Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega Tek Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuckles

:notworthy

Okay everyone let's :kisses: Shimmie!!!

Shimmie that was really sweet of you. What an awesome job!!! I say it again, "You're very special!"

Seriously :notworthy

knottyaaverage

:kiss: I know it's hard to read this thread, but it is what it is. It contains WOMEN and WOMEN talk to each other and the stronger the bonds we have with each other, the more we talk.

Shoot, don't get me on the phone... :lachen:

Okay --- back to the Hair.....

Girl please. Just talk about the bloodclot MT. Girl bye!

cocoberry10

Ladies! I've only been using it for a few days, but for some reason MT is making my hair softer. I haven't mixed it with anything yet. We'll see how it goes. I heard a lot of you say it makes your hair hard b/c of protein

I've been taking garlic pills for a little over 1.5 weeks to combat shedding:yep:

*closer*2*my*dreams*

my hair is softer too...but i think that's because i began using glycerin/water/saa/ and honeyquat as a moisturizer 9i was so afraid of having hard hair too) but it's the softest it has ever been!

JustKiya

My hair is softer too - I've actually been kinda - puzzled/concerned by it. It's - well, it's softer than it's EVER been - and it's not breaking, easier, or anything it's just - different. Unexpectedly different, at that.

I was JUST thinking about this on my way home from work last night when I was playing with a twist in back....

I assumed it was the oils I mixed it with, but now cocoberry10, I'm wondering, since you are using yours straight. :scratchch Hrrrm.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Dearest Shimmie! :kiss::kiss:

You are the greatest! Your hair has grown tremendously!! WOW!!! :wow::wow:

And, thanks so very much for the shortcuts. Very, very helpful and useful. I hope all of us will contribute as well. :yay::woohoo2::club::rocker:

Love you muchly! :blowkiss:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
So according to the post above, mega tek does not increase growth/lengthen it only strengthen,,,

Mega Tek does both, but Ovation lengthens hair a lot faster. I don't know why, but it does.

You will STILL get great length from Mega Tek. To be honest, go with the Mega Tek and get both thickness and length.

Shimmie

Staff member
^^Thank you so much Shimmie for this post!! This is so wonderful of you to do this!:hug2:

WOW SHIMMIE!!! YOU WORK FAST!!!

She does, doesn't she!?!? :lol: Go head, Ms. Shimmie! Shoot, gets me off the hook!

:dance7: Shimmie Shimie CoCo Pop!!!:lachen: This thread needed that fa sho!

Shimmie that was really sweet of you. What an awesome job!!! I say it again, "You're very special!"

I think megatek increases length, but the thickness comes before the length. but it may be different for everyone.

Dearest Shimmie! :kiss::kiss:

You are the greatest! Your hair has grown tremendously!! WOW!!! :wow::wow:

And, thanks so very much for the shortcuts. Very, very helpful and useful. I hope all of us will contribute as well. :yay::woohoo2::club::rocker:

Love you muchly! :blowkiss:

Shimmie that was so nice of you to do that for the newbies. Your avatar is just stunning. Grow that hair sweetness.

Ladies it is "I" who thanks each of you, instead. I know how it feels to search for answers and also how it feels to want to give the Right answers. It's frustrating for everyone.

But that what all of us are here for, to help each other in this journey. I care about all of you. I truly mean this.

I just added a few more notes to the post (#3567 :lol:) and I will continue to add to it as much as I can.

Okay......... group hug :grouphug: love circle :circle: and my heart to each of you. :love3:

Now.......grow that hair. You can and will do it. What is it we say with President Obama "YES WE CAN"! :yep: Yes you can! :rocker: Swang dat hair!

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member

Snuckles I 'heard' your heart and it made a difference ; you matter. :kiss:

CurlyMoo

I can't keep my tongue any longer. If we are going to direct newbies to read through this thread because it contains sooooo much information, let's not clog it up with chit-chat that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. I see this thread is 356 pages long and is quite intimidating for someone coming along. All I ask, and I assume others feel the same way, is that you put the idle chit-chat in a PM or another thread.

Okay, now that I got that off my chest, I need to go back and catch up before going back into lurkdom.

ETA what I mean by idle chit-chat is conversations about things other then hair & this product.

Well, excuse us. :rolleyes: Opps, idle chit-chat. :lachen: BTW, welcome to the challenge and if you have any questions some of us will answer them.

Last edited:

CurlyMoo

My hair is softer too - I've actually been kinda - puzzled/concerned by it. It's - well, it's softer than it's EVER been - and it's not breaking, easier, or anything it's just - different. Unexpectedly different, at that.

I was JUST thinking about this on my way home from work last night when I was playing with a twist in back....

I assumed it was the oils I mixed it with, but now cocoberry10, I'm wondering, since you are using yours straight. :scratchch Hrrrm.

I'm using MT and my hair is super soft. I'm using MT straight along with the Cream Rinse and Botanical spray. But when I apply MT to my hair after a wash it is REALLY soft. It does not behave like a heavy protein would. Even when I DC with it.:yep: I'm thinking about just using MT as a DC once a week and a 10 minute conditioner (no heat) once a week. Instead of also leaving on my scalp twice a week. Just to make my regimen even more simple.

LoveLiLi

Hi Ladies, I need a little help over here.

I'm on my third bottle of Ovation and I would love to keep using it, but I have a dilemma. I'm natural and I have been straighteing my hair lately. I recently started to apply Ovation at least three times a week (I'm trying to get those Nice'N'Wavy results), but it makes my hair revert at the roots.

If this just meant that I had to walk around with wavy roots and straight hair, then I'd do that. But it's more than that - my hair gets tangled and hard to comb through, so I have to brush it a-lot to get a smooth bun and I end up losing waaay more hair than I normally would with my hair straightened.

I love my natural texture, but I want to wear my hair straight while I grow it out because I need to brush my hair in its natural state to get it to look neat/smooth in a bun and we all know what excessive brushing leads to: SPLIT ENDS. I had countless split ends and had to get a trim (more like a cut) last week to get my hair back to a healthy state. It's short now, but I know I can grow it out in no time using ovation.

I can't wear it natural without getting a bunch of split ends and the Ovation is reverting my roots, so I end up losing handfuls of hair when I comb. What can I do? Ladies, please offer some advice here. If I mix the Ovation with jojoba or castor oil, do you think my roots won't revert? I don't want to give up the Ovation. I've been thinking of trying Shea-mu oil or the Komaza Hair Nourishing oil, but I don't think those products would give the same results as Ovation. :perplexed

grnidmonster

I am natural too and I wear my hair straightened because I have some hair "issues". I was having the same problem because the hair does revert. I also get a sticky build up after two days w/o washing (it may be because of the heat, it is still close to 100 here). I decieded at the beginning of this week to co-wash and roller set. I leave a little of the ovations condish on my hair as a setting lotion and roll. Let it dry. Then I wrap it to go to sleep and the next morning it is fairly straight with nice body. It keeps my ends safe from heat and the nightly wrap keeps my roots flat after I apply my MT before bed. HTH

Hi Ladies, I need a little help over here.

I'm on my third bottle of Ovation and I would love to keep using it, but I have a dilemma. I'm natural and I have been straighteing my hair lately. I recently started to apply Ovation at least three times a week (I'm trying to get those Nice'N'Wavy results), but it makes my hair revert at the roots.

If this just meant that I had to walk around with wavy roots and straight hair, then I'd do that. But it's more than that - my hair gets tangled and hard to comb through, so I have to brush it a-lot to get a smooth bun and I end up losing waaay more hair than I normally would with my hair straightened.

I love my natural texture, but I want to wear my hair straight while I grow it out because I need to brush my hair in its natural state to get it to look neat/smooth in a bun and we all know what excessive brushing leads to: SPLIT ENDS. I had countless split ends and had to get a trim (more like a cut) last week to get my hair back to a healthy state. It's short now, but I know I can grow it out in no time using ovation.

I can't wear it natural without getting a bunch of split ends and the Ovation is reverting my roots, so I end up losing handfuls of hair when I comb. What can I do? Ladies, please offer some advice here. If I mix the Ovation with jojoba or castor oil, do you think my roots won't revert? I don't want to give up the Ovation. I've been thinking of trying Shea-mu oil or the Komaza Hair Nourishing oil, but I don't think those products would give the same results as Ovation. :perplexed

Mandy4610

I just bought my MT. Can I still join this challenge?
I still have a little BT that I would like to use up, do you ladies think it would be ok to mix the BT with a little MT just so I can finish it up and also to get rid of the oiliness?

TIA

CurlyMoo

I just bought my MT. Can I still join this challenge?
I still have a little BT that I would like to use up, do you ladies think it would be ok to mix the BT with a little MT just so I can finish it up and also to get rid of the oiliness?

TIA

WELCOME MANDY!:creatures

Of course you can still join. I only joined a few weeks ago. I think there are a few ladies that do mix BT with MT. Not sure. Good luck and Happy growing. :yay:

jamaicalovely

Re: For Angel Snuckles and Newbies - How to Use OCT and MT

Snuckles This is Just for You! :kiss:

Attention Newbies!

Help Notes for using Ovation Cell Therapy an Mega Tek

Rule #1 - Forget reading this entire thread. :lachen: Yes...forget it. It's too overwhelming and you only be more confused on use of these products.

Rule # 1 - I am ON PURPOSE omitting all of the EXTRA's (even my extras I've shared in earlier posts) that so many us have listed in our regimes.

I am posting the Simple Method which is ALL anyone needs to follow.

Rule #3 - Relax and Allow your Hair to Grow...It will.

Steps for Using these products that WORK!

I. Ovation Hair Care System

www.ovationhair.com

Main Product in this system that produces Growth:

Ovation Cell Therapy - The Growth Product

http://www.ovationhair.com/OvationStore.asp?ac=lk&cat=2

How to use:

1. Apply to scalp as you would hair oil or hair grease and gently massage into your scalp with the pads (soft part) of your fingers.

2. Leave on your scalp for at least an hour then rinse your scalp with lukewarm water and proceed with your favorite hair conditioner. Place in protective style.

3. OR --- leave in overnight and rinse out in the morning. Place hair in protective style.

That's it. You're done!

3. How often? At least 3 times a week. Each night is fine, but 3 times a week is plenty. I know because I've done so.

You do not need all three Ovation products. Although I have the complete system, I mainly use the Cell Therapy.

II. Mega Tek -- Same as above

1. Apply to scalp as you would a scalp conditoner or hair grease.
2. Gently massage the prduct into scalp with soft pads of your fingers.
3. Leave in at least one hour or overnight.
4. Rinse out, condition hair with favorite hair conditioner.
5. Put hair in protective style.

Which Product does what?

Mega Tek will thicken your hair -- fast! It will also strenghten your hair which will lenghten your hair.

Ovation Cell Therapy will lengthen your hair --- fast! It just doesn't thicken as quickly as the Mega Tek does. But it sure gives the length.

Shampooing your hair....

As often or as little as you wish. I use shampoo only once a month.

However, at least 3 times a week, I Condition-Wash with my favorite conditioner. After I rinse, the conditioner out, I apply either Ovation or Mega Tek to my scalp. If I'm sleepy, I leave it in overnight.

I even go out in public with this product in my hair. Ain't nobody gonna grow my hair but me, so I could care less about what anyone thinks.

Key Principle - Make it easy on yourself. The only method to focus upon is that this is a scalp treatment. And it's not complicated :lol:

Do your thing with it and forget about all of the extras, such as the oils, and whatever else you've been reading. You DO NOT NEED IT!

Oiling Your Scalp:

Only if you want to. And if so, use either Castor Oil or Jojoba Oil or Emu Oil. They are growth oils.

If you want to mix a little oil with the Ovation or Mega Tek, you can, but you do not have to. It's only an option. However, if you do, only use Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil or Emu Oil. Again, these are growth oils.

SHEDDING

It's happens, but do not panick. I had major shedding after the 3rd week of Ovation, but I survived and so did my hair. :yep:

Garlic saved the day and my hair and my nerves :nervous2: Garlic stops the shedding.

Garlic Tabs:

Internally: Take 1 -3 tablets per day. That's all you need. Don't overload on this because it's not necessary.

Externally: Make a garlic paste as follows:

About 1 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder (not Garlic Salt -- Powder only)

Mix with with enough Castor Oil (or Olive Oil or Jojoba Oil) to make a thin paste.

Apply this Garlic paste onto and into your entire head, hair and scalp. Cover your head with plastic cap and leave this mixture on your head for a least one hour. YOU DO NOT NEED HEAT!. Your body heat is quite sufficient. I use one of those gold mylar (foil) plastic caps and it truly heats up my hair on its own. :yep:

Now wash your hair with a mild shampoo and then condition your hair. Place into a protective style and Smile! :grin: Cause your shedding has just been 'checked' ... :up:

Now if you want to spend extra money, you can purchase the Alter Ego Garlic Hair cream conditioner. I love this product and it smells so light and fresh and it works! :yep:

Here's one of many links for the product:

http://www.ibeautyny.com/goods_detail.asp?goodsIdx=2157

Moisture:

Keep your hair moisturized as well. Do what you know is best for moisturizing your hair. Use your favorite DC's (Deep conditioning products/regimes). Just make it easy for YOU. That's the Key --- making it easy for you to maintain.

Other Proteins:

Stay away from them. Both of these products are protein heavy and you do not need other proteins. It will dry your hair.

Here's a Treat for your Hair:

"The Kiya Fizzie" --- The KF Solution from our family member "Just Kiya"

Add a little Sea Salt (1/2 teaspoon) to a huge handful of your favorite hair conditioner. Any conditioner of your choice.

Mix well and apply to your hair. Cover with Plasic cap for at least an hour. Rinse out and your hair will be as soft as can be. This also Relaxes the ends of your hair. See pic #4 in my siggy pikistrip. Treat yourself to the Kiya Fizzie once a week. Your hair will love you for it.

Ladies this is it! I am so sorry for adding to the confusion. We all want to grow our hair super fast, well this is it! When I stopped adding all of the extras my hair grew. The only 'extra' in my regime is the use of the Garlic. That's it. My hair grew even faster.

Okay............now go grow that hair! :cowgirl:

:bighug:

I'm going to ask DSD to post this up front to make it easier for the Newbies. :love2:

Until we get this posted up front just remember this is post number #3567.

Thanks Shimmie!!! I hope you don't mind...I posted your thread on BHM since we have a small following on there as well.

RaeCam

I'm sorry if I missed it but what makes the Ovation so much better for length? Is there anything I can add to Mega-tek to get the same amount of growth as the Ovation? Thanks!

naturalepiphany

Just a quick update. I've been lurking around a little and playing in my hair and I cowashed my hair tonight and found some very upsetting results. I have officially been using MT for three weeks and I see a major difference in thickness.

Okay let me go back a little earlier in May of this year I cut my hair even at shoulder length so that I wont have the inverted V look from the way my hair grows. It seems to grow faster on the sides. Well anyways. Tonight I'm brushing with my denman in the shower with the conditioner and I brush it all to the back and feel some hair on the back of my shoulders. Wonderful feeling I tell ya and then I realize something feels weird. Why doesn't it feel the same on my neck and back where my spine is. :perplexed I go to the mirror and there it is back with a vengence. "The INVERTED V":cry:

I swear I tried everything to see if maybe it was just shrinkage since I'm transitioning (9 months next week) and its still almost an inch and a half too short. So I figure now the only thing to do is just focus on that area with MT and leave all the other areas alone because it makes no sense to have long thick gorgeous hair on two sides and a crazy dent in the middle. I'll take pictures and post tomorrow I'll just have to take a pass in my HYH challenge. I'm going to braid my hair for the rest of the year anyway. Good night all.:sad:

Zeal

Re: For Angel Snuckles and Newbies - How to Use OCT and MT

www.ovationhair.com

II. Mega Tek -- Same as above

1. Apply to scalp as you would a scalp conditoner or hair grease.
2. Gently massage the prduct into scalp with soft pads of your fingers.
3. Leave in at least one hour or overnight.
4. Rinse out, condition hair with favorite hair conditioner.
5. Put hair in protective style.

Which Product does what?

Mega Tek will thicken your hair -- fast! It will also strenghten your hair which will lenghten your hair.

Ovation Cell Therapy will lengthen your hair --- fast! It just doesn't thicken as quickly as the Mega Tek does. But it sure gives the length.

Until we get this posted up front just remember this is post number #3567.

Thanks Shimmie. I a sort of a Newbie I started this in August. I did not know we were supposed to rinse the MT out I was leaving it on my scalp:ohwell:

We are supposed to rinse it out??? :ohwell:

Last edited:

joib

Hi ladies, I haven't posted in a minute but just stopped by to say hi. I am still using my MT 3x's per week. I have major shedding and started on the garlic pills. Thanks shimmie, I will be making the paste and increasing the garlic pills. I do notice my hair thickening up a lot. It will be 5 weeks since I started. It looks like I will reach wl full unstretched by Dec 2008 which will be early ( keeping fingers crossed). Thanks again ladies and happy hair growing.

Zeal

Ok Ladies witn natural 4a/b hair.

I have no idea. I can not tell if my hair is growing or not. Are you all using OCT, MT. or both?

Are you rinsing or leaving it on your scalp?

Do you add oil? or apply it straight?

Can someone please list the ingredients ing OCT? TIA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.