Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega Tek Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustKiya

Ok Ladies witn natural 4a/b hair.

I have no idea. I can not tell if my hair is growing or not. Are you all using OCT, MT. or both?

Are you rinsing or leaving it on your scalp?

Do you add oil? or apply it straight?

Isn't shrinkage delightful? I'm using MT. I mix it with castor oil, vitamin E oil, SAA and honeyquat, right now, but I plan on changing that to just MT and the oils, and much less oil, too. I apply to my scalp every night, and I wash/rinse my hair twice a week.

If I'm not cosistent with it (at a minimum, 3 days a week, every week) I don't see much growth, but steady thickness. If I get up to 5 days a week, then I start seeing more reassuring growth.

And of course, there's shrinkage. :lol:

I'm becoming more and more tempted to try the OCT, as well. :look: I'm going to wait, though, for a while. Maybe I'll be like Aggie and get some for my birthday.... :lachen:

4mia

hi i just ordered a bottle of mt and the shine detangler from vetvalley?. I hope to get it soon so i can join you guys

LoveLiLi

I am natural too and I wear my hair straightened because I have some hair "issues". I was having the same problem because the hair does revert. I also get a sticky build up after two days w/o washing (it may be because of the heat, it is still close to 100 here). I decieded at the beginning of this week to co-wash and roller set. I leave a little of the ovations condish on my hair as a setting lotion and roll. Let it dry. Then I wrap it to go to sleep and the next morning it is fairly straight with nice body. It keeps my ends safe from heat and the nightly wrap keeps my roots flat after I apply my MT before bed. HTH

Thanks, I'm going to try this routine next week and see how it works out.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Hi ladies, I haven't posted in a minute but just stopped by to say hi. I am still using my MT 3x's per week. I have major shedding and started on the garlic pills.

Thanks shimmie, I will be making the paste and increasing the garlic pills. I do notice my hair thickening up a lot. It will be 5 weeks since I started. It looks like I will reach wl full unstretched by Dec 2008 which will be early ( keeping fingers crossed). Thanks again ladies and happy hair growing.
The Garlic/Oil mix is a Hair Saver for sure. :yep: It's 'messy' :lol: (the oil will run down your neck), but just keep a small towel around your neck, until you rinse the oil mixture from your hair.

Don't overload on taking the Garlic pills. :nono: You should be fine taking 1-2 a day, but 3 is the max.

Taking care of our hair is a process, it takes time, but we will get the beautiful results that we are hoping for. :yep:

Happy Hair Growth to you.....

Shimmie

Staff member
I'm sorry if I missed it but what makes the Ovation so much better for length? Is there anything I can add to Mega-tek to get the same amount of growth as the Ovation? Thanks!
RaeCam, this is a good question and I don't have the answer, only the Results :lol: .

NOW, I DO have this theory. Because Mega Tek builds the hair (Cell Builder), the increase in Volume (the hair thickness) causes us to not notice the length. Our hair only appears not to be as long.

With Ovation, my hair just 'took off', literally. It just grew in length, but it did not increase in thickness the way Mega Tek did.

Why it works that way, I don't know. But as long as we have healthy hair, it can't be a bad thing. We are still getting great results from these products. :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
Re: For Angel Snuckles and Newbies - How to Use OCT and MT

Thanks Shimmie. I a sort of a Newbie I started this in August. I did not know we were supposed to rinse the MT out I was leaving it on my scalp:ohwell:

We are supposed to rinse it out??? :ohwell:
Hi Angel :giveheart:

You can do either / or. As I shared in the notes above, when I'm sleepy, I go to bed with it still on. In that case, I rinse out the next day before applying it again. I simply do a conditoner wash.

I do not recommend re-applying the product on top of the application from the day or night before. It's like adding protein on top of more protein.

Again, here's the key: Make this an EASY regime. Do what works for you. Just don't allow the product to accumulate on your scalp. Always begin with a fresh scalp before applying more product. It's too much protein.

And I highly recommend Conditioner Washes, not shampoo on such a frequent basis. Keeping the hair hyrdrated / conditioned is important.

belle_reveuse28

RaeCam, this is a good question and I don't have the answer, only the Results :lol: .

NOW, I DO have this theory. Because Mega Tek builds the hair (Cell Builder), the increase in Volume (the hair thickness) causes us to not notice the length. Our hair only appears not to be as long.

With Ovation, my hair just 'took off', literally. It just grew in length, but it did not increase in thickness the way Mega Tek did.

Why it works that way, I don't know. But as long as we have healthy hair, it can't be a bad thing. We are still getting great results from these products. :yep:

Oh man! Why'd you have to say that? LOL I was trying my best not to order Ovation, it's sooo expensive! I know people been saying that, but darn! I really thought I wasn't gonna have to buy it, but looking at your results and what you've said, I might just have to now! Geesh! :wallbash:

CurlyMoo

Oh man! Why'd you have to say that? LOL I was trying my best not to order Ovation, it's sooo expensive! I know people been saying that, but darn! I really thought I wasn't gonna have to buy it, but looking at your results and what you've said, I might just have to now! Geesh! :wallbash:

People are getting amazing results with both. MT does increase length and thickness. I'm sticking with MT for now.

AlkalineSteam

Don't overload on taking the Garlic pills. :nono: You should be fine taking 1-2 a day, but 3 is the max.

How many mg are you of garlic oil supplements does this equate to or do you recommend? Different brands have different amounts. For example, I was taking my husband's odorless garlic supplements which were the equivalent to 300mg of fresh garlic. I ditched those and bought some with odor ( yum, garlic burpies :lick:) that are the equivalent of 1500mg of fresh garlic. I'm just curious what the other shedders are taking/using/recommending.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
How many mg are you of garlic oil supplements does this equate to or do you recommend? Different brands have different amounts. For example, I was taking my husband's odorless garlic supplements which were the equivalent to 300mg of fresh garlic. I ditched those and bought some with odor ( yum, garlic burpies :lick:) that are the equivalent of 1500mg of fresh garlic. I'm just curious what the other shedders are taking/using/recommending.
I take the 300 mg. capsules. No more than 3 per day which equals 900 mg. total and the increase only as needed, which is very seldom.

I wouldn't go over 1500 a day. Garlic is a blood thinner, which is good, but too much is not good. And there are other things in our diets that are blood thinners, such as Vitamin E.

It's just a matter of precaution. ESPECIALLY if someone has a surgical procedure of any kind coming up. Your doctor will (SHOULD) tell you to stop taking any vitamins such as Vitamin E, Garlic and even Aspirin until after the surgery. I'm speaking even minor surgical procedures, not just major ones.

Taking Garlic 'overload' just to stop shedding isn't worth the health risks. Even if one does not have a surgical procedure forthcoming, don't discount a minor accident which may cause bleeding of some kind. A person does not want to have their system so thinned out that it won't clot, when it's supposed to.

Everyone, go easy on the Garlic supplements that you take internally. Your hair will stop shedding. The external care of applying the 'Garlic/Oil' will stop the shedding. Or the Garlic Conditioners such as Alter Ego and also Nutrine.

From reading more of this thread, I feel responsible for not sharing this sooner when I talked about taking Garlic. I assumed that the Garlic intake was lower than I've been reading in some of the posts in this thread.

I have to add this to the Newbie post.

Blessings Angel... :giveheart:

Shimmie

Staff member
People are getting amazing results with both. MT does increase length and thickness. I'm sticking with MT for now.

You're right CurlyMoo... Both products give length, amazingly. It's just more noticeable with the Ovation. But it doesn't mean that Mega Tek is not lengthening just as fast. I think the thickness from Mega Tek hides the length. The length is there, but the thickness makes it less obvious.

Am I making any sense, here? :lol:

Jenaee

Hi ladies - The last picture is my starting point for this challenge. I am presently 6 weeks post, hope to make it to 12 weeks - wishful thinking. Thanks for all of the great posts.

That's wonderful growth in your siggie foganni!!!! What product are you using?

Shimmie

Staff member
:lol: I'm sorry. Stay with the Mega Tek. I'm using both and my hair is still growing.... :yep:

Kimiche

Thanks Shimmie. I a sort of a Newbie I started this in August. I did not know we were supposed to rinse the MT out I was leaving it on my scalp:ohwell:

I was wondering about this as well. I'm thinking about buying either MT or Ovation (still don't know which one to get, help me out ladies please), and I thought that when I apply it that I could just leave it on the scalp.

Shimmie

Staff member

I was wondering about this as well. I'm thinking about buying either MT or Ovation (still don't know which one to get, help me out ladies please), and I thought that when I apply it that I could just leave it on the scalp.
Mega Tek... you can't lose with either one. :yep:

You CAN leave it on our scalp, but make sure your scalp is clean before you apply more of the product for the next treatement. Don't allow the product to 'build up' on your scalp and hair. It's too much protein. :yep:

Here's My Easy Method: (Note: It took me this long to figure how simple it was to do this :lol:).

1. I Condition Wash my hair. (Use any favorite conditioner)
2. Rinse the Conditioner out.
3. Apply the Ovation or Mega Tek (I alternate them both) to my scalp and gently massage it in.

Now I do one or the other of the following:

I risne it out after at least an hour, then smooth my hair into a loose twisted bun. Wrap with silk scarf, go to bed.

OR if I am too sleepy or tired:

I leave it in overnight, rinse in the morning and smooth my hair into a loose twisted bun and go about my day.

IF, I'm in a rush the following morning:

I don't rinse at all. I just go about my day and when I get home, I start all over again with a conditioner wash.

In the seven months that I've been using these products, I've learned that I don't have to box myself into a corner. My schedule is too busy and it doesn't allow me to do the same thing with my hair each day.

These products are a simple scalp treatment, no different than applying hair oil, etc. I just don't allow it to accumulate on my head, no product build up. I start fresh with each application.

Blessings :giveheart:

JustKiya

:look: I don't bother rinsing it out, at all. Of course, I also don't use enough to allow it to buildup - it's all absorbed into my scalp. I don't oil my scalp, either - I mix them into the MT to make it a single step process.

I apply Sun/Mon/Tues, DC/cowash in twists on Wed and apply on wet hair afterwards, apply Thur/Fri, DC/cowash on loose hair on Sat, and start over by retwisting my hair on Sun before applying the MT.
So, I normally have at least 3 days of 'build-up' at a time - and it's been working for me.

Shimmies post is a wonderful guide, but it's not set in stone - it's a good place to START from, but you still have to create a unique & individual MT/Ovation regimen that works for your hair, habits, and current regimen.

:lol: It's why I strongly suggest that you read both threads - despite how long they are - it gives you a good foundation to create the uniquely perfect reggie for you, by witnessing the trial and error process it took for a lot of us to come up with the uniquely perfect reggie for ourselves.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member

:look: I don't bother rinsing it out, at all. Of course, I also don't use enough to allow it to buildup - it's all absorbed into my scalp. I don't oil my scalp, either - I mix them into the MT to make it a single step process.

I apply Sun/Mon/Tues, DC/cowash in twists on Wed and apply on wet hair afterwards, apply Thur/Fri, DC/cowash on loose hair on Sat, and start over by retwisting my hair on Sun before applying the MT.
So, I normally have at least 3 days of 'build-up' at a time - and it's been working for me.

Shimmies post is a wonderful guide, but it's not set in stone - it's a good place to START from, but you still have to create a unique & individual MT/Ovation regimen that works for your hair, habits, and current regimen.

:lol: It's why I strongly suggest that you read both threads - despite how long they are - it gives you a good foundation to create the uniquely perfect reggie for you, by witnessing the trial and error process it took for a lot of us to come up with the uniquely perfect reggie for ourselves.

You're right, each person HAS to develop their own regime that fits them. But I can say that in the beginning, when I used the Ovation as a leave in, I shedded like crazy. The Garlic was and still is a miracle all in its self.

But when I rinsed, the growth seemed to take off. There's always a build up of product, no matter what we use. And I'm guessing (key word: 'Guessing') that each time I rinsed the product from my scalp it made it easier for the next application to absorb without the previous being a blockage.

Products other than plain water, clog our pores. They just do. Especially and even more so with oil in the mix. There's going to be a blockage of some sort. :yep:

So I strongly suggest (not insist) but suggest that rinsing the product works better for growth than not rinsing and it eliminates shedding.

I've noticed that although it's placed on our scalps, it still gets into our hair; it's unavoidable. :yep: However, that's where the rinse takes care of it. This is still a product made for horses and it's too much protein for humans. Horse hair is still much stronger/coarser than our hair.

We have to use precautions with these products. In the Ovation instructions, it says clearly to rinse the product. I didn't 'take heed' at first, because I wanted long hair....super fast. I shedded instead.

The differnce in my June picture and the September picture is a result of what I am contributing to the garlic, adding Mega Tek for thickness, and the rinsing of the products from my hair.

As I'm reading over these posts, I'm thinking, MYGOD! What are we doing to our hair. There is way too much going on with way too many products here. The henna, the BT's, Indian Oils, and so on.... It's TOO Much.... too, too, much going on.

WE MUST keep this regime simple. I've learned the hard way that these products will work all by themselves, but we still have to use caution in the use of it. We must! We must!

After an hour or so or overnight, these products have done all that they are going to do until your next application. Rinse it out and begin again. My experience has not been in vain.

I can't put at risk the precious hearts coming into this thread, who are hoping against hope, trying one more thing to make their hair grow longer or even grow at all. Some can take it, others can't. I cannot without a good concious not give them the 'cautious' route.

I do not proclaim to know it all... I don't... I never will.

But I do know when something is too much. And this thread has way too much going on and I have contributed to the excessiveness myself. I stand guilty of it. But it was my impatience that prompted me to be excessive by using too many add-ins (additional products, etc.) extended leave ins.

I learned the hard way, to keep the use of this product simple. As a result, my hair grew much longer than I thought it would.

It's heathier now and I have no regrets. I have to shsre this with the newbies and anyone else who is using or even thinking about using these products. Just as I would guard their life, I feel the same way about their hair.

Ladies please........Do not overload on this product. Your hair will STILL grow. :yep: Yes it will! :yep: Look at my pictures from June to September.

Just keep it simple and rinse it out. :heart2:

Last edited:

Zeal

You're right CurlyMoo... Both products give length, amazingly. It's just more noticeable with the Ovation. But it doesn't mean that Mega Tek is not lengthening just as fast. I think the thickness from Mega Tek hides the length. The length is there, but the thickness makes it less obvious.

Am I making any sense, here? :lol:

Thanks curlymoo and shimmie. I was just about to go on line and order the OCT. I will hold off for now and stick with the MT

Zeal

Mega Tek... you can't lose with either one. :yep:

1. I Condition Wash my hair. (Use any favorite conditioner)
2. Rinse the Conditioner out.
3. Apply the Ovation or Mega Tek (I alternate them both) to my scalp and gently massage it in.

Now I do one or the other of the following:

I risne it out after at least an hour, then smooth my hair into a loose twisted bun. Wrap with silk scarf, go to bed.

OR if I am too sleepy or tired:

I leave it in overnight, rinse in the morning and smooth my hair into a loose twisted bun and go about my day.

Blessings :giveheart:

Shimmie, O dear Shimmie. Why are you doing this. You have made me want to purchase the OCT again.:wallbash::wallbash:

Status
Not open for further replies.