosalindb! I am ordering AG's condish & whipped butter.

rosalindb

tishee said:
awesome looking list rosalindb! I am ordering AG's condish & whipped butter.
Let me know what you think of them. Are you going to order the Goodie Box sampler?

Last edited:

carameldiva

i use organic products as well.

Poos: liquid castile soap- www.thechemistrystore.com , almond castile soap, almond castile soap with organic shea butter and liquid black soap- www.drwoodsproducts.com or www.myvitanet.com , Dr. Bronner's tea tree castile soap and Dr. Bronner's lavender castile soap , Trader Joe's liquid cstile soap (peppermint) Also, hemp shampoo and neem shampoo (www.wellnaturally.com)

Conditioners: Trader Joe's Refresh conditioner, Trader Joe's Essential Conditioner, Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner, hemp conditioner and rich creamy conditioner base (www.wellnaturally.com)

Leave-in: honey, glycerin, liquid aloe vera and castor oil

morehairplease

rosalindb said:
Let me know what you think of it? Are you going to order the Goodie Box sampler?

will do! I am getting the scent one w/the lemon spong cake whipped butter. I saw that she is going to have poo bars listed on her site at the end of June & I would love to try her hair herbs(nettle & horsetail).

rosalindb

tishee said:
will do! I am getting the scent one w/the lemon spong cake whipped butter. I saw that she is going to have poo bars listed on her site at the end of June & I would love to try her hair herbs(nettle & horsetail).
I am also looking forward to trying the shampoo bars when they come out. I have the Blue Malva and Nettles herbs but have not used them consistently but I will start to incorporate them into my regime next week. I am also going to order the Organic Rose Petals as I want to replace the plain water in my spritz for rosewater.

morehairplease

rosalindb said:
I am also looking forward to trying the shampoo bars when they come out. I have the Blue Malva and Nettles herbs but have not used them consistently but I will start to incorporate them into my regime next week. I am also going to order the Organic Rose Petals as I want to replace the plain water in my spritz for rosewater.

oh, let me know how the blue malva & nettle work out. I searched nappturality.com yesterday and found a someone's post about rosewater(using organic rose petals) and put that on my list as well.;)

rosalindb

tishee said:
oh, let me know how the blue malva & nettle work out. I searched nappturality.com yesterday and found a someone's post about rosewater(using organic rose petals) and put that on my list as well.;)
I will let you know :)