Overnight Hairgrowth Treatment

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I don't know if there's a thread here, if so sorry I did look.

Some YouTube'ers are doing this treatment with good results. Even though I see their results I'm still so skeptical. I just don't think hair can grow an inch over night. What do you ladies think? The ingredients are simple enough.

Last edited:

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Lol please report back. It's a good treatment regardless the growth so it won't be a waste lol. I just don't know what could be causing growth, it's just eggs and oil.
I sure will lol. That's the mystery. People do overnight coconut prepoos all the time so I don't think it's the coconut oil. And I need to know if this is a one time thing or can I do it twice a week or once a month. I have so many questions lol.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I sure will lol. That's the mystery. People do overnight coconut prepoos all the time so I don't think it's the coconut oil. And I need to know if this is a one time thing or can I do it twice a week or once a month. I have so many questions lol.
Right, I prepoo with co once a week. I've never measured any growth though.

This is funny but my first thought was is this some sort of illusion of nature....like if they check it the next day is the growth still there....cuz something ain't right about this :spinning::lachen:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
o_O

I want to see a week-after follow-up.

I wonder if the treatment is largely just making the hair stretch more.

The first girl: Did she stretch dry hair first and then stretch wet hair to check? (I can't go back and watch again, but it seems so. I could be wrong.)

Maybe I'll try it some time in September, if I hear good things from folks here.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I just noticed the first girl used evoo and the second grape seed oil. Guess I'll use evoo since I use that more than grape seed. I wonder if there's a difference. Seems like the second girl got more growth. I'm still confused why this works.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
o_O

I want to see a week-after follow-up.

I wonder if the treatment is largely just making the hair stretch more.

The first girl: Did she stretch dry hair first and then stretch wet hair to check? (I can't go back and watch again, but it seems so. I could be wrong.)

Maybe I'll try it some time in September, if I hear good things from folks here.
The first girl stretched dry un straightened hair then after the treatment she stretched wet hair then straightened hair.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
My hair never responds to any growth methods so I'm not getting my hopes up. I do need a protein treatment so at least I'll get that out the way.

There's a (white) lady blogger who uses eggs to WASH her hair. It's all she uses. I, too, bet the egg would be great, even if it didn't promote faster growth.

One day I pre-poo'd overnight with an oil mix, and the next morning I had little sprouts of new hair at my trouble spots. I almost tripped over my feet and hit my head on the bathroom sink! I'm trying Beautifully Bamboo to see if it helps stimulate growth, but I won't be disappointed if it doesn't: I use it to mix my Maca Root powder in, and it's all good.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
There's a (white) lady blogger who uses eggs to WASH her hair. It's all she uses. I, too, bet the egg would be great, even if it didn't promote faster growth.

One day I pre-poo'd overnight with an oil mix, and the next morning I had little sprouts of new hair at my trouble spots. I almost tripped over my feet and hit my head on the bathroom sink! I'm trying Beautifully Bamboo to see if it helps stimulate growth, but I won't be disappointed if it doesn't: I use it to mix my Maca Root powder in, and it's all good.
Oooh what oil mix did you use?! I've been trying to grow my thinning spot for years! I've tried so many things with no luck.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Oooh what oil mix did you use?! I've been trying to grow my thinning spot for years! I've tried so many things with no luck.

1:1:1: mix of (eta) RAW and UNREFINED coconut oil, light extra virgin olive oil, and castor oil.

NOTE: To prep it for mixing, I melted the coconut oil by putting it in a teacup and then letting the teacup sit in a bowl of microwaved water.

I dampened my hair. When the oil mix was still warm, I massaged the oil into my scalp and saturated my strands with it. I put two plastic baggies over my head, put a bonnet over my head, and accidentally fell asleep. I woke up the next morning (like 10 hours later), rinsed it, and I kid you not: The very reason I went natural is because the edges at my temples were losing hair, and after 2 years NO ONE could do anything about it. I had hair in the hair loss spots. I could not believe it.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
1:1:1: mix of (eta) RAW and UNREFINED coconut oil, light extra virgin olive oil, and castor oil.

NOTE: To prep it for mixing, I melted the coconut oil by putting it in a teacup and then letting the teacup sit in a bowl of microwaved water.

I dampened my hair. When the oil mix was still warm, I massaged the oil into my scalp and saturated my strands with it. I put two plastic baggies over my head, put a bonnet over my head, and accidentally fell asleep. I woke up the next morning (like 10 hours later), rinsed it, and I kid you not: The very reason I went natural is because the edges at my temples were losing hair, and after 2 years NO ONE could do anything about it. I had hair in the hair loss spots. I could not believe it.
Thank you! Wow I'm glad it worked for you. I know the feeling of thinning edges. I've had this problem edge for years and lately stress has made it worse. Definitely trying this mix. I'll probably use it weekly since I pre poo with co weekly anyway.

I'm also gonna make sure to get this growth mixture on my scalp too.

YvetteWithJoy

On break

Please let me know if either the egg-then-coconut oil OR the oil mix works for you!

I have no idea why that oil mix stimulated my edges's hair growth, but somehow it did. I'm wondering if it is the castor oil. I know that JBCO is know for aiding growth. Of course, after that incident I started researching castor oil. I learned that plain castor oil and JBCO aren't that different. I'm also wondering if it had to do with the fact that I did a scalp massage with it and/or that I left it in overnight.

Take care, lady! As always, your hair is beautiful!

Last edited:

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
anyone still using MN? i just recently began to use it a few times a week. It has mineral oil as part of the base and I'm concerned about it clogging my scalp but I wash my hair often ( too often) so that shouldn't be an issue. I'm hoping for accelerated growth. Im transitioning and I want my relaxed hair gone. The faster it grows, the more I can trim and the sooner the relaxer will be gone.

i want to use JBCO but its sooo thick that it scares me lol. I'm going to buy some soon though.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
anyone still using MN? i just recently began to use it a few times a week. It has mineral oil as part of the base and I'm concerned about it clogging my scalp but I wash my hair often ( too often) so that shouldn't be an issue. I'm hoping for accelerated growth. Im transitioning and I want my relaxed hair gone. The faster it grows, the more I can trim and the sooner the relaxer will be gone.

i want to use JBCO but its sooo thick that it scares me lol. I'm going to buy some soon though.

Keep us updated!

I feel you about the thickness of castor oil. The first time I poured some onto my hand, I was like, "Oh, NO-no-no!!!" :laugh: I ended up mixing mine with other oils. But . . . I've only heard good things about JBCO itself on edges. :yep: