overprocessed hair

sexy c

The story is kind of long, but i need all the help i can. I was permming my own hair and it was underprocessed. i decided to go to my mothers beauticain and let her do a corrective perm, in which she did and it was doing fine 4 weeks later i decided to get highlights because my mother got some:cool: . now my hair is tangled when dry worser when wet, hard to stay moisturized and it sheds and breaks, and just acting horrible. I want to cut it off but all my hard work will go. what should i do i am very sad over my hair please help

Whimsy

Deep condition weekly and moisturize daily and maybe just stop manipulating it for a while? Wear a bun or something and keep your hands/tools away from it for a bit.

Jackie

definitely. don't tell anyone, but i texturized, colored, and relaxed my natural hair all in a matter of a week (I was stressed). And my hair wasn't the most lovely thing to look at or touch by the time I was done punishing it. Your hair just needs time for repair. Restore, restore, restore, moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. That's what I did, and about 3 weeks later, my hair was beautiful again. I got my shine and softness back. Your damage can be undone, you're just going to have to give it more TLC than you might be used to.

Hope this helps!