Paging Crysdon and other roller setters

daviine

Crysdon...when you useElasta QP H-Two leave in to do your rollersets, how do you use it?

I used to love the H-Two before I started roller setting my hair. However, I've only been rollersetting my hair for a few weeks now. One time I used the H2 on my hair to rewet my hair as it dried....my ends came out crunchy and I just chalked it up to using too much leave-in conditioner. However, when I used my Elucence/water/B2B Sunflower leave-in mixture in the same manner the week before, I didn't get that. I figure it was because that leave in was not as concentrated as the H2. So this week, I sprayed the H2 all over my hair before I rollerset and used distilled water to rewet my hair. I still had a few crunchy pieces. Perhaps I oversprayed in some areas? I don't know.

Anyways, I'm also wondering if this could be it as well: I left the H2 in the car two weeks ago for a few days. It was frozen when I finally took it out of the car. I'm wondering if the subfreezing weather changed the product? I am so confused. /images/graemlins/huh.gif

What do you guys use to rewet your hair during roller setting?

I'm getting better but I can't wait to be 100% satisfied with my rollerset as opposed to 90%. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Daviine, I don't use Elasta QP but I do use Motions leave in conditioner and Lottabody setting lotion. I usually use the liquid setting lotion but I fall back on the creme when I'm out of liquid. I spritz with the Motions leave in, making sure that my hair remains dripping wet. If I keep the hair dripping wet, I avoid the crunchy ends look. The Lottabody setting lotion, which I dilute, helps to ensure a crisp set once I work it through to the ends.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
keep the hair dripping wet

[/ QUOTE ]
This helps out a great deal (at least it does for me).

Daviine,

Does using the Elucence and B2B and distilled water together work best for you? My sets come out nice and soft when I use Elucence mixed with water only. Before stepping out of the shower, I apply a small amount of Elucence to my hair, and I let my hair remain dripping wet. Then as I'm roller setting, if I need to spray my hair a little to keep it from drying, I spray my mixture of Elucence and water. I don't go by any ratio when mixing my Elucence and water. I just add a SMALL amount of Elucence and a lot of warm water to my eight ounce spray bottle. I say a SMALL amount because I have already added a small amount of Elucence to my dripping wet hair before getting out of the shower. IMO, I wouldn't mix too many things for a roller set because you'll never know which one is doing what. Know what I mean?

I had the Back 2 Basics Sunflower Leave-in and I was running out. It was so low that it wouldn't spray unless I tilted it. I couldn't find my H-Two so I decided to make some leave-in. However, I didn't want to throw away what little was left of the B2B so I left it in the bottle. Then I added some Elucence and water.

That's the only reason that there's B2B in the bottle becasue I was too cheap to throw it out.....However when this one runs out, I'm going to try just the Elucence and water thing.

One thing, I don't think I like the way my hair felt when I sprayed just plain water on it. I did that because I didn't want to OD on the leave-in but oh well...... /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

I don't mind though because it's fun experimenting. My rollersets haven't come out horrible yet -- as a matter of fact they come out pretty good but just not good enough for me. I do way better rollersets than I did years ago.

And yesterday I did it on dripping hair...I didb't even wring my hair after reading Allandra's post to Blkmane and Skeegeesmb.

In fact, it was the best rollerset as far as putting the rollers in becasue I stopped trying to get the rows neat and it went MUCH quicker. I didn't use the magenetic rollers becasue I couldn't find all of them (thanks to my son and my kitten) so I used the wire mesh ones. I really want to try to stick with the wire mesh rollers because I'm better at putting them in then the magnetic and the drying time.

Boy, am I rambling.......(This one time in band camp /images/graemlins/drunk.gif)

I think that's enough for now...... and it is definitely true about practive making perfect. All I have to do now s get the combo of prodcts down that my hair responds best to and then move on to practicing with the magnetic rollers.

Hi Daviine,

I think you should not have wet your entire hair with the H-Two after rinsing. What I usually do is fill my spray bottle with distilled water, section hair then spray each section with the water until it's saturated. Next, I spray only 2 to 3 quick sprays of H-Two to each section, comb thru with a rattail comb, then roll. Once my entire hair is rolled, I tie a net over the rollers then spray the entire head with the water again (not too much).

I honestly don't think your H-Two was damaged from the freezing.

HTH

Okay thanks. I'll have to try it that way before I give up on this bottle. I really love the way the H2 mists out and it states that it protects against thermal styling appliances so I want to give it one more try.

If it works, then I'll have to decide if I want to give up the softness that the Elucence and water provides. Decisions, decisions--heat protection or softness?

I know mesh rollers dry faster....but I still get a better set with the smooth magnetic rollers. You will not have as much problem with your ends. I have tried several times with the mesh and even though they aren't as bad as when I first tried them...I still get some crunchy ends. I don't get any with the magnetic rollers(personally).

I have recemtly just started using only water in a spray bottle to roller set my hair, no leave ins, no setting lotions, etc. And my hair comes out sily and with so much body. Water is really a great moisturizer.

Back