ORS Temple Balm

L

legs71

Has anyone tired this and had successful results? Last summer I decided to give myself a rest from individual braids and get cornrow extensions. Well, it proved to be a disaster because it murdered my temple areas. It has been growing back, but very, very slowly thicker and further out towards my face. Despite my raggedy edges the rest of my hair is growing like weeds. Yesterday I purchased Protectiv cream for thinning edges mainly because it was 4.99 opposed to the ORS Temple Balm which was $10. I just can't make myself pay alot of money for something that is not going to work. I've tried Sulfur 8 and vitamin e oil and it's till growing in slowly. Do you think maybe the cold weather may have something to do with this? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

OnlyErin

I have had pretty nice results with ORS balm, though I haven't used it consistently. Like you, I did the cornrow thing and my hairline paid the price. I read about ORS in Jane Magazine and I bought some not expecting much. I was shocked, then, when my temple hair began to grow in nicely. Then like an idiot I did more cornrows, and the woman braided tooo tight /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif, so now I'm trying the balm again along with overall health improvements and no braiding. It is a little pricey, but it did work for me. Maybe the Profectiv will work just as well, though.

L

legs71

OnlyErin,

I used the Protetiv before, but it wasn't the one for the thinning temples. My hair grew in very nicely. I think I'm going to give this a whirl so my money isn't wasted and see if this helps. Thanks a bunch! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tracy

I used the ORS temple balm for a while for a questionable looking hairline. My edges came in quite rapidly. I had tried Vitamin E, Rosemary Oil and some other things with no results. I know they make a trial size of the temple balm that I've seen in some places. That might be a way to try it for less money.

Just yesterday I saw a tiny box set where you get a trial size of the shampoo, the Hair Mayo and the temple balm - all of them together for far less than any of the individual products costs. It was in Rite Aid on 50th and 8th.

alireno

I've been using the Profectiv for thinning edges along with the rest of their line (with the exception of 3 products) since October. My edges were thin because my mother used to braid my hair so tightly when I was younger. Anyway, my hair has been growing in rather quickly along the edges. I use it in the morning and at night.

beana3

i've used vit e inconsistently and thought i saw some results.. i think it was the surrounding hairs laying down b/c vit e oil is heavy and will hold other hairs in place.

as far as true results, i cannot vouch for vit e at all. My hairline is not a problem per se, but it is something i would like to thicken up. i've been eyeing the temple balm, but my pocket refuses to give up $10 for something that might not work at all. and profectiv doesn't seem too promising for me, i hink i'll just have to part with $10bucks

LondonDiva

Beana like you the profectiv doesn't seem to appealing to me either. Don't ask me how, cause I know I can't judge a products effectiveness just by looking at the package /images/graemlins/confused.gif. Maybe it's to do with the ORS being recommended more on this board.

For anyone that has used both are they just as good as each other?

G

Temple Balm users? do you have to use it indefintely to maintain the results? Thanks.

Kitkat

Bett1e, I don't think you have to use this indefinitely. I bought this about 2 weeks ago, and the package sez to expect results within 8 to 12 weeks. There are no directions requiring you to continue using it to keep up the benefits.

G

Yeah, I noticed the package didn't mention it but some of those bald hair products require indefinite use.