• We will be upgrading the forum, gallery and blogs with the latest versions of the software we use. This will cause some disruption. We will however try our best to minimize it. The maintenance will start the first week of May 2022 and will continue until all upgrades are completed (both software and hardware). Thank you for your understanding.

Paging Caramela

G

Hello Caramela,
I just saw the archived version of the August feature of the month. Your hair is grogeous and your are very pretty!!! I have been trying for so long to set my hair like that. I do not have as much length as you but i am past my shoulders by a couple of inches. How did your roll your hair to get the curls to come out like that? What rollers>? What products? How did you take it down? How did you maintain it/ sleep on it? Sorry for akll the questions but when I take my braids down I am gonna try this. /images/graemlins/wink.gif <font color="pink"> </font color> <font color="pink"> </font color> <font color="green"> </font color>

G

The style is called flexirods, and surprisingly enough, you use flexirods to get the style!(lol) I start w/wet hair and then spiral set in on the rollers, similar to a straw set. For good hold, I used Motions foaming lotion,( I have found that it's too strong for my straight styles though, I like Paul Mitchell's foaming pomade for any remotely straight style). After I dry it, usually a combo of air drying and hood drying, I just pick it out and run some hair polisher thru it. It normally lasts for about a week. I just clip it up into a mock "ponytail" and put a bonnet on it at night, in the morning, I shake it down and I'm ready to go! Hope this helps /images/graemlins/smile.gif

G

Sorry one last question...what color rods did u use? the blue or green??
I am gonna try it when I take my braids down <font color="green"> </font color> /images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks!

G

<font color="blue">blue rods, and I also used some red ones in the top for height </font color>

G

Thanks...I hope mine comes out as half as pretty as yours did ! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif