Paging Tracy

hunnybunny81

Hi Tracy
! I have 2 questions for you, and I'll try my best to keep it short!! Okay, my first question is,
I noticed that in your profile it says that you started out at 15'' and now your current length is 20'', correct? Well I wanted to know how long it took you to get those 5 inches?

(you have really pretty hair by the way!
)

Okay and as for my second question, I know your probably sick of the hair color questions
, but it seems that you are the LHCF Color Expert
! So I wanted to know, if i permanently dyed my hair black back in October of 02', and went over it 3 weeks ago with a semi-perm because the roots had grown out and my medium brown roots were lookin crazy
and clashin' with the black hair, Will the Semi-Perm wash out, and will I be left with the crazy roots again?
I'm thinking about just growing out the color, but i didn't know if the semi-perm was gonna fade or wash out, and if my roots would be my natural color again. And if it does, in about how long do you think it would come out? (I wash 1-2x a week)

I'm sooo sorry if this was lengthy, and I hope I made sense a little bit! Thanks in advance and there's no rush gettin' back to me,I'm going through finals as well, so I know that its a crazy time of year right now, and besides my hair ain't goin nowhere
, so take your time!

Gracias Chica!!!!

Tracy

It took me about a year with trims to get that length HB...my hair grows very slowly. I estimate that I cut off about 2 inches total over the course of the year. So I grew 7 inches and kept 5.

After my letest trim on Saturday it's still at 20 inches.
But now that's it's all fresh and trimmed for the summer, and because I get little to no splits when it s warm and I do some of my fastest growing during the summer, anticipate I'll get my usual three inches or so over the summer and then I won't trim again until November.

As to the color - as long as the color on the ends is dark and permanent and the roots have a rinse you will need to repply frequently...also it depends on the rinse you use because some of them are harder to remove then others. The Adore or the Sebastian should be fine but when I use dark demi-perms (Bigen, Clairol Instincts and the like) they are there for good. That may just be my hair but don't be suprised. Dark colors are gorgeous but they are hard to remove when you are tired of them.

If you really want it out you have two options - endure the crazy look until the color grows out or lighten the ends to match your natural color - which will be hard when you have black dye. Possible? Yes. But hardly worth the headache and trouble.

No problem about the questions... I don't mind. And thank you for your gracious compliment. I'm suprised I can fit my head throught the door listenign to you ladies!

De nada nena.....

Good Luckk!

hunnybunny81

Thanks so much Tracy!!! I guess I'm just gonna let it grow out, I'm just now realizing that black is the hardest color to get rid of,
*sigh*, I always wanna change my hair when the seasons change, dark for winter, lighter for spring and summer, but I think I'm too scared to try to lighten it back to my natural color!!
Maybe it'll fade a little over time?? Anywho, thanks again!!!!

Oh and you deserve the compliments chica, most definitely!