Organix on Sale at CVS

cmbodley

I haven't tried it yet, but SUPPOSEDLY the Shea Butter is the one plus this entire line is Sulfate free. I bought it and will see.

cmbodley

I found this is originally posted by Aloof One 6/25/08....

Organix Conditioners Review (most of them... Long)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody else been using Organix for a while?

I have been using Organix Conditioners for about 6 months. I tried it once, and to be honest it was so-so. But after a few uses I noticed a real difference. Now that it has been several months I can appreciate the good it has done.
My hair is softer, shinier, and has more swing to it. It is stronger, thicker, and feels soft to the touch. My hair still feels "conditioned" after I rinse it out, and detangling has gotten easier as well overtime. My hair doesn't snap off anymore from combing or brushing. I do not even have to DC for long periods of time, either. I can put the conditioner on, sit for 5-10 minutes... maybe even 3 minutes if I'm in a hurry... then rinse and style. I don't have to add all these other ingredients like honey or oils or other conditioners. I have about 2+ inches of NG that has remained soft, and it makes all of the curls/coils in my hair a lot more defined as well. Even my kinks are better defined now too. My nape has ceased all breakage and is very thick.

Basically the way I use the conditioners is based on the ingredients (and sometimes just the smell). But to be completely honest I think there is something in common with all of them that makes them so great. A lot of the ingredients are the same, but the different ingredients do serve a purpose in each of them. Some have different amounts of protein, and others have more or less silicones or moisturizers in them too. A few have a lot more water than others as well.

Coconut Milk- This conditioner is very moisturizing, and I use it after protein treatments or clarifying or just when I don't have much time because it softens my hair very fast.

Shea Butter- This has IMO the perfect combo of moisture and protein. It is thicker than the coconut milk conditioner and makes detangling very easy. I think this one has a lot more protein than the other conditioners, but it is balanced well. I use this if my hair feels mushy.

Vanilla Silk- This is right in between the coconut milk and shea butter when it comes to the moisture and its consistency. It smells like heaven, makes my curls pop and does a great job eliminating frizz. I like to airdry with this one as a leave-in because it keeps my hair smooth.

White Tea Grapeseed- I think the smell is too much like tea but it feels so smooth and slippery on my hair, and it leaves it very shiny even when I don't have the conditioner on anymore. I have only used this twice but it definitely may be my favorite. I plan to use it as a DC.

Teatree Mint- I love the smell, and even after I have rinsed my hair and blowdried I can still smell the mint. My hair feels strong, my scalp feels clean, and I feel refreshed after I use this one. This conditioner wakes me up and has me smelling my hair all day, no other conditioner besides bioInfusions Rosemary Mint has done that.

Anyway, please post if you have tried the others, I would love to know how they have worked out. These were the only ones I could find in stores. I hate to sound bandwagonish, but I'm convinced that these are some of the best conditioners I have ever used. I have tried some expensive stuff, but for the price and the time they last, they just aren't worth it IMO. Organix is 7 dollars at the most, and the bottle lasts a good long time. The smell actually stays on my hair (which I happen to like) and it isn't runny or too thick. I can use them as a leave-in, regular conditioner, cowash with it, DC, prepoo, whatever and they are just great either way. Just awesome.

ETA to add spacing between the shampoos

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I was sent the Pomegrante and I used it for a Henna Rinse out.:perplexed It smelled very good, kept my hair soft, and I did like the consistency of the product.:yep:

But TBH, I really can't judge the effectiveness of it, since I used it simply to rinse out Henna/Indigo and I've only used it that one time.:ohwell:

For $4.99 if it is working for you GREAT!!!! I would not be opposed to trying it again, but I probably wouldn't pay $7.00 for it.:nono:

The scent is Excellent!:grin:

BEAUTYU2U

It's a staple :yep: Like the other post said, it's not gonna be a WOW the first time. But I've noticed a difference in my hair when I use it regularly or stop using it all. It's consistent, not too expensive, and readily available.

I have tried the Coconut Milk shampoo & conditioner, Shea Butter conditioner, and Pomegranate conditioner. The Coconut Milk conditioner had too much protein for me (all the products have protein) and the Pomegranate conditioner was kinda thin (probably would be great on looser textures) I prefer the Coconut Milk shampoo and Shea Butter conditioner combo. The shampoo reminds me of a clarifying shampoo without the stripping feeling. The Shea Butter conditioner is super rich and thick - I love it! I'm wondering what the shampoo feels like ....

I'm still wanting to try the Mocha Espresso and Vanilla Silk lines. If not, the Coconut Milk shampoo & Shea Butter conditioner are still favorites! :yep:

Newtogrow

:yep: Every once and awhile, there's a B1G1 sale at Walgreen's. That's when I stock up. If you do weekly washing/conditioning, a bottle will last for a few months.

I just bought a big bottle from BJ's yesterday for $8.99 of the Coconut Cond. I liked the texture so I bought it. I looked up reviews on here after I bought it, so I wasn't sure of the regular price. I was originally going to by HE HH but liked Organix a little better.

BEAUTYU2U

I heard they were offering bigger bottle sizes, I just haven't seen them around these parts yet. Sounds great. HE HH wasn't such a big deal for me, I didn't repurchase it but I have stuck with Organix throughout my entire HHJ.

cmbodley

I just bought a big bottle from BJ's yesterday for $8.99 of the Coconut Cond. I liked the texture so I bought it. I looked up reviews on here after I bought it, so I wasn't sure of the regular price. I was originally going to by HE HH but liked Organix a little better.
What is BJ's?

empressri

I used the mocha expresso the other day....did NOT like it. Used it as a leave in for a braidout and my hair felt like hell time to wash it out. Gave it to my bff today.

♦K.O♦

I love the coconut, passion fruit,and cucumber. These have become staples.

I was hoping for a BOGO Sale, but 4.99 isnt bad.

Adaoba2012

I've only used the shea butter shampoo and nothing else. It gets my hair very clean yet it's sulfate free. My hair doesn't feel dry afterwards either. I think I need to restock since its on sale at CVS...which is where I work :lol:

Last edited:

empressri

Do tell. :yep:

What didn't you like about it?

omg my hair felt sooooo dry!!!!! i had to use two different kinds of shampoo with a sulfate to get it all out. well...i should have just used one with straight SLS instead of whichever one i used first. it felt coated and tangly too. wasn't feeling it. i think it has cyclomethicone which my hair wasn't too keen on. i can take amodimethicone with no prob.

BEAUTYU2U

^ I haven't found it in my CVS or Walgreen's yet but I'll your review in mind. That doesn't sound too good. :nono:

Mzz Mac

Vanilla Silk conditioner is really nice. It's the only one I've tried.
Too bad it's hard to find in stores anymore.

SmilingElephant

OMG THANK YOU!!! I HAVE to get me some more Vanilla Silk!!! And i wanna try the Shea Butter!!

But the Vanilla Silk conditioner is freakin AWESOME!!:yep:

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
I love their Coconut shampoo and use it only for co-washing. It melts my NG and leaves a nice scent behind that doesn't linger for long. I purchased mines at BJ's, its the huge bottle for only $8.

BEAUTYU2U

I love their Coconut shampoo and use it only for co-washing. It melts my NG and leaves a nice scent behind that doesn't linger for long. I purchased mines at BJ's, its the huge bottle for only $8.

I started using it when I was transitioning, it made the NG and the relaxed hair super soft. I've been using it as a natural ever since.