Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy with Pix

Kitamita

Hi Ladies,

I tried the Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy 30 day straightener. It was pretty easy to apply, took aprox. 1 hr start to finish. Though I did tweak it a bit I only my flat iron only goes up to 375f instead of 450 "yikes" and I only did 5 passes on each section instead of 7-10 as directed. But all in all it's pretty straight. I'll see how much curl is left after I wash it in about a week. I have 3c/4a tex-laxed hair. If you ladies have any good sulfate free shampoo/conditioners let me know. I bought the Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy poo, but if you know of a better one...

Attachments

• 124_4085.jpg
    124_4085.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 486
  • 124_4090.jpg
    124_4090.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 463
  • 124_4091.jpg
    124_4091.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 512
  • 124_4093.jpg
    124_4093.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 516

bluevalentine

very pretty!

this might be a dumb question but i'm used to seeing organix products in the drugstore, are they selling bkt's in the drugstore now?

Kitamita

very pretty!

this might be a dumb question but i'm used to seeing organix products in the drugstore, are they selling bkt's in the drugstore now?

Well I tried this brand to see if I would like Bkt, Though I'm not sure it is truly a Bkt as it was only $13 at Walmart :p. There is a thread with the ingredients if you do a search.

Kitamita

Kitamita Did you experience any heavy fumes?

Sorry for the late reply. But no I didn't notice any fumes while using the flat iron. It wasn't an issue and having the product on the hair didn't cause any stickiness either. But not sure if I used the right amount. All the instructions say is don't over saturate.

Kitamita

Kitamita- Have you washed it out yet? If so, how do your curls look? TIA

Here are pix of the wash out. My curls are fine and the new growth is only minimally tamed :p. I might try it again in a week or two to smooth it a bit more. I don't like to put to much heat on my hair. I pulled my hair back in a bun for work and my new growth is nice and wavy and lays pretty well. Sorry no pix of the bun.

Without further ado...

Attachments

• 118_4150.jpg
    118_4150.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 202
  • 118_4155.jpg
    118_4155.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 188
  • 118_4156.jpg
    118_4156.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 198

virtuenow

Hi Ladies,

I tried the Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy 30 day straightener. It was pretty easy to apply, took aprox. 1 hr start to finish. Though I did tweak it a bit I only my flat iron only goes up to 375f instead of 450 "yikes" and I only did 5 passes on each section instead of 7-10 as directed. But all in all it's pretty straight. I'll see how much curl is left after I wash it in about a week. I have 3c/4a tex-laxed hair. If you ladies have any good sulfate free shampoo/conditioners let me know. I bought the Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy poo, but if you know of a better one...

7-10 passes??!! OMGsh! *insert hysterical laughter*. Okay, I'm better now...I didn't know BKT's required that much heat. I mean, I knew the heat ws supposed to be high 450, but 10 passes? How can anyones hair survive that w/reapplications. Does the bkt put some sort of armour of protective coating or barrier over the hair. I assume the answer is yes. I want to give this a try, but now I understand why Brittanynic16's heat train regimen requires so many passes. Will I succomb?? We'll see, I'm going toe to toe on the amount of passes that should be required to get the job done.

sydwrites

Hmm this seems pretty similar to that Liquid Keratin 30 day treatment you can get at Ulta and some other stores. The price is definitely much better though especially with it still giving good results. I tried Liquid Keratin one like three years ago and liked it, but I heard that it would turn blondes kind of brassy which is the same ive read about this one. The Organix doesn't have formaldehyde, but it has a derivative that basically does the same thing. Its Oxoacetamide if anyone wanted to research before buying.

Dove56

I updates pictures in my LHCF album under my profile....

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

MamaBear2012

Dove56, thanks for the update. Did you use the product a second time, or are these pictures from a couple of months ago? I've seen great reviews for this product, but I'm still a little scared to try it.

Dove56

Dove56, thanks for the update. Did you use the product a second time, or are these pictures from a couple of months ago? I've seen great reviews for this product, but I'm still a little scared to try it.

Cam,

I actually did my hair on April 19th and washed it on April 21st. If you are a little scared pick the curliest part of hair and then pick a part of your hair with the least amount of curl and see how it responds. Give it a couple of weeks and just see how it feels and what you like or don't like about it. :yep:
I'm liking it so far. :yep:

biancaelyse

Interesting thread. I think I'll try this over the weekend. I love my curls but would be okay straightening once in a while.

yardyspice

biancaelyse Your hair won't revert. I tried it after reading this thread and others and some parts of my hair are straight even though I did everything to protect my hair.

Interesting thread. I think I'll try this over the weekend. I love my curls but would be okay straightening once in a while.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I'm natural with braids right now. Do you think I could use this as soon as I take out my braids or should I wait before applying. I'm going to go to my CVS today and see if they have it in stock.