Organic Relaxed Hair Care Products

mellipoo143

Hey Ladies!

Just wondering if any relaxed heads could recommend some organic products that they use on their hair post-relaxer! I'm talking shampoos, conditioners, leave-ins, gels, and heat protectants, y'all. I don't wanna go back to a bunch of parabens, cones, sulfates, mineral oil and wax after years of being an organic natural :nono:

I just read another thread on LHCF that mentioned that Keracare was going to start phasing organic products into their product line over the next few years; that's awesome, but I need something I can buy right NOW.

Have any of you tried to use products marketed for naturals on your relaxed hair? How'd it turn out? Would you recommend it?

I found one website that manufactures organic products specifically "for Relaxed Hair" (http://www.justnaturalskincare.com/...xed-black-african-american-hair-products.html), but I don't trust the reviews on the website. :smirk: Anyone here ever tried their stuff?

Thanks ladies!

nerdography

I use products meant for naturals on my hair, and it seems to like it.

I co-wash with As I Am Coocnut Co-Wash. DC with Eden Bodyworks Jojoba Monoi. And my leave-in is Giovanni. Not made for natural hair, but it's organic.

sckri23

Motions salon herbals-naturally inspired for relaxed and natural hair

Its mostly natural ingredients

Britt

For years i've been using products geared towards natural hair before it became a real trend. I just started using products and noticed that my hair took a real liking to it. Some of the products I've used over the years:

Giovanni direct leave in
Giovanni tea tree and moisturizing conditioner
I stay w/ a bottle of Elucence MB
Kenra MC is also a staple
Nexus Emergencee
KBB hair mask
KBB moisture mist
KBB hair nectar / hair milk
Curl Junkie Smoothing lotion
Curl Junkie Deep fix
I still try out different sulfate free poos.

I'm also not a big fan of commercialized products I can readily find in the drug stores / bss. This is not by choice, just happens to be what my hair likes. Only the Nexuss Emergencee is something I buy locally really.

mellipoo143

It seems like a lot of people use Giovanni products; I'll check them out! Thanks ladies!

Brittster, I'm glad to hear that the Curl Junkie works for relaxed hair. I'm a Curl Junkie junkie lol :spinning:

So, no one has used the JustNatural Organic Care line? Oh well...