Paging all Design Essential Users

Islandgirl

OK, it doesn't seem like a lot of people here use Design Essentials. For those of you out there who have used it in the past or currently using it, can you tell me what you think about the line-particularly these products <font color="blue"> </font> :
1. Design Essentials Herbal Complex 4 Hair &amp; Scalp Treatment
2. Design Essentials Nutriment Rx Creme Hairdress
3. Design Essentials HCO leave in conditioner
4. Design Essentials Reconstructer

Thank you so much if you can tell me about any of the products above, and if you can give me ingredients that would be nice too!!! Happy hair growing.

Armyqt

I haven't used any of those products, but the other day I was in Sally's and saw a gigantic tub of Design essentials Texturizer for $15.99. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif I was like whoa! So if you are anyone else uses this, sounds like a real good deal. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Are you sure it wasn't Designer's Touch? Sally's shouldn't be carrying Design Essentials products. What city are you in?

Armyqt

You know.......now that you mention it, you're probably right. /images/graemlins/blush.gif Sorry for the false alarm ladies. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Camille

I'm really glad that you started this thread b/c my stylist has been using Design Essentials and has been using the relaxer on me for the last four relaxers and everytime, it seems underprocessed. She can never seems to answer my questions so maybe y'all can help me. Is this a lye or no-lye relaxer? and is it unusually mild?

I didn't know they had a whole line of products! Where can you buy them?

Islandgirl

Just bumping so that it doesn't get lost in the myriad of threads, because i am really trying to find about this line. Thanks to anyone that can give me some information on this line.

Tracy

Just as an aside - I've used the Designer's TOUCH Texturizer and I really loved it.

Don't remember why I stopped using it. But I'ma Motions convert now - so no matter....

Camille

Thank You Allandra! I will check it out. I am on the hunt for a new stylist and most of the ones I've spoken to use Mizani, it this a drastic change from Design, will b=my hair break?

MissB

Island Girl,

I am new to the forum. I currently use the Nutriment Rx Creme Hairdress. It works wonders with this cold weather. I am about to reorder this product from Sheldeez.com. I have the Herbal Complex but have not tried it yet. I also love the shampoo and conditioner.

Islandgirl

MissB, welcome to the board! Thank you so much for responding. I have been glued to this post to see if someone will give me some details on the Design Essential products. I have a question (if you don't mind). Can you type the ingredients for the Nutriment Rx Creme Hairdress and the Herbal Complex? If you can that would be so great!! Sorry, i lied, i have another question, do you have dry hair or scalp? (I'm asking because my scalp gets dry-i don't have dandruff-but I am looking for something that I can put on my scalp that won't necessarily harm it). And welcome again /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MissB

Island Girl, The ingredients for the Nutriment Rx are:

Mineral Oil, Water, Beeswax, Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Glycerin, Polysorbate-60, Sorbitan Stearate SE, Panthenol, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Borate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidozoldinyl, Urea, and Fragrance.

I use this product on extremely cold days and I alternate with the Elasta QP Mango butter on warmer days.

The ingredients for the Herbal Complex 4 are: Petrolatum, Isopropyl Myristate, Myristyl Myristate, Peg-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Paraffin, Mineral Oil, Lanolin, Fragrance, Methlyparaben, Propylparaben, Benzoic Acid, Mink Oil, Squalene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Jojoba Oil, BHA, Horsetail, Black Indian Hemp, Nettle, Rosemary, Burdock, Birch Bark, Rosehips, Carrageenan Coltsfoot, Dandelion, Curled Dock, Sambuscas, Wild Cherry Bark, Coneflower, Ginseng, D&amp;C Yellow #11 D&amp;C Rec # 17.

Island Girl I am the dry hair and scalp queen. I try to oil/moisturize my scalp every other day. Currently, I am using the KeraCare High Sheen Glossifier and the Dry and Itchy Scalp Glossifier. The latter product smells like medicine. I will try the Herbal Complex 4 when I finish up the KeraCare.

I am also a fan of the Design Essentials Reflections Liquid Shine. I spray a little on each day to revive my dull hair. It is very similar to the KeraCare Silken Seal Liquid Sheen. I like both products.

Hope this information is helpful!

Miss B

Islandgirl

Miss B, thank you so much for your responses! You are awesome! I noticed that you are using the Keracare Dry and Itchy scalp Glossifier, how do you like it? I am really looking for something for my scalp. I read somewhere that we shouldn't put anything on our scalp except oils (i think it was an Essence or a Black Sophiscates Hair article). I was seriously thinking of buying some oils and mixing them up and putting that on my scalp every 3 days. Thanks again!

MissB

Island Girl, The Dry and Itchy Scalp Glossifier is a good product. But, you do smell the sulfur throughout the day. But, it is not as strong as Sulfur 8.

I would probably use a mixture of oils. Either make your own or purchase one. I am a true PJ. I like the KeraCare
Essential Oils for the hair best. But, I have also used the African Royale Hot Six Oil like some of the other ladies on the board. Good Luck!

Miss B

Islandgirl

MissB, thanks for the Keracare Dry and Itchy Scalp Glossifier review, i think i am going to get this product on monday.

levette

hello,

my stylist uses the design relaxers for sensitive scalps on me. it straightens my hair but doesn't make it bone straight per say. i know that she carries the design products as well but i have never tried them.