Paging Aubrey's GPB users

keylargo

Paging Aubrey\'s GPB users

How often do you use this product? My hair loves this stuff but I don't want to overdo it with the protein. I'm starting to use it every other week along with Motions CPR the alternate week. Is this too much protein? I do follow both with a moisturizing conditioner just to be safe.

Re: Paging Aubrey\'s GPB users

I use mine approx once a week sometimes and then I'll switch to once per 2 weeks ish. Sometimes I follow with a moisturizing conditioner but not always.

I don't alternate it with another protein conditioner, I just use the GPB. So far, no protein overload to report.

I've even used it for like 3 consecutive days straight with no problems either.

T

Tee

I used it twice this week (once even leaving it in my hair for about an hour) and my hair feels fine. I know what you're saying about the protein overload thing, because my hair can't take too much protein, either. But, I don't think this is an issue with the GPB. It's super moisturizing. The only time I've had a problem with it is when I used it with heat.

keylargo

thanks ladies. that makes me feel better. now i'm just a little worried about how much heat i should be using with the GPB

by the way,brownrelaxedhead, why did you use this item everyday for three days straight? were you experiancing some breakage? if so, is that all it took to get control of your hair?

Keylargo,

I had no breakage problem but liked the softening and moisturizing effects of GPB so much that I used it for a few days straight.

I still do this from time to time because it feels so softening and 'nourishing' to use.

Compassion

I had this same question. I called the company to ask them. They finally got back to me, and stated that the GPB is safe enough to use with every wash.
I didn't think I heard her right, so I asked the question again. I eventually asked her how could it be safe to use a protein conditioner with every wash. She said something about the product being natural, and the fact that the content of protein was not enough to do damage to your hair, just maintain it. She stated further that, "many of the women here use it with every wash, and I do to." I asked her if it would be ok to use with heat. She said that she puts a warm towel over her head while conditioning with the GPB. She said she did not see any harm in using a hooded dryer either. I'm not sure that I would use it with every wash myself, I guess just because it's called a PROTEIN conditioner. But, I do use it every other wash and often times without a moisturizing conditioner. My hair has been fine. Oh, and I asked her if she uses or recommended using a moisturizing conditioner after using the GPB. She said no, she never has, and did not see any reason to because the product is so moisturizing on it's own. HTH

Blessings,
Compassion

free2bme

GPB is one of the mildest but yet effective protein conditioners I've used. I've left it on my hair overnite a few times without any adverse results