Overcoming Moisture overload

MorenitaBarbie

Hello Ladies,

I posted this on another hairboard, and the most helpful answer came with a link from lhcf. Maybe you ladies can give me some solutions as well. I believe the moisture overload came from cowashing along with using scurl moisturizer.

I hate moisture.. Moisture is an evil monster created to destroy my hair.

Moisture protein balance? HA! My hair laughs at protein. It wants to be

gummy, limp, and stretchy. My hair wants to pop like a rubber band thats

been stretched to the point of no return. I don't think I could get rid of this

moisture if a giant sponge hit me upside the head..

Ok so now that I am done with my rant. Could some one

pleaaaaaaaase tell me how to get rid of this moisture overload. I have

tried everything from megatek to aphogee 2 min. I am not understanding

this. My hair does everything that sistaslick suggested in her article for

moisture overload. When wet it stretches literally like a rubberband. then

it pops. I don't know if it was the frequent cowashes. Or the scurl. But I

need to do something before im bald. Please help me

Amerie123

how can there be too much moisture? sorry , i don't get that comment.

there can deinitely be too much moisture. it's when your hair is too elastic and therefore it is weak, and can break.

BTW, OP, i cant help your situation, but when you get the answer let me know, cuz im going through something similar.

Aveena

Too much moisture was the source of my set back in 2007. The first thing I would suggest is to stop combing and brushing your hair.

a reconstruction treatment followed by a hard protein treatment depending on how the reconstructor works you may want to follow up a few days or a week later.

and lastly possibly braid it up for a while... if you can't handle even that much manipulation put a wig cap on and wear a wig for a while.

I ripped my hair apart when it was over moisturized which caused many splits and ultimately a major cut and I had to start all over again...

MorenitaBarbie

Too much moisture was the source of my set back in 2007. The first thing I would suggest is to stop combing and brushing your hair.

a reconstruction treatment followed by a hard protein treatment depending on how the reconstructor works you may want to follow up a few days or a week later.

and lastly possibly braid it up for a while... if you can't handle even that much manipulation put a wig cap on and wear a wig for a while.

I ripped my hair apart when it was over moisturized which caused many splits and ultimately a major cut and I had to start all over again...
What is a good conditioner to keep from getting over moisturized hair?

Aveena

^^ most volumizer conditioners will have some protein in them. Depending on how moist your hair is you may want to take a break from deep conditioning until you get a better balance but for that quick finger detangling rinse after a shampoo then a volumizing conditioner may work.

for dry or damp hair : Redkens anti snap leave in. It's part of the extreme line in a blue bottle.

disclaimer:

This worked for me but I know everyones hair is different.

I have 4a/z fine relaxed hair

Dposh167

What is a good conditioner to keep from getting over moisturized hair?

there are a lot of options that range from light to heavy. Just search protein conditioners. There's always thread on them....once u get back to ur protein-moisture balance...simply KEEP UP with ur light-med. protein conditioners. Ive been overly moist 3x in one year. sometimes 1 treatment isnt gonna get u back to normal. I had to use aphogee 2 min twice in a row just to get to an 'okay' status. Once i was back on track..i kept up with light protein every week, and i havent had a sign of overly moist hair since

MorenitaBarbie

I am currently sitting under the dryer with aphogee 2 step treatment in my hair. Today will officially be a week of non stop protein treatments. Hopefully this is the last one.

rs61966

there are a lot of options that range from light to heavy. Just search protein conditioners. There's always thread on them....once u get back to ur protein-moisture balance...simply KEEP UP with ur light-med. protein conditioners. Ive been overly moist 3x in one year. sometimes 1 treatment isnt gonna get u back to normal. I had to use aphogee 2 min twice in a row just to get to an 'okay' status. Once i was back on track..i kept up with light protein every week, and i havent had a sign of overly moist hair since

@poochie167 what shampoo did you wash with before you used the aphogee 2 min? When you say twice in a row, did you wash two days in a row and then used the 2 min? I am going thru this as we speak :wallbash: and I want to fix this problem....TIA for your answer!!!