Paging Tracy - Clairol Hair Color Question

Elyse

Hi Tracy,

I checked out Clairol Textures and Tones, but they only seem to come in a few shades /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

I used another Clairol color years ago - Clairol Natural Insticts. It is a semi-permanent that lasts for 24 weeks/washes. I used it back when I relaxed and I liked it. It was gentle, didn't cause any damage/breakage/dryness and came in many different shades.
The color itself had very little lift and gave my hair a very subtle change.

The only Texture and Tones shade that I liked was Light Golden Brown, but it was on the light side and I think that it would make my hair too light and damage/dry it out.

What do you think??? I HIGHLY value your hair color advice /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks,

Tracy

the results froma demi-permanant color like Clairol Instincts will be more subtle than what you get with Textures and Tones...

It depends on so many things that I can't see (your natural hair color and it's undertones, your texture etc.) that I'm reluctant to recommend a specific shade. Even if you explained these things never translate exactly. I will say this though, if you want a drastic change, as you know, Clairol Instincts won't give it to you. But given you felt the Lighter browns in the T&T were too much it sounds like you want a demi-permanent, not too noticeable result.

Elyse

Thanks Tracy!!

You hit the nail on the head. I don't want a drastic change, only a subtle one. When my hair was relaxed it was a brownish auburn without any color added. Now tht I am natural, my hair is much darker, just about black. I'd like to lighten it just a bit, without doing any damage. The Texture and Tones Shades at Sally's were all either too dark or too light. I know exactly the shade of Natural Instincts that I'd like to apply. If it didn't damage my relaxed hair, I am very hopeful that it wouldn't damage my natural hair either.

If I do it, I'll post a full product review.

Thanks again!!