overconditioning?

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by Ayeshia, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Ayeshia

Ayeshia New Member

Blog Posts:
    i keep reading that you can never overcondition and then others say that you shouldnt over condition...does anyone know the low down on this? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Cami

Cami Guest

Blog Posts:
    I can say for myself that everytime I deep condition, I sleep with it overnight UNLESS it's an intense protein conditioner. What is overconditioning?

3. Ayeshia

Ayeshia New Member

Blog Posts:
    i heard its when you condition your hair until it's so soft that it breaks offf...i dunno that never happened to me though

4. Cami

Cami Guest

Blog Posts:
    I don't know about that, my hair has grown tremendously as a result. I know that using too much protein isn't good, but as long as it's a deep moisturizing conditioner, I don't think it's a problem. Hopefully some of the other ladies can fill us in [​IMG]

5. queenofmean68

queenofmean68 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I was wondering about this myself. I have baby fine hair and I love Humecto, it is the best detangling conditioner out there. Has everyday or weekly use made anyone's hair too soft and caused breakage?????

6. dontspeakdefeat

dontspeakdefeat Hair Coach

Blog Posts:
  7. Ayeshia

Ayeshia New Member

Blog Posts:
    thanx dontspeakdefeat, it answered my question. i noticed that none of my conditioners have any protein except silk but that doesnt count. ill look for a new softening and strenthening protein on my next retouch