Out of the Ordinary Vitamins for Your Hair Health

Isis

Besides the usual hair vitamins and minerals, what "out of the ordinary" ones do you use for hair growth and health and what have been your results?

I've been using Grape Seed Extract regularly for a couple of months which is supposed to accelerate our hair growth. It's is made from the ground-up seeds of red grapes and the skins and is what makes red wine beneficial. I won't know until I relax my hair how well it has been working but my new growth looks and feels very healthy and thick. My immune system is nice and strong too, one of the benefits.

Here's some info I posted before about it:

Grape Seed Extract: Procyanidin oligomers are naturally derived ingredients from grape seeds that have been shown to stimulate hair growth similarly to Minoxidil (Rogaine®). Recent studies by Japanese scientists have shown that grape seed extracts possess growth stimulation activity toward hair cells. These studies suggest that the active components of grape seeds inhibit the destruction of collagen structures leading to greater overall health of the tiny capillaries that supply energy to the body’s tissues including hair.
Grape seed is available in capsules, tablets, and fluid extracts. Look for products that are standardized to 95% OPC content.

So what are you using besides your usual vitamins and minerals for your hair and what have been your results?

Ayeshia

nothing except a boring old multi

Is the grapeseed extract effective directly from red grapes seeds? I only ask becasue I eat about a 1lb of red grapes/green a day seeds and all no joke. Its my absolute favorite fruit. And this is the first time i've heard something beneficial coming from grapes besides wine:)

NubianAngel

Hey I just got the craziest idea. Let's start a wine challenge for hair growth! The updates thread should be intoxicatingly hilarious.

Joking

Brooke007

Member, Dumbledore's Army
I’m taking Zylfamend.
I’m taking it for inflammation but it has some good things in it that may promote growth too. It’s too soon to tell though. It has “Supercritical Extracts of Rosemary, Ginger and Oregano With Potency Assured extract of Green Tea, Holy Basil, Turmeric, barberry, Chinese goldthread and Hu Zhang”
A lil more info here: Zyflamend

Ayeshia

[ QUOTE ]
NubianAngel said:
Hey I just got the craziest idea. Let's start a wine challenge for hair growth! The updates thread should be intoxicatingly hilarious.

Joking

[/ QUOTE ]

you are a mess

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:

Is the grapeseed extract effective directly from red grapes seeds? I only ask becasue I eat about a 1lb of red grapes/green a day seeds and all no joke. Its my absolute favorite fruit. And this is the first time i've heard something beneficial coming from grapes besides wine:)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, from those seeds you are alrleady eating - red grapes only though. And those seeds are ground up. I'm not sure if it's good to chew those seeds or not but you may already be getting some benefits Ayeshia.

Off topic: besides red wine, 100% grape juice has benefits too for health and weight loss. It has to be 100% grape juice from red/purple grapes, like Welch's.

Ayeshia

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, from those seeds you are alrleady eating - red grapes only though. And those seeds are ground up. I'm not sure if it's good to chew those seeds or not but you may already be getting some benefits Ayeshia.

Off topic: besides red wine, 100% grape juice has benefits too for health and weight loss. It has to be 100% grape juice from red/purple grapes, like Welch's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just swallow them whole
Cheery seeds too. I know thats bad but what the heck Ive been doing it since I can remember. A lot of info has come up with grapes. I remember i was reading a mag a few years back in some mag that said to avoid grapes because of its high sugar content. But I think that was before they began to do all the intensive research on fresh fruits and veggies. Thanks for responding Isis

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
Brooke007 said:
I’m taking Zylfamend.
I’m taking it for inflammation but it has some good things in it that may promote growth too. It’s too soon to tell though. It has “Supercritical Extracts of Rosemary, Ginger and Oregano With Potency Assured extract of Green Tea, Holy Basil, Turmeric, barberry, Chinese goldthread and Hu Zhang”
A lil more info here: Zyflamend

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the link Brooke007. I never heard of Zylfamend but keep us updated if you have any good results. It looks like it has very good herbs in it.