Paltas Hair Treatment (pht) Challenge

ilong

God's Own
Just another update on what is happening with me. I had combo braids/twists installed New Year's Eve. The braids are so loose with new growth that I've had to remove several braids where they (along with my hair) were "drooping". Several other braids have about half to three quarter inch growth. I have to be honest I don't think PHT is responsible for that growth - but I wanted to share. But I believe PHT is responsible for the "fast" regrowth of hair on my front left-side edge.

@WhereItsAt - I hope to take a picture of my left-side edge and post it. You know the LHCF saying "without pics it didn't happen".

@lisanaturally - welcome to the thread! Yes @IDareT'sHair is right - you want the treatment. Please let us know how quickly you get your order. Hopefully, the earlier issues reported with getting shipment from PAK will have been resolved.

WhereItsAt

That’s what I do.. I drink and I know things....
Ilong, I know what you mean. It's hardly visible in my picture. I'll take another one in a few weeks.

As they always say, pics or it didn't happen.

PureSilver

Ha guess what I saw this morning BABY HAIR I can't believe it .......I ordered 4 bottles of themanechoice hair vitamins today so let's see how that works
That's great I know paltas is helping my edges because I tend to pull a Lil tighter than I should and based on that pulling my edges should have been gone but I apply paltas everytime I make my ponytail so I know it's helping.

I used the Paltas Hot Oil Treament this weekend. I didn't notice the oil heating up by itself, so I sat under my heat cap for about 30-45 minutes...When I rinsed it out I was in love with the results. My hair was really soft and silky. I was a little nervous that I was not going to like this product because upon application it didn't instantly make my hair feel smooth like most oils do (I know this product has other ingredients other than oil). However, this is another Paltas keeper!!!
omg I realise this too. I would rub my palms together with a dime size amount of
paltas and the heat I feel in my hands would take a dead person to not notice
that. I will have to try oiling all my scalp, and doing a 4 minute massage that will surely increase my growth rate. I will keep using it. I feel like it's a
replacement for my WGHO. I'll post a pic this weekend

I think I might have an inch of growth around my leave out. I'm going to see if i can get a good picture tonight and let y'all
be the judge. I'm not sure if my lil bald spot has filled in bc I can't access it
properly but I hope it's trying to fill in. I'm going to try to get this sew in to last at least another two weeks bc this is week 4. I used to get in 8 weeks per
sew in but not anymore.
My next shipment of Paltas should be here in the next day or two. I'm just now through half the bottle of the first one and will be ordering more soon just to keep a good stock of it. I may order as soon as Friday
wow if you have to redo your sewin 2weeks early it means paltas is definitely working. I can't wait to see your results (excited). It's encouraging to read that your crown section that was left out of the sewn is thriving and that not a single strand of hair came out I will look into my method of using paltas and see what I can do to achieve the most out of it. Thanks for sharing.

I would like to join:) I would like to see growth from the PHT. I plan on using it once to twice a week. I will also continue to use biotin (maybe). I think I'm 4b I'm transitioning out of
Texlax , I'm 17 wks. post. I'm so excited to do this challenge.

@lisnaturally, welcome to the challenge. Alot of ladies have been seeing results using paltas, myself being one of them so I know that it will help you too no matter how small the change. Also with biotin you should see results and makes it een better for you. I will start my biotin again next week because I must reach my goal of full BSL by June. HHG and I hope tuis challenge is beneficial to you.

Last edited:

WhereItsAt

I got my second order of Paltas yesterday from Pak cosmetics. Debating on ordering more today. I am barely half way through my first bottle.

PureSilver, yes my sew in has grown out and I have had it in 4 weeks now. I think I may have a few baby hairs around my edges too. My leave out would otherwise be broken off by now but it's still so soft and I haven't used heat on it at all. Paltas has made my hair really soft and I don't remember the last time my hair felt this soft. I just hope my small bald spot has started to fill in. It's hard to get the paltas in that particular spot.

ilong

God's Own
Attached are the pictures showing the new growth around my edges.
Where my hair is parted (blue arrow) is where I had thinning . Using the Paltas on my fingertips, I massaged all of the new growth (red arrows) around my edges towards my face so that it‘s visible.

How is everyone else coming along? Updates??

Attachments

• Edges Regrowth Grouped.jpg
    Edges Regrowth Grouped.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

cynd

It's still a bit early for hair growth, but so far I've been using PHT on my scalp and also using it to seal. Normally I lose so much hair from my already fine/thin hair when I detangle that I get upset just thinking about detangling. With PHT, my hair stays moist and soft and I've noticed that I don't have nearly as much breakage/shedding when I detangle.

WhereItsAt

I'm still here. I'm going to take my sew in out this weekend and see what's good! Lol! My leave out is still hanging on in there. I had a couple of strands of shedding as those were full strands with the bulb attached. But no real breakage. Maybe 2 strands total and my sew in will be 6 weeks old this weekend. So I hope my mini bald spot is filling in or at least still a mini bald spot as I have not a clue as to what caused it.

About to order more Paltas as to keep a good stock of it. Still on first bottle and I'm going to attempt to pre-poo with it when I take my sew in down. Or maybe use it with a DC.

And I think my poor edges may have baby hair as well. I will do full assessment once I remove sew-in.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using LHCF

yodie

My edges are doing VERY well. I haven't done a length check because I'm not straightening my hair until maybe April. So far, so VERY GOOD.

PureSilver

yodie, happy to read that your hair is thriving, does that mean that Paltas is a keeper for you?

cynd how long have you been using Paltas now. I agree that it makes hair very soft.

WhereItsAt looking forward to read your "testimony" after you take your weave down. Paltas for the most part seems to be working well for everyone

yodie

yodie, happy to read that your hair is thriving, does that mean that Paltas is a keeper for you?

cynd how long have you been using Paltas now. I agree that it makes hair very soft.

WhereItsAt looking forward to read your "testimony" after you take your weave down. Paltas for the most part seems to be working well for everyone

PureSilver, yep, it's a keeper just based on my edges alone.

destinyseeker

I think it's a keeper for me too... My hair is soft and my edges and crown are really filling in but I'm doing a lot of "the right things" with my hair right now and I can't tell exactly what's responsible so I'm leaving it in my arsenal. :)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Still using PALTAS as part of my Personal Growth Aides Challenge.:grin:

I really like it.

Just purchased another bottle earlier today.

Still getting it from PAKS Cosmetics (UK).

Not sure about any 'results' but I'm sure there are some.:yep:

cynd

PureSilver, I started using it on 1/21 so a little over 2 weeks. At first I was only using it on my crown where I had a (widening) bald spot, but I put it in a roots only bottle and now I use it all over my scalp. I don't want to jinx anything, but so far I think it's working.

PureSilver

I use it all over as well but now that i have so much NG i focus there so it can be soft. I do find that it tends to make my hair a little sticky but all in all it works great

destinyseeker

I use it all over as well but now that i have so much NG i focus there so it can be soft. I do find that it tends to make my hair a little sticky but all in all it works great

It does make mine a little sticky too... I've had to make sure I wash/co-wash mid-week as well as during the weekend.

PureSilver

destinyseeker I cannot cowash that often now since i am 10 weeks post, i think i have 2'' of NG @ the top of my head (it grows the fastest) i washed on monday and saw build up on my NG. I try to wash 1X per week though.

destinyseeker

destinyseeker I cannot cowash that often now since i am 10 weeks post, i think i have 2'' of NG @ the top of my head (it grows the fastest) i washed on monday and saw build up on my NG. I try to wash 1X per week though.

I have a pretty good amount of new growth going on too and for my hair the frequent washes and Palta are really keeping it tame :whip:

charmtreese

Just checking in. My hair and scalp are still doing well with Paltas. My staple products in this line are the treatment and soft hair oil. I feel like with each wash day I'm seeing less breakage and tangles (I cleanse my hair weekly). As far as growth goes, my puff appears to be getting larger....I won't know for sure until I do an official LC at the end of March, but I'm really hopeful and excited to see everyone's progress.

Friday I placed an order for more of the treatment and soft hair oil...I also added a bottle of the Paltas argon oil, has anyone tried this one yet?

BTW: I've decided that I really wasn't that impressed by the hot oil treatment, coconut oil as a pre-poo does a better job for me...and I'm still on the fence with the leave-in.

PureSilver

Update: I didn't use my Paltas today but will tomorrow, i believe using it in rotation with LG had kept my edges from going completely bald because god knows these sometimes tight ponytails i put in (i'm 11 wks post) would have my edges looking like Naomi's

WhereItsAt

Well last Saturday, I took my sew in down but I left the braid base up for another week. I just took it down a second ago.. I will do a protein treatment and take pictures later.. I don't see my small bald spot either but I will take another look to be sure.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I haven't used PALTAS for the past week (or so).

I've been running through it too quick.:lol:

So, I've switched over to: Strong Roots Pimento Oil (part of my rotation) for a while.

Will also use:

Extra Dark Jamaican Black Castor
KeraVada Oil(s)
Afroveda Oil

yodie

Just checking in. My hair and scalp are still doing well with Paltas. My staple products in this line are the treatment and soft hair oil. I feel like with each wash day I'm seeing less breakage and tangles (I cleanse my hair weekly). As far as growth goes, my puff appears to be getting larger....I won't know for sure until I do an official LC at the end of March, but I'm really hopeful and excited to see everyone's progress.

Friday I placed an order for more of the treatment and soft hair oil...I also added a bottle of the Paltas argon oil, has anyone tried this one yet?

BTW: I've decided that I really wasn't that impressed by the hot oil treatment, coconut oil as a pre-poo does a better job for me...and I'm still on the fence with the leave-in.

I agree abt the hot oil treatment. Someone can have mine if you dont mind paying shipping costs. Soft oil and the hair treatment are great.

Iwanthealthyhair67

a month plus after the challenge starts and I'm just now getting my Paltas

Note: the length that my order took to reach me, is not due to Pak cosmetics but mainly because I shipped to our Lauderdale office then had to wait for some nice person to bring liquid in their luggage (usually ppl travel with an overnight bag on a day trip).

Last edited: